Best AVR for music and movies for 33k?

I would still prefer Marantz over Denon. If budget is not an issue then go with SR5005 or else NR1402.

Thanks aakashr, can you suggest speakers also for both AVR(budget is 34k)?.I will make decision based on final cost (AVR+speakers) .I have one more doubt some peoples in this forum said like Marantz is not good for movie.give me comment on this. :)

@permi.reddy - Please do not buy anything without audition. Yesterday during the meet we demoed the Pioneer PK51FS speaker set which was in the range of 40K. This also has a BS version PK21BS. That should be around 38K odd.

I'd like to throw an Yamaha 471 or 571 in the mix just to spice things up :)

permi, I have just one word to say:

AUDITION

Trust your ears & go by your heart. Marantz, Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo etc .. all are good. Every reciever will sound different when paired with different loudspeakers.

Just go and have audition. Best of luck!!!

Beauty is in the eyes of observer! All can be excellent/good/decent/average/bad depending on your expectations.

Beauty is in the eyes of observer! All can be excellent/good/decent/average/bad depending on your expectations.

I did not take demo of Marantz or any one till now.I am trying to find the good AVR for music and movie,then I will take demo on those modal.when I am searching for SR5005,all most I got negative points for movie area side.I think there is anothe avr that is good for music and movie. :)

If you ask my personal experience, I have heard Denon 17 series AVR with Jamo floor standers and I just loved it. It was my intoduction to Hi Fi world. I owned Yamaha RXV 361 in past. It was decent for music. Never used it for movies (the purchase was a mistake done on impulsive decision). later i sold it and bought Marantz stereo amp.: Despite being just 45w/ch (as compared to 100W/ch of Yamaha), stereo amp sounds better. it may be better amplification or may be the synergy between speaker and amp is better with my Marantz.

However AVR has its own advantages including better bass management.

There is price thread for AVRs where you can find approximate price for most popular AVRs. FYI, Yamaha RX-V671 will cost around 36k, Denon 1912 will be around 37k. Both are 7.1

My experience with recent auditions is
Music - Marantz > Yamaha/Denon
Movies - Yamaha > Marantz > Denon

Pair the AVR with different speakers, the experience is different.

You have to believe your ears and hence step out and audition. Best of luck :)

can you tell me where I can get Yamaha RX-V671?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back