Best Bookshelves 40K - Small Room

hfvuser

Best Bookshelves 35K - Small Room

Hi People,

Please list some of the best options under 35K for bookshelves for music.
Room Size: 10' x 12'
Music: everything except heavy metal/growls and jazz (320kbps)
Attributes desired: textured bass, wide soundstage, clarity, depth. loudness not needed (anyway my room is small)

I will be sitting barely 15 inches away from my speakers.

I am being offered Wharfe 9.2 (15k) + Norge 2060 (9k). Is this good enough or are there any other options?

Last edited:
if you are planning to sit 15" away from speakers, better buy a very good pair of headphones and headphone amp.

Then go for active near field monitors

Dynaaudio and Genelac has some good ones.

Well, following will how my setup look like:
img0845x.jpg

2i28f7.jpg

If these people can keep A5s so near, why am i being advised against it?

You would be best off with either of these:

Aktimate Maxi (Active speakers which cost around 40k)

Or

Monitor Audio RX1 (should be much better than the Aktimates) but will need a good receiver like a Marantz 5003 for like 20k+.

If you need to buy a receiver plus a speaker system, then you should set aside 20k approx for a stereo receiver and spend another 20-30k on your speakers.

But then you may not be able to beat the Aktimates. However, this setup would be better in the long run in terms of upgradability etc and close to the akitmates I guess in terms of performance at the moment.

For about 30k you might be able to get B&E 686 or so.

agree with tech boy

moniter audio RX1 really a dood opetion. but also check Quad and wharfdale9.2... but do audition.

Please list some of the best options under 35K for bookshelves for music.
Room Size: 10' x 12'
Music: everything except heavy metal/growls and jazz (320kbps)
Attributes desired: textured bass, wide soundstage, clarity, depth. loudness not needed (anyway my room is small)

I will be sitting barely 15 inches away from my speakers.
Listening to bookshelf speakers from a distance of 15"-20" in a 10' x 12' room is not a smart idea IMO

Well, following will how my setup look like:
If these people can keep A5s so near, why am i being advised against it?

Why dont you audition some speakers sitting near to them as you displayed in image , and see if you can listen to them for an hour or two . Repeat the audition next day with diff speakers again . After a week you will know better............... ;)

If you plan to listen very close to any speakers, make sure you choose speakers that have the smallest size woofer or bass driver. Larger the bass driver, the further away (far field) will be the optimum distance for proper performance.

The reason for this is because of the uneven pressure field produced at the driver diaphragm (piston) when air is compressed. It evens out at some distance away. Smaller the piston, the shorter the uneven pressure field. Larger the piston, the longer the uneven pressure field.

I think 4 inch two-way or smaller speaker system would work well for your specified 15 inches away listening distance. Maybe you will need to connect them through a floor subwoofer that has inbuilt bass management system for proper bass reproduction. This will be a good configuration for your purpose

I have heard the Genelec PC monitors. They are small in size but the kind of stereo imaging they can produce is mind-boggling. But price is very steep (40K+ INR). The matching subs cost around the same kind of money.
Joshua

Nope, i want the bass to be felt on my heart and chest and stuff.
Please dont suggest HPs.

For the above bass experience a proper floor subwoofer based bass managed small two-way main speaker system will ensure best results. Its unlikely you will experience high quality bass from just a pair of full band/full range speakers 15 inches away placed on your table, without a properly setup & calibrated subwoofer :)

if u want good sound quality ...buy a amp ...buy a speaker ..cd player ....and play audio cd's ..... within u r budget ...u may get used stuff ....

computer / dac / 320 kbps ...that's mp3 ...compressed music ...so there is not much quality u can expect ....your source (comp and mp3) lacks quality .....

i would suggest ...wait ...save some more money and buy a proper audio system ...till then buy those creative speakers ...

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back