Best external CD/DVD writer

Writing in blu ray risk has other advantage they are durable doesnt scratch easily & provide high quality

Hello Robin,

My experience on the various questions posed by you. (I am sure that many members wwill not agree, so all I can say is YMMV ! :) )

1. I have used a Plextor CD Writer carried back from Spore many years ago. Supposed to yield lower CR-2 errors. I did check CR-2 errors on the burnt CDR. My observation..... An external USB Cheap & Cheerful CD / DVD Writer is as good on CR-2 errors. The Cheap External CD / DVD Writer outlived the pricey Plextor :rolleyes:

My advice, use a cheap and cheerful External CD/DVD burner from Amazon. Use the money saved in buying original CDs.

2. Yes, a CD Rip Does sound different to my ears and on my setup. The rip software ( eg EAC & dB PowerAmp for windows) both yield rips that sound slightly different.

Even the various playback software, all sound different.

3. While on the topic, to copy a CD, its best (essential) that you rip to an image file. Can elaborate on that if queried....

4. A copied CDR lacks the air and Soul .... The Notes are all there, even the softest ones, but the soul is gone. Sounds silly, but I cant express myself any better.....

In my enthusiasm I had burnt several hundred CDRs...., all trashed... I keep finding (and junking) some every time I spring clean.

5. An Original CD played on a Good CD transport has always sounded best compared to a Hard Disk Rip or a CDR. I do have friends who experience better results via their Computer Playback, but they Have VERY Elaborate Computer Playback setups. I am not there yet.....

Enjoy The Hobby. There is no substitute for actual experience.....

Cheers

Also wanted to add .... Most modern CD/ DVD writers have an Optimal write speed, which is NOT the slowest or fastest speed.

Some will not even let you burn at 1x or 2x CD speeds.

Usually the 4x or 8x speeds are optimal for burning .... Google this....

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back