Best Flixs - 2008

micjak77

Hey Guys as its almost year end, just thought of getting everyone's feed on the best movies of this year.

Here's my list, not necessarily in that order:

Wanted
TDK
Wall E
Iron Man
In Bruges
There will be Blood
Samsara - I believe this was made earlier, but DVD was released in 2008.

Some movie that I thought sucked were.

Cloverfield
Hitman
10K BC

Here are some of the DVD's I picked up recently

1.In the Name of the Father - DDL rocks
Wall E - The special edition has some cracking extras like the feature with Ben Burt, sound engineer. Its really awesome.
Ratatouille - Im a huge pixar fan, own almost all their movies since "Bugs Life"
Die Hard 4.0
Little Miss Sunshine
Night at the Museum - some amazing audio and video (BTW rata ..Diehard, Lil miss sun & Night at the ....are running on 1+1 offer, so I was able to pick these 4 up for 1k)

Also one the DVDs on my list is the LOTR III Special Edition which I was looking for so long. I saw it in the shops yesterday. It costs 999, is a 4-DVD edition and has DTS soundtrack what more could you ask for. Cant wait for this one. I just want to own that blue box. BTW I abhor MoserBaer DVDs, I think such companies only harm the DVD as a medium.

Some of the other big movies on my must see list of 2008 are

Slumdog Millionarie
The Wrestler
The curious case of Benjamin Button - I think these will take some time to come here as release in theatre.

Look forward to your opinions ...CHEERS
PS: hey here's a hilarious review of the highly anticipated Frank Miller movie "The Spirit". Some might find it offensive, but I really rolled laughing reading the dig on Samuel Jackson.

Jondough Deems Frank Millers THE SPIRIT The Worst Movie Hes Ever Seen!! -- Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

I'm not sure I agree with your opinion on Cloverfield - I loved that movie. Brilliantly made and very very creepy. The pacing was a little slow though.

I'm not sure I agree with your opinion on Cloverfield - I loved that movie. Brilliantly made and very very creepy. The pacing was a little slow though.

Hi, thats fine. Its just my personal opinion. Technically the movie was brilliant, but I felt it lacked character build up. I mean you couldnt really care for those yuppies running around with camcorders ..

My favorites this year:

- The Dark Knight
- Transsiberian
- Harold and Kumar escape from the Guantanamo Bay
- Kung Fu Panda
- Iron Man
- What happens in Vegas
- Burn After Reading
- Indiana Jones

I agree with that. There really wasn't any emotional connection with any of the characters. The viewer didn't really care who was dying on screen.

Even I really liked Cloverfield (thought it was brilliant), but my wife hated it. I will not say Hitman sucked but I am biased here since I am a fan of the game... but Max Payne was even more of a disappointment to me personally and I really Mark Wahlberg...

My best of 2K8 list...
The Dark Knight
Taken
Iron Man
Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Cloverfield
Wall-E
The Forbidden Kingdom
Transsiberian
Wanted
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Guys ..I plead ignorance but never heard about Transsiberian. What is this movie?

Here's my list.

Madagascar 2 - Escape to Africa
Dark Knight
Iron Man
Hancock
Kung-fu Panda
Twilight
Incredible Hulk
Indiana Jones & Kingdom of Crystal Skull

I was not impressed with

Wall-E
Cloverfield
Quantum of Solace

Guys ..I plead ignorance but never heard about Transsiberian. What is this movie?

Its a thriller. Its the story of 2 couples who meet in a train which travels from China to Moscow. I dont want to break the suspense anymore. It is a must watch movie. Edge of seat thriller with great photography. You will feel like you are also on the train.

Its a thriller. Its the story of 2 couples who meet in a train which travels from China to Moscow. I dont want to break the suspense anymore. It is a must watch movie. Edge of seat thriller with great photography. You will feel like you are also on the train.

Thanks Mate, will make it a point to watch this. I did some research on it myself seems like a highly rated flick.

Totally agree, its a must watch. Hitchcock style of film making... and the visuals are stunning and breathtaking especially if you are watching on a plasma/LCD. Another movie I must recommend as a must watch is Taken. Really good movie...

Totally agree, its a must watch. Hitchcock style of film making... and the visuals are stunning and breathtaking especially if you are watching on a plasma/LCD. Another movie I must recommend as a must watch is Taken. Really good movie...

Hey Moserw ..which year was this released. Got any links.

In IMBD it says release date Jan 2009. I figure thats for US and its already released around most of the world.

Yeah you are right. I did not realize that. But the movie is a French production and from Luc Besson (the guy behind Transporter series among others). Guess they are having a U.S. release much later than the European one. In fact even I was not aware of this movie, but a friend recommended it highly and I was not disappointed after watching it for myself.

Will check it out when its out, I usually dont d/l but get these nice Malaysian make DVDs which have DTS soundtrack from my vendor here. Here are some pics from Tranformers 2, one of the highly anticipated flix of 09.

USATODAY Photo Gallery

Will check it out when its out, I usually dont d/l but get these nice Malaysian make DVDs which have DTS soundtrack from my vendor here. Here are some pics from Tranformers 2, one of the highly anticipated flix of 09.

USATODAY Photo Gallery

HI MicJak77,

Which city are you located? Where do you get these DVD from?
How is the PQ and SQ?

Thanks
Churfsan

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back