Best Bookshelf speakers with in 2k to 4k bracket??

any more options, anymore? plz??

Besides the Boston and Pioneer your options are pretty much limited at this price point.

The only other option that remains is going DIY either with a full range driver as magma pointed out or if you can go up in a budget a notch or two.
Another option would be to look for used speakers in Olx / Quckr. Speakers from Sony, Aiwa's, etc etc.

ok, what would be the options within 10k - 15k range?

Please suggest something that we get here in India rather than importing

and will they be damaged if i use the amp, Dayton audio dta1??

Wharfedale's are the way to go in that budget. Not too sure the Dayton will push them (I'm no expert).

But another way to go about it is... Wharfedale 10.1 (15K) + Norge 1000 (around 12K) only if you don't already have the Dayton.

10 - 15k oes up a lot of options

Wharf 9.1 / 10.1
Polk TSI 100 / TSI200
KEF cant remember the model numbers
Energy etc etc etc

You would need head to some AV showrooms and audition them to see which one you like

can anyone please give me links to buy boston acoustics and pioneer speakers here in India??

And yea, i have been trying to find the list of speakers that can easily be driven by dta1! no use :(

see, the problem is that i have ordered dta1 reading the rave reviews it got and then i realised connectors are a problem with my current speakers.

So if i cant use it with high-end speakers and cant get speakers that it can drive here in India, i better sell it off :) wat say folks? any1 wanna buy that? :)

look at the peerless audio website
the 3.5 inch full ranger - pick one with 90 sensitivity so its easy to drive with a cheap chip amp

stick that is a ported cabinet

im sure there are couple helpful guys on the forum who will recommend the cab specs
provided you give them the TS parameters of the driver
use of 12mm MDF is sufficient
no bracing reqd for a 3.5 incher

since theres no crossover the build is really simple
just connect the driver to the speaker terminals and stick the driver in a cabinet and your done

cabinet is as simple as this
http://madisound.com/pdf/markaudio-enclosure-plans/CHP70-BR.pdf

just change the dimesnions as adviced according to the TS parameters

youre not gonna have heavy bass - but a nice smooth midrange with a non fatiguing top end
cant expect too much for 4 k can you

Bro, if you care to could you please check the reviews for the Dayton B652s and tell me if the full ranger DIY u suggested above might perform better or not?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back