Best LCD, LED TV inside 60K

:clapping: You have fallen for the "marketing gimmick - ECO Mode!" To me it's like owning a Ferrari and being told - run it at 40-60 mph .... get the drift. In the eco mode - you sacrifice optimum PQ and even then the real drop in voltage is bollocks :yahoo:

Truth be told, I was desperate to settle for a plasma - However, when I learnt that Panasonic sells their best models ONLY in the USA & Europe at half the price of their obsolete models out here [GUYS CHECK OUT THE TECH SPECS OF THE US MODELS - Super low energy cons (just 110W); plenty of other green features and Wow!!! THX certified panels even on non 3D models] - so u see why I am pissed at these Companies and how we get conned in the end.

IT'S NO VFM for most things out here....and that's why I ended up picking the LG 47" led LE4600 and paid 66.5k for it.

HFV guys u shud also know that LG's state of the art series 47" LED LE8500 [size not available in India as yet] retails in USA for just 72k :mad: ..... if & when available in India it's mrp would be at least 1.75K [based on the pricing of 42LE8500 which is 1.5K !!]

Jaago India .... Jaago :mad:

I second that:mad:

:clapping: You have fallen for the "marketing gimmick - ECO Mode!" To me it's like owning a Ferrari and being told - run it at 40-60 mph .... get the drift. In the eco mode - you sacrifice optimum PQ and even then the real drop in voltage is bollocks :yahoo:

Truth be told, I was desperate to settle for a plasma - However, when I learnt that Panasonic sells their best models ONLY in the USA & Europe at half the price of their obsolete models out here [GUYS CHECK OUT THE TECH SPECS OF THE US MODELS - Super low energy cons (just 110W); plenty of other green features and Wow!!! THX certified panels even on non 3D models] - so u see why I am pissed at these Companies and how we get conned in the end.

IT'S NO VFM for most things out here....and that's why I ended up picking the LG 47" led LE4600 and paid 66.5k for it.

HFV guys u shud also know that LG's state of the art series 47" LED LE8500 [size not available in India as yet] retails in USA for just 72k :mad: ..... if & when available in India it's mrp would be at least 1.75K [based on the pricing of 42LE8500 which is 1.5K !!]

Jaago India .... Jaago :mad:

Well they have different energy laws,according to Cnet David Katzmaier in order to meet their strict norms plasma manufactures have to limit or set their tv brightness to unusually low levels.

Regarding the hight price of LG 8500 these are premium models not assembled in india and are a direct import and hence carry a 30% import tax compared to 5% tax if assembled in india.The ones assembled in india may also have indian made components like power supply further reducing the price.

Sorry guys! I definately didn't wanted to go for Plasma TV. I've been to US many times for last 4-5 years and unfortunately Plasma TV's are not doing too well there as well as compaired to LED and LCD's.
As far as power saving is concerned Edge-lit LED's do save power over LCD's and Plasma. In terms of refresh rate - LCD and LED's cannot match Plasma's refresh rate. As far as contrast ratio is concered LED's are better than LCD's and are as good as Plasma.

Thanks terence_fdes. You were accurate, I did more research yesterday and found a fantastic TV from LG, I did check 4600 model you mentioned still it was beyond my budget and I settled on LG 42LE5300. I got it from Vijay Sales for 55K after old TV replacement. Man o Man! Its a rocking TV!!! Has everything I wanted under my price bracket. has one of the best contrast ratios 30,00,000:1 !!! So far It has played every video file format that I threw at it! ex: Video's from youtube:flv, avi, mkv, xvid quite amazed!

Thanks a lot for your advice and help.

Thanks for extensive research :)
Yesterday I bought this for 57K without exchange. As the store was offering 11 months interest free installment I have opted for it.

Last edited:
Thanks for extensive research :)
Yesterday I bought this for 57K without exchange. As the store was offering 11 months interest free installment I have opted for it.

Excellent! I'm glad my research helped you. Do post your review of over all experience so that it can benefit other members as well.

hi,

is this 4600 or 5300?
Which store did you get it from in Bangalore?

Its 5300 and bought from adishwar, It was a hard bargain :)

guys who delivered installed it on stand. I am awaiting for the wall mounting.

Overall initial experience is very nice. But a bit confused with Intelligent sensor mode (under display menu) which saves power, but I find it picture become very dark and dull. Once again I will try it with different lighting condition.

Overall initial experience is very nice. But a bit confused with Intelligent sensor mode (under display menu) which saves power, but I find it picture become very dark and dull. Once again I will try it with different lighting condition.

Hi,

Yesterday, I had a side by side demo of 5300 Vs 5500. I found noise in 5300 and also the tint was more towards red in 5300. 5500 had a neutral tint. Showroom guy was saying models were on factory settings. Are you seeing any such issues in your initial experience?
Did you get the tata sky box with your TV? And wall mounting is a separate purchase, or included in the delivery

5300 is configurable to minute details and if you mess up a lot you can in one shot bring it back to factory defaults. Wall mounting is free but takes 2-3 days. I have no complains. Just need to explore and set the correct Hz speed.

Which branch of adishwar ? And did u bargain for any other models like 5500 / 4600 ? What prices were quoted for you ?

:signthankspin:

you can pick up a new 46" Philips 46PFL5505 (full hd) for 53,990/- from e-zone. i believe it also comes with a 4 year warranty.

I'll recommend not to go for Philips unless you run out of options. There are too many speculations of Philips - Videocon tie up, also when i did extensive research I found there are too many complains about poor service of Philips some of them are on this forum as well. Before going for LG, I was big time following Philips 42PFL4755 model which is LED TV of 42" size at price 57K (After bargain).

Second imp point: 4 Years warranty is bit tricky. As per philips 2 years product warranty and for next 2 years there will not be charges for labour, but you will have to shell out spare part cost. Just read carefully the 4 year Warranty card and you will know.

After doing lot of research I have come down to following models that fit inside my budget. Although my original budget was of 50K I have extended it to 60K and I'm trying my best that will give me maximum within my budget. People please do share your views.

1. I do not want 50hz refresh rate. I've already experienced the difference between 50hz and 100hz and want atleast 100hz refresh rate.
2. I want 40"+ size
3. I already owe SONY dz610 home theater and I noticed it cannot play all formats on USB so I'll prefer other brand than SONY.

Here are models I've zero down. [These prices are after bargaining]

SONY LCD 40" 40EX500 58,000/-
KLV-40EX500 : EX500 Series : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony India
(Dont want to go for it unless left with no choice)

Philips LED 42" 42PFL4755 58000/-
Philips - 4000 series LED TV 42" Full HD 1080p - 42PFL4755/V7 - 4000 series - Televisions - Sound and vision
(People's comments on philips service has scared me however if anyone can share good examples of Philips service they are welcome)

Samsung LCD LA40C630K1R 59500/-
Connect to a wider world of entertainment - LA40C630K1R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG
( I dont mind samsung but it's a LCD and not LED )

LG LCD 42" 42LD650 LCD TV 63,000/- with blue ray player
LG 42 Inch Full HD LCD TV - Model 42LD650 LCD

Heir LED 40" LE40T3 55,000/-
Welcome To Haier India : Inspired Living
(Has anyone purchased any Heir LED tv's? how is there service and over all product?"

Please share your views on Philips and Heir sales/service/product.

Go for LG backlight LED LE5500 series. It has local diming. I am having 42LH90 Full LED. Lg is awesome

5300 is configurable to minute details and if you mess up a lot you can in one shot bring it back to factory defaults. Wall mounting is free but takes 2-3 days. I have no complains. Just need to explore and set the correct Hz speed.

Day before yesterday I switched off all lights and started watching one HD channel and then noticed a white glow on top row of the panel as if 2 bulbs are glowing behind the panel. LG Engineer visited my place and told me that it is normal with side lit LED panel. I contacted the showroom and those guys told me that its not normal and advised me to ask for a replacement.

From showroom I called the engineer and conveyed my displeasure he immediately agreed for a replacement within 3 days.

I will write a detailed review after I get the new piece.

Last edited:
You can get so many good quality and size of LED TV within your 60k budget. Samsung offers a wide range of LED tv from 15,000 to 1,25000. You can check the features online or your nearest dealer. Samsung LED TV is really better than LCD TV though both have little difference but LED is better as i have read LED television reviews.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back