Best Home theater system: Bose V30 or ???

presboss

I am restettling back to New Delhi, need some help on what is available in India to use as a Home theater system. Know bose is available, would appreciate if anyone could tell me what else is available in a top end system.

2. Eventually trying to wire the house ofr music, Living room, Dining Room and TV room. plan was to get a Home theater system in TV room, and then connect to Sonos and Bose speakers in other rooms

2. Is Sonos available in India as yet???

Thanks

Ok. I sw your clarification in the other thread so I am repeating it here for the benefit of others

Preboss said:
Clarifying...

1. looking for a good home theater package to buy in Delhi, with some idea of approximate costs. Have looked at bose system, V30. Is there a better option with Harmon etc.

The Home is planned to have a HT package in TV room, and have music in Living/Dining, and 3 additional rooms.
Do not care for Bose system 48 (impossible to load up all the music into Bose, very limiting ). hence am looking at some combination of HT system and Sonos.

2. have used Sonos in home outside of India, with bose 301 and 901 speakers and enjoy the results
3. Asking if Sonos is available in India as yet.

Prefer to buy all components in India so they can be serviced easily

Would appreciate any help you all can provide

Again you have to be more specific. The word 'Best' is misleading. I could recommend you a system costing 20 Lakhs !! Please define the follwoing:

1. Your budget
2. Types of music and movies you like
3. Room Size.
4. Have you heard any system other than Bose.
5. Do you want to focus on Music or Movies?
6. If music is your choice (as I think it is) are you ready to look at a two channel system?

And let us keep all your questions answers in this thread.

Cheers

I apologize in advance if I am offending anyone, but I am simply totally at a loss trying to understand why someone is willing to and wants to spend that kind of money buying Bose, unless u r in a Manhattan apartment where space is at such premium that one is forced to buy Bose just for the lack of space for other better speakers.

Honestly speaking, would any audiophile buy Bose when space is not a restraint?

giddavr

unless u r in a Manhattan apartment where space is at such premium that one is forced to buy Bose just for the lack of space for other better speakers.
giddavr

Even for those space constraints much better speaker cubes would be available.

Assuming you have the sonos -

antony gallo speakers/systems are generally appreciated by owners of bose systems, and your friends will be instantly respectful of your taste and choice because their web site is very good:)

antony gallo is available in india

Assuming you have the sonos -

antony gallo speakers/systems are generally appreciated by owners of bose systems, and your friends will be instantly respectful of your taste and choice because their web site is very good:)

antony gallo is available in india

I have seen those looks like oversized snooker balls :D looks cute though

Thanks a lot for that Cranky I just checked the Logitech squeezebox page its just like a WB Media player with ethernet capability.

Much better build quality and it only plays music files

Looks good but I guess it would be way over priced in India if its available

Cranky have you actually used the sonos and seen how good it is.

I for one cant understand the need for a multi-room system :) happy with music being played in one room.

The features of sonos is quite good and sheer number of ways you can implement is also very good

Canky do you mean you can actually code your own cusomised settings or utils into the controller

I have no clue about HTS, all i can say is that my budget is around 12-15k and the distance of my room is about 20 feet.

Any Clue which one should i go for, the guys at Vijay Sales have very little on display.

I apologize in advance if I am offending anyone, but I am simply totally at a loss trying to understand why someone is willing to and wants to spend that kind of money buying Bose, unless u r in a Manhattan apartment where space is at such premium that one is forced to buy Bose just for the lack of space for other better speakers.

Honestly speaking, would any audiophile buy Bose when space is not a restraint?

giddavr

+ 1000000 that @giddavr, my apology also to everyone but this seems to be a bit extravagant or rather a manifestation of being a true audiophile. I know I am a fool,stupid ... also agree to have some better speakers other than Bose in that price category and even I am using a set of Q acoustics + denon 1910 + Panny PV8 ( thanks to Venkat sir and others ) but rejecting outright Bose speaker doesnt seem to be very logical rather than a mere trend. Again I am the biggest stupid person in this world but I have seen some people who are really happy with Bose including one of neighborhood uncle who is using a pair of Bose 141 series bought on 1984 and believe me still sounds great. So maybe they are not following some consumer ethics but still do we really deserve to reject those outright??? Apology to all 'Bose-Haters' again but this forum only tought to me believe your own ear and eye rather than go blind to all the suggestion ...........

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back