Connection of DVD player to amp

Bhaskar Jyoti Talapatra

Hello friends, Hope that everything is fine around. However, recently I have bought a DVD player and connected it to my marantz pm 6005 amp via coaxial route. But I am surprised to find that the volume control at the dvd player is active through its remote. This is something I have never faced before. I know that if the digital route of a dvd player is used then the inbuilt volume control of the player becomes inactive and then volume can be adjusted at the amp. In this case however, the vc of both the player and amp remains active, i can adjust volume at the amp and also at the player. Some adorable as well as knowledgeable people have suggested me to increase the volume at the player and attenuate it at the amp. My noob question is, whether this is quiet common? May be the amp section of the dvd player is set at the digital domain? However, i don't have any technical knowledge so I want to know if I can continue using this player having connected it through digital route. The dvd player in question is ibell 3288HD. Any inputs will be of much help to me.Looking forward to your valuable inputs.
Regards

Friend,
I think it is common in new generation DVD players. I have Philips DVD player. Both vc remains active. The same was not with my old Philips DVD player.
Seems that you are right. Since it comes with an inbuilt amp, vc remains active at the player even when the digital route is used for connection to amp. So only option left for me is to maximise the volume at the player and then attenuate it at the amp as suggested by some of my friends.
Regards

Have you tried playing any DTS CDs in 3288HD? My unit played then beautifully the first 2 days after which it stopped recognising them

Have not yet tried any such cds . BTW what may be the reason of its failure to recognize it later when it played previously?
It's not a feature in the manual or logos on the box, which mentions DTS. Usually Chinese units play all formats so i gave it a try and got a very pleasant surprise when it started playing them. Sadly it stopped after a couple of days. It's of label use, so can't even ask the company about it. While searching for DVD players in India did you find any other makes and models? Ibell was the only one i found

I see. Then you can't even return it. As regards your second question , i can't find any other makes and models except this one. But I have read somewhere that philips has recently launched a dvd player though I haven't found it yet on either flipcart or Amazon. BTW what may be the online sources of buying rubber belt for philips DVD player? I am asking so as I need some to have my old , trusted philips DVD player repaired again. Searching on line i have found one on Amazon but the packet contains belts of DVD player, cassette tape etc and I am confused.
Regards

I see. Then you can't even return it. As regards your second question , i can't find any other makes and models except this one. But I have read somewhere that philips has recently launched a dvd player though I haven't found it yet on either flipcart or Amazon. BTW what may be the online sources of buying rubber belt for philips DVD player? I am asking so as I need some to have my old , trusted philips DVD player repaired again. Searching on line i have found one on Amazon but the packet contains belts of DVD player, cassette tape etc and I am confused.
Regards
I'm searching for a motor for my Philips that spins the disc. If you have any leads where i can buy one, do let me know

Regards
You will find the rubber belts for your DVD player on "webspareparts". I have purchased rubber belts for my Philips cassette deck fc931 & also a turntable belt for one of my turntables. Genuine & trusted site. Moreover you will get them at very reasonable price. Once you visit the site, you will fall in love because they have the products which we do not find easily.
NB: If you do not find the size, email them, they will assist you to find a correct one.

Regards
You could pick up a scrap dvd writer for cheap and salvage the belts from there

I think repairing the DVD player is not so difficult. Once a good rubber belt is procured , it will be repaired. However buying a decent pre owned CDP suggested by you seems to be doable . So I am waiting for a well maintained CDP and eyeing on for sale section on HFV.
Thanks and regards

But I am surprised to find that the volume control at the dvd player is active through its remote.
Bhaskarda,
most DVD player are used for Home theater. So volume control (for example) 5.1 setup is necessary; so may be that is why digital signal goes through volume control. I am not 100% sure but if bitrate and sample rate is maintained as per Audio CD standards while going through dvd player volume control (It probably will be digital volume control) you will not hear much difference.
regards

I'm searching for a motor for my Philips that spins the disc. If you have any leads where i can buy one, do let me know
I have Philips drive unit part with lens salvaged from old dvd player , one for slot loading and other is tray loading . Just pay for shipping. My location is Mumbai

A big shout out to FM @availlyrics , one of the nicest people I've met. He had offered to give me a Philips cd transport mechanism to try and salvage the motor to replace the non working one in my Philips dvd player.

He went over and beyond to break his journey, change trains to come to a station near me to give it to me and then retraced his journey to continue on. Thanks again

A heart warming gesture, quite typical of the helpful nature of members on Hifivision.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back