Best Fanless PC

sidvee

I am looking for a fanless PC. Which is the best option available? Need it to run Jriver MC for music playback in a 2nd system, so doesn't have to be very powerful.
Cheers,
Sid

Just checked out the NUCs - too expensive for the computing power and that too thats the base price without LP RAM and SSD. Many other players like Gigabyte and others are also making fanless mini PCs. Still too expensive. Instead look for a Amlogic S905 based android player - there are some models available for as little as 1900 bucks and consuming less than 10w of power!

If you still want a dedicated PC then a embedded SoC mobo with Celeron J1900 should cost less than 5K and 2x4GB DDRLP3 RAM another 4-5K. A chassis another 4K, add your own SSD and you are done -the price differential with a ARM/Amlogic SoC based android player is huge!

@sidvee are you open to Android? As Jriver app is available on it, though I am not sure what are the functional differences between the two.

Afaik, the NUCs are not fanless. You need to turn off the fan from the BIOS settings menu. Don't know how safe that it is.
Then this option won't work, I don't want the fan, cooling has to be by pipes, etc.

@sidvee are you open to Android? As Jriver app is available on it, though I am not sure what are the functional differences between the two.
Not really, I prefer a windows 10 based PC. There are many options on amazon.com, but very few to none on amazon.in.

I am looking for something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your budget, cause the links you are sharing are quite expensive :D
My budget is around usd $1000 or 75k inr. Also prefer not to buy separate components and assemble it as I am not very savvy with it. Max. I can handle is adding of ram and loading OS.
Cheers,
Sid

My budget is around usd $1000 or 75k inr. Also prefer not to buy separate components and assemble it as I am not very savvy with it. Max. I can handle is adding of ram and loading OS.
Cheers,
Sid
Clicking on where to buy takes you to this link - https://www.kharidiye.com/asus-pn40...ce=hatch&utm_content=s1595410240189dasqa52421

the price is 10.5K and you will have to get yourself an SSD and RAM though. The system is easy enough to install both the things.

We have I think one or 2 of these in our office in Delhi for local backup servers for accounting and HR documents I think.

Last edited:
I am looking for something like this.
Cheers,
Sid
I couldnt find anything like that in India when I was looking earlier this year. Had imported the HDPlex H5 cabinet and done the assembly myself for my build. Should be doable in your budget provided you are comfortable with the DIY aspect or have someone locally to help

I couldnt find anything like that in India when I was looking earlier this year. Had imported the HDPlex H5 cabinet and done the assembly myself for my build. Should be doable in your budget provided you are comfortable with the DIY aspect or have someone locally to help
Ok thanks Jai, I will pick this up in the US then, if and when all this travel mess settles down. I had considered importing the HD plex options, I have the HDplex LPSU, but I cannot assemble it.
Cheers,
Sid

If you have someone local who is familiar with assembling computers, should be straightforward. Otherwise best to wait

If you have someone local who is familiar with assembling computers, should be straightforward. Otherwise best to wait
I have another computer which is not fanless but I have adjusted the fan speed with the bios to the lowest setting and it works fine, cannot hear anything unless I am about 1-2 feet from the unit. So nothing urgent, I will wait a bit.
Cheers,
Sid

I am using Intel Pentium NUC - NUC7PJYH Barebone with ssd.
it's fan-less and by installing ssd, no moving parts in it.

you can also checkout Intel Celeron NUC - NUC7CJYH
I don’t think NUCs are fanless unless there are some specific models. I have couple and both have fans.

I am looking for a fanless PC. Which is the best option available? Need it to run Jriver MC for music playback in a 2nd system, so doesn't have to be very powerful.
Cheers,
Sid
Not sure if available in but I picked a used one from eBay of brand Adlink.

I had an NUC earlier fan noise of which was a distraction.

Mostly, any box that you don’t see heatsink showing outside, will have fan.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back