Best 65 inch TV under Rs. 75000

indy

Guys,

My cousin wants to buy a 65 inch TV for under Rs. 75000. Main requirements are watching movies and TV shows using apps like Hotstar, Netflix, Prime Video etc. Wanted to know which TV has the best panel at this price range. A few of the options suggested were:

1. Moto 65 inch TV
2. MI 4x 65 inch TV
3. VU Premium Android TV

I don't think any of the major TV brands have any models at this price range. He is open to buying an Amazon Fire stick separately in case the TV lacks any smart features. Just wants the best panel available. I've suggested the Moto based on the overall package but haven't been able to demo it anywhere. Thoughts?

I have a Vu 75in and 2 42in 4k TVs in office - hooked for presentations. I love these for what they have to offer. 4k on 42in is a crisp clear presentation. Both the panels are bright enough for you to enjoy - but not as bright as some top end TVs.

My brother in law got a TCL Iffalcon 55in a month back and I wasn't very impressed with its video streaming and casting prowess. I also found the panel quality to be inferior compared to Vu. I haven't seen MI and Moto - but I'd expect them to be better.

I am in the same boat as that of you. I don't want to spend more than what I have to. I have the same three TVs in my shortlist. Currently I have a 42in Sony LED.

Moto from the list is a winner because of good 2.25GB RAM, good sound and equally good 10-bit HDR panel. Mi has 2GB RAM - same 10-bit HDR panel. Both of these TVs have 400 nits brightness, good picture processing engine and MEMC technology. VU has least RAM at 1.75GB, though it has the best panel with best deep blacks but not so good side viewing angles. We all know that cost wise Moto is 65, Mi is 55 and Vu is 52. If upto me, I'd prefer getting the Mi TV because it has good of both worlds.

Great panel, lovely image processing, MEMC, 10-bit colors, good HDR, the PatchWall 2.0, Mi brand, 55k price - there are lot of things going for it with 3k extra from Vu TV. I am truly impressed with MEMC and 10-bit panel at this price point. Moto is 10k expensive for a moderate RAM improvement and better audio. I have a Home theatre system, I don't need Audio - and .25GB RAM for 10k extra is not a good bargain. I am just researching more on Mi 4x 65in - will see if there are some cool offers - I'll buy it this month mostly.

I am also seeing the possibility of getting a 75in TV - if that helps me. In that range Vu and Moto are the only competition.

I am in the same boat as that of you. I don't want to spend more than what I have to. I have the same three TVs in my shortlist. Currently I have a 42in Sony LED.

Moto from the list is a winner because of good 2.25GB RAM, good sound and equally good 10-bit HDR panel. Mi has 2GB RAM - same 10-bit HDR panel. Both of these TVs have 400 nits brightness, good picture processing engine and MEMC technology. VU has least RAM at 1.75GB, though it has the best panel with best deep blacks but not so good side viewing angles. We all know that cost wise Moto is 65, Mi is 55 and Vu is 52. If upto me, I'd prefer getting the Mi TV because it has good of both worlds.

Great panel, lovely image processing, MEMC, 10-bit colors, good HDR, the PatchWall 2.0, Mi brand, 55k price - there are lot of things going for it with 3k extra from Vu TV. I am truly impressed with MEMC and 10-bit panel at this price point. Moto is 10k expensive for a moderate RAM improvement and better audio. I have a Home theatre system, I don't need Audio - and .25GB RAM for 10k extra is not a good bargain. I am just researching more on Mi 4x 65in - will see if there are some cool offers - I'll buy it this month mostly.

I am also seeing the possibility of getting a 75in TV - if that helps me. In that range Vu and Moto are the only competition.

Ya, cousin also doesn't want to spend more since he doesn't plan on using it for more than 3 years.

I got the TCL AI series 65 incher couple of months back for 50K including three years warranty as I bought it from Reliance instead of online. I use it as a dumb display coz i got computers connected to my AVR that drive it apart from Nintendo Switch and tata sky.

I also have the iffalcon 55 incher and compared to that - this one is very good. Again I dont understand what is blackest of blacks...HDR and all that. But even I was surprised that a 65 incher looks better than a 55 incher at the same viewing distance.

Most of my viewing is youtube and well produced content looks real good.

I use this one to demo and normal folks are blown away.

My kids are currently playing the PC game - Rise of the Tomb Raider...and this display with 5.1 audio is awesome!!

I saw the Mi TV in a store. Picture Quality was really good.
Would be interested in a review from an owner.

Went to Reliance digital. Wanted to have the family look at 65in and 75in TV in person and understand its dimension. Was hoping it'll help me take a decision. I was so wrong.

1. Showroom are big in sq ft space, TV size are relative to them. A 55in TV looked so puny in the showroom - which in your living rooms will look sufficiently big.
2. Family saw 65in and 75in next to each other. Even though 65in is fairly large TV, it looked small when put up next to 75incher. I am sure if there had been an 85in TV, the 75in would have looked small. The result of this demo was, everyone liked 75in TV.

The display TV was Samsung RU7100 in 75 and LG C9 in 65. Even though the pic quality was good in C9 - bigger TV was everyone's unanimous choice.

Since they were playing their super-optimized marketing video, they all looked jaw-droppingly amazing. I told them not to have similar experience in real life.

Know that you'll have viewing angles problems in a big TV with VA panel even if you're sitting in the middle. From the sides, the other side can be quite visibly dim and dull.

Went to Reliance digital. Wanted to have the family look at 65in and 75in TV in person and understand its dimension. Was hoping it'll help me take a decision. I was so wrong.

1. Showroom are big in sq ft space, TV size are relative to them. A 55in TV looked so puny in the showroom - which in your living rooms will look sufficiently big.
2. Family saw 65in and 75in next to each other. Even though 65in is fairly large TV, it looked small when put up next to 75incher. I am sure if there had been an 85in TV, the 75in would have looked small. The result of this demo was, everyone liked 75in TV.

The display TV was Samsung RU7100 in 75 and LG C9 in 65. Even though the pic quality was good in C9 - bigger TV was everyone's unanimous choice.

Since they were playing their super-optimized marketing video, they all looked jaw-droppingly amazing. I told them not to have similar experience in real life.
I had the 65 c8 for a week. For the first 2 days I felt the 65 inch was sufficiently big but then I felt the need for a bigger size. The objects or people on TV should appear to be bigger than they are in reality, that's when you get the immersion. The colors too looked a bit smeared on HDR.

I felt the 65 inch was sufficiently big but then I felt the need for a bigger size

The more I read, more I get convinced to get the 75incher.

The colors too looked a bit smeared on HDR.

I liked the overall clarity - but I guess it is more of what kind of screen you prefer. I like the overall screen of Vu 75 in that I have in my office. Just that it is mainly used for office work and I can't demo it for entertainment. There is no google login, and no netflix or prime video that came pre-installed. I have this mindset that if the apps don't come pre-installed, or availble from official store, 4k viewing won't be possible.

Plus, I want a TV that is future proof - dolby vision and HDR10 working is needed for me. I can get a Firestick 4k for those enablements, but the screen should be able to render it to whatever extent it can.

75in Oled will break the bank and will cost 3-5 times of other IPS panels. I am not in mood for those. LG 75UM7600 is one cost effective 75in option, but it costs 1.8L, vs TCL C2 of 1.25, Moto of 1.2 and Vu of 1L

I feel the PQ of those 4 will mostly be the same with minor differences here and there. I don't know if they all support dolby vision or not and do they have Netflix, PV as default app. I am little hesitant with Web OS as well. I am in no hurry, my 6 yr old Sony is doing great job in its 42in avatar.

Tell me friend, Is opting a good projector not a good option over Big TV.

One of my friend suggested Mi Mija projector. Its FHD and can project with clarity to 120in screen. Costs 30k from Aliexpress and he vouched for its quality. Knowing how particular he is about his audio and video, I do believe it'll be good.

My challenge with projectors:

1. The positioning of projector on a table top to project on a wall or screen seemed like lot of hassle to me. With a kid at home, I couldn't figure out a proper way to closing it.

2. The hassle of turning on the projector and letting it warm up is not upto my convenience level. TVs are, you turn on you get to see what you want to see

Now if you think these are not a hassle, getting a projector is not a bad option.

I have a Wemax ultra short throw laser projector. PQ is very good. Very quick startup. And since it's UST , it sits quite unobtrusively below the screen. No need it project from the back of the room.

But in my view it's not a replacement for a daily use TV.

The biggest drawback, in my view, is that lights need to be dimmed or off, when using a projector. Whereas for us, the TV room is a social space for our family, and we like to have the lights on.

One of my friend suggested Mi Mija projector. Its FHD and can project with clarity to 120in screen. Costs 30k from Aliexpress and he vouched for its quality. Knowing how particular he is about his audio and video, I do believe it'll be good.

1. The positioning of projector on a table top to project on a wall or screen seemed like lot of hassle to me. With a kid at home, I couldn't figure out a proper way to closing it.

2. The hassle of turning on the projector and letting it warm up is not upto my convenience level. TVs are, you turn on you get to see what you want to see

Now if you think these are not a hassle, getting a projector is not a bad option.
Yes dear In view of this TV is good option for you.

The more I read, more I get convinced to get the 75incher.

I liked the overall clarity - but I guess it is more of what kind of screen you prefer. I like the overall screen of Vu 75 in that I have in my office. Just that it is mainly used for office work and I can't demo it for entertainment. There is no google login, and no netflix or prime video that came pre-installed. I have this mindset that if the apps don't come pre-installed, or availble from official store, 4k viewing won't be possible.

Plus, I want a TV that is future proof - dolby vision and HDR10 working is needed for me. I can get a Firestick 4k for those enablements, but the screen should be able to render it to whatever extent it can.

75in Oled will break the bank and will cost 3-5 times of other IPS panels. I am not in mood for those. LG 75UM7600 is one cost effective 75in option, but it costs 1.8L, vs TCL C2 of 1.25, Moto of 1.2 and Vu of 1L

I feel the PQ of those 4 will mostly be the same with minor differences here and there. I don't know if they all support dolby vision or not and do they have Netflix, PV as default app. I am little hesitant with Web OS as well. I am in no hurry, my 6 yr old Sony is doing great job in its 42in avatar.
In that case, it's better to wait for next year models. Some Samsung models are cheaper in the 75 inch category. If you are considering TCL, might as well go with the 85 inch. I am hoping there will be more options next year in this category.

Projector is best suited for a dedicated cinema room. Also viewing with all lights turned off for a long time is strenuous. I hope 100 inch tvs become affordable soon

For 65in I have to go right now - my pick is Mi 4x. Below are the reasons:

1. Mi definitely has better service
2. That nice - smart remote
4. Heard MEMC worksbetter

Other than this - I feel the panel and colors etc will be same in Moto 65 and 4x 65. Mi purely nails it with service and brand part. Moto TVs are known to be just branded for moto - Mi owns their TV and they have better product quality control than some assembled Moto.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back