Best Blue ray player in a budget of 10k! suggest and rate

kittu8_in2002

Hello friends :) i need your help - on the grounds of various video format support,better sound ( DTS,DD etc) and olso other technical aspects, suggest the player in a range of 10k!
:cool: i am sure with you guys around not only will other friends benefit but also sill increase my "gyan" and help me buy a decent player. hope you will help!

*please tell the make and rate the respective player in a scale of 10 !
hope to see you friends participate :clapping:

Hello friends :) i need your help - on the grounds of various video format support,better sound ( DTS,DD etc) and olso other technical aspects, suggest the player in a range of 10k!
:cool: i am sure with you guys around not only will other friends benefit but also sill increase my "gyan" and help me buy a decent player. hope you will help!

*please tell the make and rate the respective player in a scale of 10 !
hope to see you friends participate :clapping:

Sony BD-370 (2011 model is BD380 though not in market yet) should be your choice. Its under 10k and can handle all video and audio formats including- videos - mkv,mp4,m2ts, m4v, avi, divx HD and in audio AAC, mp3, wav, wma etc. It can show gif and png pic formats as well beside JPEG.

Sony BD-370 (2011 model is BD380 though not in market yet) should be your choice. Its under 10k and can handle all video and audio formats including- videos - mkv,mp4,m2ts, m4v, avi, divx HD and in audio AAC, mp3, wav, wma etc. It can show gif and png pic formats as well beside JPEG.

I have a Sony BDP 370 and I think it is good value for money. It has a lot of add on features like youtube/internet based services as well. I have found both blu ray and dvd playback on this player to be excellent and wouldnt hesitate recommending it.

all my friends , please help in terms of - which player supports the most number of video formats :cool: ! I am sure with u "gurus" around the picture will be perfect:yahoo:

Excellent discussion. But guys PLEASE offer your genuine feedback over the said players ability to playback each and every DVD or Blu-ray disc thrown at it.

I am not directly asking whether u modded ur player [if then how did u manage it:eek:hyeah:] or got it region free !!

I tested the LG BD550 some days ago and found it rejecting most branded DVD's from India :mad:

are you sure that it will be region free? Is that an officially declared feature?

Yes people purchased the player confirmed it as regionfree.

Now how to make this region free. You will have to program it and it reverts back to "A" region on Blu-Rays when you turn it off, but the programing stays for the DVD.

Codes are:
8751+0+1 is all DVD and "A" Blu-Ray regions
8751+0+2 is all DVD and "B" Blu-Ray regions
8751+0+3 is all DVD and "C" Blu-Ray regions

Now how to make this region free. You will have to program it and it reverts back to "A" region on Blu-Rays when you turn it off, but the programing stays for the DVD.

Codes are:

Kittu are u refering to the Sony BDP-370. Please confirm. btw what is the best offer price on this model.......... if these codes REALLY work :D

Kittu are u refering to the Sony BDP-370. Please confirm. btw what is the best offer price on this model.......... if these codes REALLY work :D

no I was referring to Sherwood BDP 5004 model it was available for 110$ on buy .com last I know.

Codes are:

That means blu-ray will still not be region free is that right? and that I have to keep changing the blu-ray region as required through key codes? This can be done any number of times?

That means blu-ray will still not be region free is that right? and that I have to keep changing the blu-ray region as required through key codes? This can be done any number of times?

The default firmware keeps the bluray player region free . Just incase you upgrade to new firmware it puts back to region A ... So u need these codes to apply later to make them play other regions... Since its a firmware thing you may have to do this time to time. But if its a mod kit its permanent.:)

HTH
Kittu

I am planning to have a friend pick up the Samsung BD-C5500 Blu-ray Disc DVD Player from the US i need to know if this is region free. The Radio Shak guys arent aware. Can anyone help?

I am planning to have a friend pick up the Samsung BD-C5500 Blu-ray Disc DVD Player from the US i need to know if this is region free. The Radio Shak guys arent aware. Can anyone help?

It is not region free by default.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back