Best gaming console

The reason for the wii is not graphics. It is to get you physically involved in the game. The concept and the charm is very different. It will always have its support group which obviously is very different from a hardcore gamer demographic. Once you have physical movement involved, the possibilities are many. Sports, Fitnessyou name it.
It is a very social game console. You get your friends, family involved. It is fun :)

The BIGGEST Problem with Wii is the lack of good games. Decent games are few and far between. I have both the wii & PS3 and I spend most of my time on the PS3. Wii is more for my daughter and her friends.

Manumani

i don't understand why we clamour on for the BEST console whereas there isn't any one in the first place. Some like the ps3, others the xbox and some wii in between - just like Bengalis like their fish, punjabis their butter chicken and so on.

Manju who started the thread is happy with his xbox i guess - which because of its titles and cost is still IMHO the no1 console for pure gaming. WII games get dull after the novelty value runs out, ps3 (though has better HW, games look similar to the xbox) has limited selection of games which is going to change soon and the price cut is the cherry on the top.

ps3 (though has better HW, games look similar to the xbox)

Look at the graphics in uncharted 2. Any 360 game cant touch it in terms of graphics. Since in uncharted 2 developers have worked extra to unlock the true potential of ps3. the future should be even more promising as developers get familiar with the ps3 programming architecture.

Look at the graphics in uncharted 2. Any 360 game cant touch it in terms of graphics. Since in uncharted 2 developers have worked extra to unlock the true potential of ps3. the future should be even more promising as developers get familiar with the ps3 programming architecture.

+1 to that but at the same time the ps3 is nto getting a real upgrade for th next 2 years as per sony - xbox is supposed to see a iteration next year which should see new HW and better graphics.

I meant with the current crop of tiltles that are not exclusive - games look similar. Off course there are a few games where the HW of ps3 is put under test :eek:hyeah:

Hello guys,
has anybody played Ashes 2009 in any platform. Is it worthwhile getting after the dissapointment of Yuvraj sing cricket. I quite like the EA sports cricket 2008 though. good fun playing it in pc using xbox 360 controller.
Thanks.

Hello guys,
has anybody played Ashes 2009 in any platform. Is it worthwhile getting after the dissapointment of Yuvraj sing cricket. I quite like the EA sports cricket 2008 though. good fun playing it in pc using xbox 360 controller.
Thanks.

actually i played it at my friends place - good but not worth the buy i guess. I play the 2008 EA version on my playstation and its okay The ashes is not worth the upgrade. Graphics are not that great - why i do not understand cricket games look horrible - why can't the developers make good use of game physics

actually i played it at my friends place - good but not worth the buy i guess. I play the 2008 EA version on my playstation and its okay The ashes is not worth the upgrade. Graphics are not that great - why i do not understand cricket games look horrible - why can't the developers make good use of game physics

You have broken my heart on this! I was so looking forward to this game. What did you play it on? I was interested to see how it works on the Wii.

Look at the graphics in uncharted 2. Any 360 game cant touch it in terms of graphics.
PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 looks fabulous too.

The ashes is not worth the upgrade. Graphics are not that great - why i do not understand cricket games look horrible - why can't the developers make good use of game physics
Sigh. I was waiting for this game too. Cricket is the only game I play. Will buy tennis though.

Sigh. I was waiting for this game too. Cricket is the only game I play. Will buy tennis though.

Can't agree any more, MGS4 is amazing.

Are you telling about Virtua Tennis 2009? If you've already owned Topspin 3 then I don't think you will need to really buy this. There isn't a much of difference TBH, but still if you want a sports game buy it:)

virtua tennis is plain fun...i have it on my psp and its addictive - and the game is arcadish though oodles of fun. I

f you don't have the EA cricket 2008, go for the ashes - for someone who has the EA 08 version, ashes is not a step higher.

+1 to that but at the same time the ps3 is nto getting a real upgrade for th next 2 years as per sony - xbox is supposed to see a iteration next year which should see new HW and better graphics.

I meant with the current crop of tiltles that are not exclusive - games look similar. Off course there are a few games where the HW of ps3 is put under test :eek:hyeah:

Thats the usual microsoft story keep milking the customer. Rip him off once then keep repeating it over and over again.

First it was the xbox which did not have even hdmi.some early adopter bought it.
Then was the present xbox just added hdmi.those early adopters had to again invest since most of them had hdtv's
Now instead of giving their console a 10 year run like sony so atleast the customer can justify the 20,000 he spent they come out with another console.

Hello suprateep,
thnaks for the reply. What I want to know did you find batting challenging at all. Like in Brian Lara cricket the previous verison scoring 200 odd runs in 10 overs is absolute piece of cake even in the highest difficulty level. But in EA sports cricket 2008 it is not so at the difficulty level 5. Grpahics wise we can't expect much. Because in terms of their total portfolio these cricket games sell very less. So they won't invest a lot in graphics.
Thnaks.

Hello suprateep,
thnaks for the reply. What I want to know did you find batting challenging at all. Like in Brian Lara cricket the previous verison scoring 200 odd runs in 10 overs is absolute piece of cake even in the highest difficulty level. But in EA sports cricket 2008 it is not so at the difficulty level 5. Grpahics wise we can't expect much. Because in terms of their total portfolio these cricket games sell very less. So they won't invest a lot in graphics.
Thnaks.

yes i played a couple of games in various difficulty levels - and because of the change in player controls (which takes some time to get used to) the game appears difficult which in totality is not so. But yes its leagues ahead of brian lara version.

And wrt to graphics - the manufactures need to understand and follow the wallmart policy - sell something at 5 cent loss but make up by selling something at 15c premium - so i understand cricket games sell less because of a limited population but if the game play and graphics is good (not like the bat is attached at an angle to the players arms or the ball just pops out of the bowlers hand at the time of delivery) people will buy in more numbers. This is true with consoles moving in the right direction - with no piracy and cheaper games, I am sure the market will open up further.

Everything is mathematics my friend - i am sure these guys have the acumen to understand that but with corporate bigwigs determining everything somewhere the originality and new business ideas are lost

Oh!!! So many of u have commented over the games/consoles..thanks for that. But with my XBOX360 i felt it as a gud buy at that price..I love the controller and felt that it is easier to play with than the PS2 controller that i have. I saw COD4 recently it was a splendid graphics a must have for XBOX360...Any way waiting for my Halo3...

Have a nice weekend..
(Any one still who can suggest me on where to get it Modded in Bangalore PM Me:licklips:)

Cheers..

Hello guys,
got Ashes cricket 2009 on xbox 360 platform yesterday. I must say I am very much impressed with the gameplay. It kind of captures the true emotion of th game. If somebody wants to play crikcet on big screen this is definitely the game. Graphics wise it might have scope for improvement but to me as cricket game lover it is not much of an issue.
Thanks.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back