Best HT option for a budget of 200k-250k

For your budget, do audition the KEF R900, R700, Monitor Audio Gx300, GX200 and also the new Revel Performa3 F208, F206. To drive these speakers, I would advice something more than the AVRs amp. Get a stereo amp like the Emotiva XPA-2 to drive the front towers and drive the other centre and surround with the Avr amp like the Marantz SR7007 or Sr6007. Pioneer Av receivers sells relatively cheap in India and are very powerful (class D amp), but they dont have audyssey. The cost of Focal speakers have increased drastically these days. The Focal Electra 1028BE was selling at mrp of Rs.400k few months ago, but now they have MRP of Rs.500k and the 836V was also selling for around 136k, but now it is 200k and they have also been discontinued by the PROFX , I wonder why.
My personal choice would be the KEF R700 or the Revel Performa3 F206 for the 5 channels driven by the Emo-XPA2 and Marantz SR7007 and Seaton Submersive-HP or the JTR Captivator 2400 active or the JTR Captivator-S (for Subwoofer).

Last edited:
For your budget, do audition the KEF R900, R700, Monitor Audio Gx300, GX200 and also the new Revel Performa3 F208, F206. To drive these speakers, I would advice something more than the AVRs amp. Get a stereo amp like the Emotiva XPA-2 to drive the front towers and drive the other centre and surround with the Avr amp like the Marantz SR7007 or Sr6007. Pioneer Av receivers sells relatively cheap in India and are very powerful (class D amp), but they dont have audyssey. The cost of Focal speakers have increased drastically these days. The Focal Electra 1028BE was selling at mrp of Rs.400k few months ago, but now they have MRP of Rs.500k and the 836V was also selling for around 136k, but now it is 200k and they have also been discontinued by the PROFX , I wonder why.
My personal choice would be the KEF R700 or the Revel Performa3 F206 for the 5 channels driven by the Emo-XPA2 and Marantz SR7007 and Seaton Submersive-HP or the JTR Captivator 2400 active or the JTR Captivator-S (for Subwoofer).

Is Revel still being produced?

Focal has changed it's distributor for India. Which is why ProFX do not carry them anymore.

If the system is going to have a CD player for audio only reproduction substitute the power amp with an integrated so that for 2 ch. duty the AVR's processing can be bypassed.

Is Revel still being produced?

Focal has changed it's distributor for India. Which is why ProFX do not carry them anymore.

If the system is going to have a CD player for audio only reproduction substitute the power amp with an integrated so that for 2 ch. duty the AVR's processing can be bypassed.

Upto the point that profx was importing focal, the price of focals was extremely competitive with the international price... Once the distributer changed hands the price increased dramatically... If u compare the prices of the range of profx carries(polk, KEF, denon etc) with US prices, u will see there isn't much diff over the US price(unless it's on massive sale)... This is one reason I normally don't have any problem recommending profx products...

PS if anyone sees any focal product on clearance at profx(unlikely) then either grab it or do inform other FMs here...

I don't understand what you mean. Revel is sold here in Chennai by Decibel "http://decibel.co.in/drupal_new/speakers".

For a while there were rumours that Revel ( one of only 2 organic brands of Harman Intl) would be discontinued. I just checked and found that Revel is still very much active. Sorry for the miscommunication.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back