Best bang for the buck subwoofer for around 10k?

vdt

Hi, I'm looking for the best available subwoofer in India for around Rs.10K.

I know the choices are limited, but due to budget constraints, I have to settle for the average ones.

I have found a few from Pioneer and Yamaha.

The Pioneer one below looks good for the money. Spec wise it's the same sub that comes with some of their Todoroki speaker package, SP-3335TT | with improved looks. Couldn't find many reviews online.

S-MS3SW |

Is anyone here using this sub and provide any info about its performance?

The other ones in this range are from Yamaha
Yamaha SW030 Subwoofer Price in India
Yamaha SW012 Subwoofer Price in India

The Pioneer seems to be the most powerful for the money. But specs are not all, so has anyone used the Yamahas?

I know that it's asking too much for my budget, but please suggest which produces the best bass for the money.

FYI, I already have a 7.0 system ready.
Receiver: 7.2 Ch. 4K A/V Receiver with Bluetooth – STR-DH750 Review - Sony US

Front BS: 3-way 3-driver Bookshelf Speaker System - Eligible Sound Bars and Home Theater Systems Sony Store - Sony US

Center: 2-way 3-driver Center Channel Speaker - Eligible Sound Bars and Home Theater Systems Sony Store - Sony US

Side and rear satellites: OWM3 - Polk Audio

Just to give you an idea:)

Only sub is left to complete.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Your surrounds are going to be costlier than your subwoofer:rolleyes:
The subwoofers which you have shortlisted. Pioneer looks quite good in terms of specs. Yamaha Subwoofers.......not such a good idea. Would suggest to increase your budget and get atleast a polk psw110 which is quitr good for around 16k. Better subwoofers come at still higher prices but the polk looks promising and better than the yamaha and pioneer basic models below 10k

I know:), but I got 4 of them(2 pairs) for 180$. Actually I got the entire 7.0 along with the AVR for about INR 40k during last Christmas sale in US. Having friends and family deliver them piece by piece. Will have them all by this month end. Only the sub is missing. Was planning on SVS SB-1000, available for 500$ in US. Too much weight already for friends to carry. Decided to buy for around 40k in India. But like I said, due to sudden emergency expenses I have to settle for the beginner subs to complete my system.

Thanks for reminding me of the Polk actually. I thought I was forgetting something. Will check it out. The Pioneer has 12" woofer and 200W continuous and 330W peak output, while the Polk only has 10" and 100W, 200W peak output. But Polk has 5 year warranty and looks better. So looks like Pioneer will perform well spec wise, but need real world comparisons.

Thanks again

Sorry.,I never use the Pioneer S-MS3SW. :)
o.png

Has anyone here ever used or listened to the Pioneer S-MS3SW sub?

Hi dear,

i am also in the same situation as you with sub-woofer and Pioneer S-MS3SW is looking good for the money.

Have you done with that please advise if so or else which have u bought in around 10K budget? and thats listening feedback.

You've spent a fair bit on the system so far. Do remember that the sub and the centre speaker are probably the most important components of a home theater. Please do not save on the sub. Beg, borrow or steal [emoji6] but best wait till you have more funds for a good sub. Meanwhile check out some in the 10k to 50k bracket. You'll see how they differ and you might be inclined to wait till you can save up for something that you really like.

see if you can find something used... you might have to wait a while..... just from expreience, its always better to wait and buy something good than taking the plunge and buying something you will definitely be unhappy about later.....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back