Best format to Backup High-Def on Hard Disk

ani

I have been thinking of using my Macbook pro 19" as my HTPC (or HTMac in my case ). If I want to back-up any HD 1080p movie on hard drive or on DVD's considering Blu-ray writer are expensive now.

It must have 5.1 channel output .

My Screen size is 42" plasma which i m gonna buy in few days:D

I have been thinking of using my Macbook pro 19" as my HTPC (or HTMac in my case ). If I want to back-up any HD 1080p movie on hard drive or on DVD's considering Blu-ray writer are expensive now.

When you say backup -you need some orignal..so what is your backup plan as you are not buying blu ray player?

You got to have a BR player or a DVD player to take a backup. What are you planning to buy. In any case the best solution is to create an ISO image of the disc, which is an exact digital copy of the disc and is playable by most media players like xtremer, POHD or WD live. On the other hand you can play them on your PC using a virtual dive like ALCHOAL or DEMON tool that makes it very easy. If you want I can provide you specific details for the same.

... In any case the best solution is to create an ISO image of the disc, which is an exact digital copy of the disc and is playable by most media players like xtremer, POHD or WD live. On the other hand you can play them on your PC using a virtual dive like ALCHOAL or DEMON tool that makes it very easy. If you want I can provide you specific details for the same.

Another option, which I use, is to use txMuxeR to rip the Blu-ray main movie with folder structure.
Advantages are that 1. Ripping only the main movie reduces the size 2. Its plays instantly without any lengthy menu load times.

I think those will not help,but PC BD-drive will help to backup unless it is Bluray recorder.

Thats what I meant actually, .......creating ISO image, using a virtual drive meant that I am talking about a PC BR/DVD Drive............should have explicitely mentioned I guess.......:)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back