Best 32 in LCD

spirovious

Hi,

Which is reliable ,good in performance and service?

What about Durability?I have read that many LCDs get problem within 1
year.So which company is reliable & good in service too?

shortlist -

Sony
Panasonic
Samsung

any other suggestions?

Hi,

shortlist -

Sony
Panasonic
Samsung

any other suggestions?

All Lcd's are good it depends what comes in your budget, pana and sony have some excellent 32 inch models, same goes for samsung .

Warranty offered will be 1 year be it any manufacturer, what i will recommend is first decide what will be the primarily use, for watching regular SD content like TS or dish tv, or for movies, take some dvd's and disk's with you and audition them,then pick the one up that you like the most,

Hi,

shortlist -

Sony
Panasonic
Samsung

any other suggestions?

Why not search on this forum first. There are tons of informative threads (some of them are live) on very same topic.

I am seeing this since long this kind of 'One Post Wonder" trend:

Register-> Post a query -> Grab answers -> Vanish , forget about posting the outcome and thanks.

This forum is slowing becoming sort of dictionery or telephone directory.

I agree with SuhasG. Some of the questions (sometimes identical) are being repeated.

Spirovious, in addition to the excellent models you mentioned, for a 32inch (not Full HD), take a look at Akai also. Their Bravo model is good and has an inbuilt Fardoudja engine for upscaling upto 720p. They give a 7 year warranty.

Cheers

Venkat & Suhas ,
I would agree on the same , i have been an old forum member, way back in 2007 not many people posted. This year i saw the forum really pick up, with good no of posts and members, but most people just join in when they have a buying decision or advice required , once their job is over they disappear, in the end we do not get any performance feedbacks or review of the bought product which could help many other members in taking buying decisions and sharing knowledge.

Akai also is a good brand , but these days not seeing and ads or listings for Akai lcd's, dunno, wether they are still around or not, sure they can be auditioned to as they give bang for the buck at that price range

Akai actually has nice pictures, but the unit itself doesn't look very solid. Have you had any issues venkat? And does it have the Faroudja deinterlacing chip (DCDi) or the upscaling chip?...i gathered an impression somewhere that these were different....or are they not?

I agree with SuhasG. Some of the questions (sometimes identical) are being repeated.

Spirovious, in addition to the excellent models you mentioned, for a 32inch (not Full HD), take a look at Akai also. Their Bravo model is good and has an inbuilt Fardoudja engine for upscaling upto 720p. They give a 7 year warranty.

Cheers

For LCD , Sammy is the only brand to go. Excellent products, good pricing and one of the best Customer service (warranty and post warranty too).

Akai is very much alive and kicking (AKAI :: Truly Japanese Truly Advanced). They have over 100 service centers across the country. What they have done is chosen small to medium electronic shops around the country and constantly trained their people to service Akai products. I have called Akai just a few times over the last 10 years, and they have always provided immediate service at home.

The Akai Bravo's DCDi chip does de-interlacing not upscaling. I have been using the unit for over a year now and not faced any issues. Previously I had used a Akai CRT, and again it gave me excellent service for over 7 years.

The Bravo 32LW7 has a resolution of 1366x768, a response time of 6.5ms, and supports some 16 million colors. I bought it purely for it's DCDi chip and the excellent pricing, and as a standby unit till I get my 50 incher. When I get that, the Akai will go to my bedroom.

Driven by my Oppo 683, it provides excellent pictures. Many time I watch DTH programmes without my HT system, and I am quite happy with the Akai's performance. As I have mentioned elsewhere, the unit has this strange way of projecting sound in such a way that you get a partial surround sound effect from speakers under the panel.

Yes, other brands could be making better panels and providing better resolutions. All I am saying is that if you are in the market for a 32inch, HD Ready LCD (NOT Full HD), the Akai certainly warrants a Dhekko.

Hi,
How do you come to know abt chip & its performance?

Secondly does performance reduce after few years?

Akai is very much alive and kicking (AKAI :: Truly Japanese Truly Advanced). They have over 100 service centers across the country. What they have done is chosen small to medium electronic shops around the country and constantly trained their people to service Akai products. I have called Akai just a few times over the last 10 years, and they have always provided immediate service at home.

The Akai Bravo's DCDi chip does de-interlacing not upscaling. I have been using the unit for over a year now and not faced any issues. Previously I had used a Akai CRT, and again it gave me excellent service for over 7 years.

The Bravo 32LW7 has a resolution of 1366x768, a response time of 6.5ms, and supports some 16 million colors. I bought it purely for it's DCDi chip and the excellent pricing, and as a standby unit till I get my 50 incher. When I get that, the Akai will go to my bedroom.

Driven by my Oppo 683, it provides excellent pictures. Many time I watch DTH programmes without my HT system, and I am quite happy with the Akai's performance. As I have mentioned elsewhere, the unit has this strange way of projecting sound in such a way that you get a partial surround sound effect from speakers under the panel.

Yes, other brands could be making better panels and providing better resolutions. All I am saying is that if you are in the market for a 32inch, HD Ready LCD (NOT Full HD), the Akai certainly warrants a Dhekko.

Traffic on HiFi Vision has increased no doubt...
But in the 100% increase 60% are the direct consumers, who as others said, never return once there job is over, neither they are bothered to put in the work they have done in there home(s), once they are advised on this forum...

If a person on this forum posts all the stuff they have got thru with the help of forum they should post it, so that other member of this forum should benefit, and number of repeated forums decrease automatically...

And even with the increase of Consumers, came in many sellers...
Even i am the one, i agree, but in recent past we have seen number of fake posts, and comments, which in terms turn negative for the valid sellers...
This problem was mostly seen in 2nd Hand Stuff...

Admin, please have a regular check on the unusual posts, and please remove the unwanted posts, which are dead for more than a couple of months...and have less than 10 Posts and 100 views...

Anyways..

I think JVC LCD's are good to shortlist...
They are bit expensive near sony, but are in tough competition in terms of quality...
Otherwise Samsung & Sony are good buys, even though Sony uses Samsung Panels in there systems...

Hi,
How do you come to know abt chip & its performance?

Secondly does performance reduce after few years?

I don't understand the first question. I am assuming the TV does have a DCDi chip as that is what the brochure and the manual says, and is printed very boldly on the body. In terms of judging its performance, it is very easy. You can set it on and off. That was you can see the difference with and without de-interlacing. The Akai has something they call MADI - Mode/Motion Adaptive De-Interlacing, In this they measure the extent of motion in each pixel, and make pixels that have no motion static and flicker free. They also have something called Cross Color Suppression which eliminates cross color artifacts. All these, I am assuming is managed by the Faroudja processor.

I am sure all other brands such as Samsung, Pioneer, Panasonic will be handling these issue in their won way.

In terms of life of the LCD - well all LCD panels are supposed to work for about 50,000 hours without any issue. If you look at 4 hours of TV a day, every day of the year, it will take you something like 33 years to burn an LCD out !! None of us will be keeping the same TV for that long !!

Cheers

how much is this model available for right now? would you have any idea?

I just spoke to my dealer. The Akai can be had with an exchange offer at around 35K. Akai was, I believe, importing fully assembled sets till now but have been asked by the government to set up an assembly plant in India. The prices may actually fall by end September.

He was also telling me that Sharp, JVC, Toshiba, Hitachi, and Panasonic are all pushing 26 inchers and 32 inchers very solidly into India, as India is the world's largest market for these sizes. All these, he was saying, should be available around 37,500 with exchange and dealer discounts against their listed prices of about 49,990/-

Cheers

This is good news, i believe around Diwali, we will see good offers and huge discounts and drops in prices, so better to hold on till then , as the market is very dynamic these days :)

I just spoke to my dealer. The Akai can be had with an exchange offer at around 35K. Akai was, I believe, importing fully assembled sets till now but have been asked by the government to set up an assembly plant in India. The prices may actually fall by end September.

He was also telling me that Sharp, JVC, Toshiba, Hitachi, and Panasonic are all pushing 26 inchers and 32 inchers very solidly into India, as India is the world's largest market for these sizes. All these, he was saying, should be available around 37,500 with exchange and dealer discounts against their listed prices of about 49,990/-

Cheers

Hi,

What about Akai picture quality?

I have seen in past sony ,panasonic have much better,clear picture quality
than Akai.Then why do you prefer?

Pls. tell.

Hi,
What about Akai picture quality?

I have seen in past sony ,panasonic have much better,clear picture quality than Akai.Then why do you prefer?

Pls. tell.

Spirovious, you must take a audition yourself. But, for a 32 inch TV, at 720P, using the same source, I genuinely cannot make out any difference between the Akai and other brands. I did extensive side by side audition at my dealer's before I picked up the Akai. Yes, for me, the price was important as the 32 inch is a stand by. But after having watched a number of movies, I am very happy with the Akai. It handles fast motion very well.

In fact I was recently watching 'Flight of the Phoenix', and the Akai nearly made me sweat along with the actors. Only this morning I watched Night Shyamalan's new movie - 'The Happening' with a few friends. The first thing they said was, "wow! what a picture'.

Sigh, I am starting to sound like a broken record selling the Akai brand.

Cheers

Hi,
I was in the same dilemma for a few months! buying whathifi mag and browsing thru. finally i bought panasonic 32lx700c over sony klv32w400 BOTH are great sets, sony scores in DVD picture quality, but as i would be watching 80% tata sky, i had asked the dealer to show me the scrolling text of some channels, Sony could not handle the motion well, panasonic's 100Mhz refreseh rate(?) did a super job of smooth motion. I am happy with the pictuire quallity, using my laptop to output HDMI currerntly, but the colours/contrast look great!

HTH
Rahul

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back