Best ever deal for loudspeaker kits.

Thinking aloud: Should I buy two pairs of X-LS mini-monitor / Encore and one X-CS / Encore Centre speaker for my HT setup sometime in future? After all, and upgraded finished Encore from Skiing Ninja won the small speaker shootout here

Thinking aloud: Should I buy two pairs of X-LS mini-monitor / Encore and one X-CS / Encore Centre speaker for my HT setup sometime in future? After all, and upgraded finished Encore from Skiing Ninja won the small speaker shootout here
At those prices for the Encore's - how can you be just thinking? Go for it!!!

Danny of GR Research makes some serious kits for audioiphiles. The current deal is amazing ! For your information, Danny designed the crossover for the US version of the Usher 718 be.

Some forum members have spoken / sent PM to me for a joint operation. Shall we plan a group buy? Will PM the supermod for permission. What say guys?

OK guys, the good news. Supermod has approved the group buy. :yahoo:

As of now, the costing is as under:

A pair of Original X-LS mini-monitor costs $109 per pair and Original X-CS costs $79 each. (This is a matching MTM in a sealed box using a pair of the 16 ohm woofers in parallel)

A pair of X-LS Encore costs $149 and X-CS Encore costs $99 each.

You are free to go for a pair of X-LS / Encore for a stereo setup OR

for a set of two pairs of X-LS / Encore + one X-CS for HT setup. You need to add a sub.

Here is how I suggest that we go about:

This would not be an open ended scheme and we will set a dead line.

We will consolidate the requirement and try to bargain with Danny for further reduction if possible.

We will work out the total cost including shipping, insurance and customs and collect each of the individual share into one account and make the payment.

After the consignment reaches, we will work out the costing for re-packing, insurance and freight.

Thereafter, everyone goes their own way for making the cabinets. Even that can be centralised but would involve additional work and cost.

Suggestions are most welcome.

If you see Danny's thread, you will notice that box plan would be supplied. all you'll need is a visit to a competent local carpenter.

also trying to figure out the difference between original and encore versions for both stereo and center channel.

thanks capt but I am seriously challenged on diy. I would need some help for building the cabinets.

cabinet build seems easy follow this thread

First build: X-LS mini-monitor

index.php

I think not. I think that Danny was engaged to decide what x-over parts to upgrade and what to upgrade to.

He re-tuned the x-over which might also be called a re-design. :eek:hyeah:

Hey Keith,

I made Danny read my thread and he has the following to say with regard to your comments:

And you can let Keith over there know that I did ALL of the design work on the US made Usher BE-718. Every piece and part of the crossover was designed by me and I selected the parts used.

OK guys, the good news. Supermod has approved the group buy. :yahoo:

Here is how I suggest that we go about:

This would not be an open ended scheme and we will set a dead line.

We will consolidate the requirement and try to bargain with Danny for further reduction if possible.

We will work out the total cost including shipping, insurance and customs and collect each of the individual share into one account and make the payment.

After the consignment reaches, we will work out the costing for re-packing, insurance and freight.

Thereafter, everyone goes their own way for making the cabinets. Even that can be centralised but would involve additional work and cost.

Suggestions are most welcome.
Hi Captain,
Nice effort .Would be interested in a pair of X-LS Encore for a stereo setup.
Think we need to act fast since these have been on since February . I think the first thing we need to finish is to consolidate the requirements and get the consignment here. Once it is at a central place, wherever that is, we can think of getting cabinets made centrally if possible ...This could also be parallely done.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back