Best 26" LCD TV ?

So we guided correctly.Congrates again. :clapping:

Did you connect Tatasky with component?
Sound- yes ,i had mentioned somewhere that Bass goes low to ?70Hz.

Happy watching.

Thanks Spiro. No I've not tried component yet, am still googling to find out how to do that (and I got that Tata Sky conspiracy link in that process). I will once look at your "my new Philips 5609..." post to see how you've done it, or else I will get back to you for help.
I had bought Pinocchio original DVD from Landmark store, to view it on my new TV, by connecting my laptop to it through a VGA cable (got it for 350 bucks at a store in a hurry, as that guy suggested to get a good quality one for LCD TVs, is that a good price for a VGA cable? I know there are ones available for 80 bucks too, but of cheaper quality), but it didnt work the intended way. When I connected my laptop to TV, the resolution (I've Vista OS) changed to 256 colors (both on laptop & TV), and it looked so bad. I tried rebooting, changing the resolution, etc, but nothing worked. So I was disappointed as we wanted to see that animation movie in DVD quality with my wife on her bday, on the TV. So finally saw it on the laptop only. :mad: :(

Spiro, I'll check your posts to see if I get the right way to connect the VGA cable, and get back to you if I need any help...

Thanks. :)

Hi Spiro,

I tried your color settings and found it good, but then I also tried the Picture assistant, and chose my preferences, and found it good too, so I've set that as my settings now.
I've not yet tried the VGA yet, a bit busy lately, will try it during the weekend.

And I checked the operating hours last night again (I first checked on the day of purchase, Jan 2), and found it to be 28 (I suppose it is hours, as I would have seen TV for 6 hrs from Jan 2nd to Jan 5th). So now I think why was the TV showing operating hours as 21 to 22 hrs, just after purchase? Can it be a demo piece?!?:sad: Please advice Spiro...Thanks.

Hi Spiro,

Can it be a demo piece?!?[/B]:sad: Please advice Spiro...Thanks.

It may not be demo piece.My 1st set was showing > 1000 figure when I returned & 2nd one as 16 when opened box.
The figure is not exact hrs,but some calculations as when I checked with in 20 min of uses no.changed from 20 to 22+, so how can 20 min watching show gain of 2no.?

Secondly I suppose earlier no(16)showed bcose of factory checking,QC pass testing.Yours too.So 00000 cant be possible for new set.

It may not be demo piece.My 1st set was showing > 1000 figure when I returned & 2nd one as 16 when opened box.
The figure is not exact hrs,but some calculations as when I checked with in 20 min of uses no.changed from 20 to 22+, so how can 20 min watching show gain of 2no.?

Secondly I suppose earlier no(16)showed bcose of factory checking,QC pass testing.Yours too.So 00000 cant be possible for new set.

Oh ok, thats a relief to know my TV is probably not a demo piece. Thanks for the clarification. :)

hi, i too was planning to buy a 32" lcd, i dont need full HD. my budget is just 28k or less. Is the philips 32PFL5409 good and what is the best price i can get in delhi. is it any better than panasonic x9 and x10 which well within budget with 3 yr warranty.

hi, i too was planning to buy a 32" lcd, i dont need full HD. my budget is just 28k or less. Is the philips 32PFL5409 good and what is the best price i can get in delhi. is it any better than panasonic x9 and x10 which well within budget with 3 yr warranty.

It is just 2k less than 5609.Panasonic X9 is available for 26k.Its good for SD too.

he.... he.....he..... I see that a thread on Best 26' LCD TV has turned into a discussion of 32" LCD TV.......:p
By the way, what are the perceptions on LG-26LU10UR? It's got an Apple type themed exterior (orange and white), USB functionality (which plays DivX), IPS panel, and is selling at quite low prices.
Any thoughts??? 'Cos there are no reviews out there...:sad:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back