Best HD DTH service in Bangalore

TapasDas1980

Hi team,

I am currently using Tata Sky normal STB. I am planning to get HD now. But after going through several post here and on saveondisk forum, I am still bit not sure. May be too many info into my head :mad: .

I have a true HD LG tv and a Yamaha AVR.

I am looking for a HD DTH where I can get good quality HD channels. Not unscaled. Pricing should be encouraging including the HD STB. Customer Service should be good.

Till now I didn't had any issue with Tata Sky service. I think their service is the only thing which made me to stick with them although their pricing is always high.

Thanks in advance.

Upgrade to TS+ HD and u will get Rs 300 back in ur account. HD channels wud cost Rs 75 which is cheapest among all others. U get 500 gb HDD with 625 hrs of recording.
Next option wud be D2H they have higesh no of HD channels 12 compared to 7 against TS with 160 GB HDD and almost the same price as that of TS.

Get Dish HD. They are giving 35 HD channels. Will cost 500 a month

I pity on ppl who fall to the gimmick of Dish TV's 40 "FAKE HD CHANNELS"

Read dis:

High Definition claims also came under the CCC scanner during the quarter. Dish TVs claim to offer 30 True HD channels was rejected by the CCC citing that the use of the word True to denote upscaled standard definition channels as HD was misleading. Their claim of providing maximum number of HD channels was also challenged, stating that Dish TV can provide only a limited number of HD channels and the other claimed HD channels were SD channels upscaled to HD at the DTH end. This claim would lead to consumers expecting an HD experience being misled. Similarly, complaints against certain claims made by STAR India on the Asli HD campaign were upheld by the CCC, stating that the claims of Asli HD were framed to exploit consumers lack of knowledge of HD technology.

ASCI

Even Relaince Dig tv is not bad. I am using there HD DVR with by plasma. Even normal sd channels are very crisp and clear.

Even I thought so. So basically actual TRUE HD channels in India is still NGC, Discovery. Others are upscalled, right?

So in that case for TATA Sky, is it justified to pay INR 75 per month?

Even I thought so. So basically actual TRUE HD channels in India is still NGC, Discovery. Others are upscalled, right?

So in that case for TATA Sky, is it justified to pay INR 75 per month?

Star Plus HD, Star Gold HD, Start World HD, Star Movies HD, Star Cricket HD, ESPN HD are all True HD channels. Along with the ones you mentioned.

What about Customer Care for service Big TV?

Havnt got a major issue till now but they have resolved most of my queries. Best thing about them is toll free cc no. They have 5 hd channels plus 2 channels in test mode.
Hd channels being talked around here(hifivision) are true hd channels not fake upscaled channels claimed by dish tv.

I checked pricing and channel options in both Big TV and Videocon's web site and found that being a Bengali, I have most Bengali channel in Videocon and pricing is also very GOOD, compared to Tata sky and others. HD channel availability is also Good.

Now the BIG question how about the picture quality and sound quality in both HD and SD channels and how about their Customer Care service?

Between Videocon d2h HD and Tatasky HD which is better?
d2h has more HD channels, one 3D channel and price is lesser.
Sky has that brand name and good customer service.

How is the sun direct hd quality. i was impressed by the pq of sun tv in a showroom. superb it was.:lol:

In present scenario where we have comparable no of HD channels with all the DTH provider, which is the best?

Also who prvides good SD quality along with HD ?

Last edited:
In present scenario where we have comparable no of HD channels with all the DTH provider, which is the best?

Also who prvides good SD quality along with HD ?

Actually TATA Sky HD has a slight edge and closely followed by Airtel. If Airtel Customer service is improved they would give a stiff competition to TATA Sky. Tatasky HD+ settop box had some quality issue with SD channels a year back. Not sure if that has been addressed now. It all depends on the customer service even though a DTH provider has more number of HD channels and if they are not upto the mark with customer service (like Airtel) they are bound to lose customers to their competitors even if they have dozens of HD channels. Still I would say this is subjective and others would have different opinion based on their individual taste.

Got my tatasky HD yesterday and I am absolutely satisfied. HD is stunning.SD is good at least comparing to my local cable STB.

Airtel was in contention and inspite of having more HD channel I do leaned to tatasky due to its awesome CC. Believe it or not I booked connection over phone @11:30 and they installed it @ 13:30 same day. So for TS a big :clapping:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back