Best LCD Panels !!! Price vs Quality !!!

Best LCD !!! Quality vs Price !!!

• Total voters
Hi,

If I am not mistaken the Panasonic LX700 that is available in India already has the IPS alpha panel.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

I would put my bet on samsung as I've put my money on it. This happened after lots of research and auditions.

Not that Sony wasn't interesting, but somehow Sony lacks natural tones due to pepped up Bravia engine.

I got the 32 Samsung LCD full HD series 6, amazing picture quality and looks also quite good.

I have 2 Samsung LCD now and i think samsung are doing a great job.

btw , both the LCD's were brought from bkk, so got them quite cheap.

Vijay

I got the 32 Samsung LCD full HD series 6, amazing picture quality and looks also quite good.

I have 2 Samsung LCD now and i think samsung are doing a great job.

btw , both the LCD's were brought from bkk, so got them quite cheap.

Vijay

What is "bkk"?

Thailand is a great place to pick up LCD Tvs (and other electronics). Can you tell us how much you spent on the 32 inch LCDs in BKK? in baht? and how much duty you paid to get them into India?

Thailand is indeed a great place to shop for lcds.
I paid 30,790 TBH for my smasung series6 32 lcd. Paid INR 2000 ;) here at customs.
good deal?? :D

in lcds it has to be the sony,although they use samsung panels.sony use thier own backlight and what makes them good is the bravia engine.

a poll conducted last year in uk showed that best 32inch was the sony D series.best 40inch lcd was sony W series and X series.
but the best flat panel was the pioneer plasmas.

the newer sony W400A and samsung series 6 shows black levels as good the panasonic plasmas like (TH-42PY800H availabe in grey market) which is the latest yet to be available in india and TH-42PV80H.
the sony have a measured contrast of 2500:1 although its advertised as 3000static contrast.
but leaders are the pioneer plasmas they have a measured contrast around 3600:1 although advertised as 15000:1 static contrast.

the toshiba,hitachi, panel of the A-IPS origin have better viewing angles and from what i have seen the colors are different from what u see in SPVA,AMVA,SMVA panels.

the IPS based panel have very low contrast the best of them topping at 800:1 measured contrast,and less black levels at best around 0.51 cd/m2 compared to sony W400 which have a black levels of 0.1 cd/m2 and the best of the plasmas the pioneer which have a black level of 0.05 cd/m2 .

next year sony will use sharp ASV panels which i think will be better i like the colors produced by the ASV.

Hi adder, I got this page from Google.

I was trying to get comparision betn IPS@ & AVS panals.
The reason is I got offer of Rs35000 for sharp LC32A33 which uses AVS panals.

Now which is better Pany IPs or Sharp AVS?
I liked picture Q of both.

Hi adder, I got this page from Google.

I was trying to get comparision betn IPS@ & AVS panals.
The reason is I got offer of Rs35000 for sharp LC32A33 which uses AVS panals.

Now which is better Pany IPs or Sharp AVS?
I liked picture Q of both.

well the sharp ASV tech has more contrast then IPS based tv like panasonic only loosing to sony and samsung tvs,its viewing angles are comparable to panasonic based tv,and its black levels although not as good as samsung,sony , still is better then panasonic AIPS based lcd tvs.
but where panasonic shines is its superior image processing,still offcouse wont match the sony and samsung image processing.
if u ask me u can go for the samsung series 5 lcd has backlight control and apart from that it shows much more details visible in dark or shadow images,the panasonic lcds are at the best equivalent to 2006 lcds from samsung and sony when it comes to detail in shadow or dark regions.
also sharp lcd produce far more detail in shadow regions or darks images then panasonic.

well the sharp ASV tech has more contrast then IPS based tv like panasonic only loosing to sony and samsung tvs,its viewing angles are comparable to panasonic based tv,and its black levels although not as good as samsung,sony , still is better then panasonic AIPS based lcd tvs.
but where panasonic shines is its superior image processing,still offcouse wont match the sony and samsung image processing.
if u ask me u can go for the samsung series 5 lcd has backlight control and apart from that it shows much more details visible in dark or shadow images,the panasonic lcds are at the best equivalent to 2006 lcds from samsung and sony when it comes to detail in shadow or dark regions.
also sharp lcd produce far more detail in shadow regions or darks images then panasonic.

Thanks yar,

I found good Blacks on sharp LC32A33.Clear display,But contrast ratio only 7500?
I am not getting model Details of sharp.I dont know if it has Backlight control.

Can you compare PanyTX-32 LX800 with Sharp LC32A33?

i think :: Sharp LC-32A53M :: would be a a more apt comparison with VIERA TX-32LX800C as both are 100Hz models.

i've been trying hard to get to view the sharp here in pune without any luck. contacted the company yesterday and they are unable to connect me with a dealer that stocks the sharp. vijay sales called me back only to inform me they currently have A33 only.

does anyone know a showroom in pune where i can view the LC-32A53M and TX-32LX800C side by side.

anyone compared these 2 models before?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back