Best HT option for a budget of 200k-250k

Dude I have had the pleasure of listening to the kef q900 5.1 system running on a top of the line denon avr here in mumbai and it was mind blowing.if i remember correctly the whole 5.1 kef q series was for around 2-2.25 lakhs.also remember to get the best movie or music experience you have to acoustically treat your room...and you can't go wrong with either denon or marantz...and with good negotiating skills you can really bring down the price of the speakers cables n avr....especially if you buy them all from the same place.hope this helps.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

I was hoping that more members would also jump in the conversation and help me out. Seniors/Gurus?

For B&W You contact
AudioVision India Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, New Empire Cinema Building
Murzban Road, Fort, Mumbai - 400 001

Tel: +91(22) 6600 5000
+91(22) 2200 4040
Fax: +91(22) 2200 0909

Hi guys after auditioning Polk A7's, kef 2005.3, focal 726 with marantz 5005 at soundscape Pune and paradigm monitor 11's with Onkyo 515 & Denon 2313 at AvXcellence Pune in the last couple of days, I went to my local Profx dealer. He played me some Magnat 2.25 lac speaker package which I didn't pay much of my interest to because I've never heard of this brand. I might be ignorant about it but honestly they felt nice with the vocals. It's just that I would want to spend my hard savings on some name that I'm familiar with as well as it sounds great to my ears. Sorry. They were compared with a Revel model worth 2.4 lacs, again floorstanding fronts. The dealer had no kef q900's or Polk a9's so I left the place with a feeling of disappointment. Then I went to the other Profx dealer in town to audition Definitive technology tower speakers with rear bipolar surrounds. He had two subs 10" & 15" placed in a 15x30 dedicated ht room. Honestly, the bass got me feeling disturbed. Otherwise we viewed a variety of content like concerts, action movies, songs, Bollywood movies, etc. The AVR used was marantz 7007. I loved performance of these speakers BP 6/8 (confused) used for a 7.2 system. I also came to know that he dint have bp10's on demo. But he has assured me to make up my mind first and then he will open a fresh pair of bp10's for auditioning prior to final purchase. So the second dealer has quoted me Bp10's,cs 8040 hd centre, sr 8040 BP surrounds along with super cube 6000 sub for RS 2,13,000 RS. What are your thoughts on this system?

Also he insists that if AVR is good enough, then it's almost equally good for movies and music preferences, 80% & 20% in my case. He strongly insisted on selling Marantz 5007 or 6007 to me. I've always liked marantz but don't know what other brands like Yamaha, denon, Onkyo, etc have to offer that beats the Marantz hands down or maybe even slightly better. All suggestions are welcome guys as I want to finalise this purchase ASAP now. I've also increased my budget to 3 lacs for 5.1 setup inclusive of AVR or AVR+PowerAmp. Help me out guys, thanks in anticipation.

Kind Regards,
Aakash

Hi seniors and other forum members, I'm really looking in for your valuable suggestion urgently. Kindly help and suggest. Thanks in anticipation.

Hi guys, how do you think about the B&W MT60D? Has anybody ever had any experience with them? Because nobody is replying back to Deftech speaker option posts that I've posted as well as Whathifi mag has no reviews for them, I've somehow started believing that I can get better bang for my buck by choosing some other brand. I wrote to Whatshifi as well and they suggested me to go for this package. I'm considering these smaller speakers seriously now and thinking about letting my front fs desires pending for the next dedicated HT room in my house, which ill be doing next year. Going thru some reviews states that they're good for both movies and music.

I'd be more than happy if someone could also suggest an amp to go with it. Not sure whether to go with denon or marantz or Yamaha. Cheers!

PIONEER VSX 1122 7.2 ch , 135w/ch , AIRPLAY,INT RADIO 1
DALI IKON 6 MK2 FRONT TOWER SPK 1pr
DALI IKON ON WALL ON WALL , SIDE SURR. SPEAKERS 1pr
DALI IKON VOKAL 2 CENTRE CHANNEL SPK , DESKTOP 1
DALI SUB E-12 F ACTIVE SUBWOOFER 1

how dod sound to you ?

if it seems up your alley , PM me.

PIONEER VSX 1122 7.2 ch , 135w/ch , AIRPLAY,INT RADIO 1
DALI IKON 6 MK2 FRONT TOWER SPK 1pr
DALI IKON ON WALL ON WALL , SIDE SURR. SPEAKERS 1pr
DALI IKON VOKAL 2 CENTRE CHANNEL SPK , DESKTOP 1
DALI SUB E-12 F ACTIVE SUBWOOFER 1

how dod sound to you ?

if it seems up your alley , PM me.

Mate I also wanted to ask you and other FM's here about the after sales service of Pioneer and Yamaha AVR's. I have heard that it's bad especially of Pioneer. I could be wrong here because that's what my local ProFx dealer has told me. He relies on Denon whereas other ProFx dealer insists on Marantz. It leaves me pretty confused even though I liked Pioneer LX56 on paper.

For Dali, I soon would be auditioning them next month now. By the way, any approximate idea on the price of the above 5.1 speaker setup? Much thanks.

i just checkd this........
Marantz SR6006 AV Receiver

really good offer

Hi Prosenjit,

Is there a considerable difference between 6006 and 6007? Whenever I am buying something, normally my preference is to buy the latest model. I know it's not the way in HT scenario. Also, I wanted to buy an AVR with 4k upscaling for being future proof but now I am left thinking about the 4k content availability to masses which wouldn't be there before 2 years atleast right. So this model could be easily considered right? Cheers.

Mate I also wanted to ask you and other FM's here about the after sales service of Pioneer and Yamaha AVR's. I have heard that it's bad especially of Pioneer. I could be wrong here because that's what my local ProFx dealer has told me. He relies on Denon whereas other ProFx dealer insists on Marantz. It leaves me pretty confused even though I liked Pioneer LX56 on paper.

For Dali, I soon would be auditioning them next month now. By the way, any approximate idea on the price of the above 5.1 speaker setup? Much thanks.

above system should set you back to almost 2.3 lakhs. actually, the dali pairs well with the denon 2313 but i dont feel like spending more so i am gonna auditon both the pioneer and denon on this setup and decide whats best.

PS : i have auditoned the dali ikons at a dealer in NOIDA and believe me, the ribbon tweeter is sweeet ! takes it to another level.

above system should set you back to almost 2.3 lakhs. actually, the dali pairs well with the denon 2313 but i dont feel like spending more so i am gonna auditon both the pioneer and denon on this setup and decide whats best.

PS : i have auditoned the dali ikons at a dealer in NOIDA and believe me, the ribbon tweeter is sweeet ! takes it to another level.

This prices fits my budget perfectly! 2.3 lacs for 5.1 system + 80k for the 2313 = 3.10 lacs. You have tempted me into Dalis now!:eek:hyeah: Btw, good luck for your AVR hunt and share your experience once you make the purchase.:)

Don't you like rti a7 ?
I have rti a7 and denon 1912 and very happy with the performance.
Also consider wharfedale 10.7 allover very good sound in both movie and music.

This prices fits my budget perfectly! 2.3 lacs for 5.1 system + 80k for the 2313 = 3.10 lacs. You have tempted me into Dalis now!:eek:hyeah: Btw, good luck for your AVR hunt and share your experience once you make the purchase.:)

lol.. actually this includes the pioneer VSX 2211 amp so no need for a AVR unless i replace the pioneer with the denon. i am looking forward to the setup being delivered then i will share more pictures etc. My HT area is about 33 feet x 22 feet so u can imagine. everything is gonna seem puny. audition the dali ikon 6's and let me know how u feel about them.

denon is a good brand for movies. you should look at 2313/3313 based on your budget. speakers are again personal preference based on sound. B&W are a good brand but expensive.You need to audition them.

Don't you like rti a7 ?
I have rti a7 and denon 1912 and very happy with the performance.
Also consider wharfedale 10.7 allover very good sound in both movie and music.

I did like them and think that they sounded great. Although I was looking for even bigger and better speakers, it lead me to A9's, then deftech BP10's, 683 theatre and now CM9. I know it sounds weird but somehow, I'm on a hunt for B&W towers that's inline with my taste as well. Will share the experience once I buy them. Cheers.

lol.. actually this includes the pioneer VSX 2211 amp so no need for a AVR unless i replace the pioneer with the denon. i am looking forward to the setup being delivered then i will share more pictures etc. My HT area is about 33 feet x 22 feet so u can imagine. everything is gonna seem puny. audition the dali ikon 6's and let me know how u feel about them.

Do you mean 2.3 lacs is inclusive of 5.1 speakers as well as your Pioneer AVR? Thanks.

denon is a good brand for movies. you should look at 2313/3313 based on your budget. speakers are again personal preference based on sound. B&W are a good brand but expensive.You need to audition them.

Hi I'll be auditioning the B&W's 683 and CM9 soon. However the dealer suggested me not to go for marantz or denon AVR with CM9's. His choice was the Yamaha Aventage 1010 precisely? What are your thoughts on this? Thanks.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back