Best Passive Bookshelf Speakers under 10K ?

Hi, I am looking for a good pair of Passive speakers that comes under 10K budget. I have Dayton Audio B652 Air in mind. which is comes around 12K. what is your suggestions ?. I have to hook it up with SMSL AD18 Amp.

Hi

There are a lot of options in the market...based on the impedance and watts output of the amp....choose and decide....check OLX for preowned ones...

Hi

There are a lot of options in the market...based on the impedance and watts output of the amp....choose and decide....check OLX for preowned ones...
Sir, I am new to this "hifi" community. I decided to go with SMSL AD18 Amp. My budget is 25K. Amp will cost 10K. So speaker shuld comes under 15K.

If I were you, I would spend more on speakers than amp. Compared to the amp, speaker influences the listening experience a bit more. Initially get an entry level amp, you can buy a class D no-frills amp between 1K-3K. When you have funds, get something like AD18 or better. About speakers I agree with the other replies, go with BA 25 / BA 26, also look at Mission LX / MX, Wharefdale etc. Do not take a hasty decision on speakers, take your time and if possible audition before you decide.

I agree with bobbyprajan.

Try Allo Volt+ amp which costs around 5k. Its an excellent Class D and available easily in India. Spend 15k for bookshelf like Boston Acoustics A26 (Dayton Audio B652 Air is good too). Spend remaining 5k for nice speaker stands (get it done by local carpenter). You will not regret your purchase.

https://diyaudiocart.com/ALLO-Voltplus-Amp-Stepped-Attenuator?search=allo volt

I agree with bobbyprajan.

Try Allo Volt+ amp which costs around 5k. Its an excellent Class D and available easily in India. Spend 15k for bookshelf like Boston Acoustics A26 (Dayton Audio B652 Air is good too). Spend remaining 5k for nice speaker stands (get it done by local carpenter). You will not regret your purchase.

https://diyaudiocart.com/ALLO-Voltplus-Amp-Stepped-Attenuator?search=allo volt
Can you share your thoughts on Boston Acoustics A26 and Dayton Audio B652 Air ?

I've checked that.it is sad his unit got some issue but finally he somehow manage to return the item.

If getting SMSL AD18 have second thought about the above user experience - I like to suggest to make even more open system which is SMSL SA-98E Speaker Amp (160 watt @ 4ohm with 10% THD) + SMSL Sanskrit 6th Gen for the DAC connected via Amazon Basic RCA cable - Only downside is the lack of Bluetooth, If the inbuilt BT is required then choose SMSL Sanskrit Pro-B which comes with Audiofile favourite AKM4490 velvet sound DAC which translate to cost double of the Sanskrit 6th Gen DAC as well increase the budget but it indeed a solid system.

Though you need to sacrifice the headphone amp and remote though....it will not a big deal if you are speaker person rather headphone person.

Last edited:
If getting SMSL AD18 have second thought about the above user experience - I like to suggest to make even more open system which is SMSL SA-98E Speaker Amp (160 watt @ 4ohm with 10% THD) + SMSL Sanskrit 6th Gen for the DAC connected via Amazon Basic RCA cable - Only downside is the lack of Bluetooth, If the inbuilt BT is required then choose SMSL Sanskrit Pro-B which comes with Audiofile favourite AKM4490 velvet sound DAC which translate to cost double of the Sanskrit 6th Gen DAC as well increase the budget but it indeed a solid system.

Though you need to sacrifice the headphone amp and remote though....it will not a big deal if you are speaker person rather headphone person.

Thanks for the replay, To me the SMSL AD18 is perfectly fit Amp. Because I can connect my BluRay Player via Coaxil and my LED TV via RCA and My PC via Optical!. I am not concerned about Bluetooth because I have Logitch Bluetooth adapter. But in AD18 it’s a nice addition. I am more concerned about whether the AD18 can drive my Polk S20 without any struggle. I’ve watched some videos on YouTube that 5he are saying “the Amp should have atleast 50% more powerful than the speaker for smooth play”. I’ve come across the SMSL SA98E model, but it lacks some features that I am looking for. I need to adjust the bass and treble as per my liking which adjustments are not present in SA98. And it has only one input option. So I’m sticking with AD18. I’ve read your YouTube replay and assuming this AD18 will drive the PolkS20 without any issues. I am planning to buying it from AliExpress. I’ve never purchased a thing from them. So is there anything that I can concerned about the purchase?. One more thing that I wanted to ask you about is is there any Import/ customs fee involved ? Please clarify all the doubts that I have. I really appreciate your help

Hi, I am looking for a good pair of Passive speakers that comes under 10K budget. I have Dayton Audio B652 Air in mind. which is comes around 12K. what is your suggestions ?. I have to hook it up with SMSL AD18 Amp.

Check out Pioneer SP-BS22, slightly streches your budget, but, feel, well worth it. I have the floorstanders from this series, FS52s and I'm extremely satisfied with them.

The best most cost-effective way to bring these products here in India is listed below. Please follow the shipping method for fast safe and secure delivery without getting any hassle or extra charges, I mean no charges at all, similar to domestic shipment - (Issued For Public Interest).

SMSL AD18 Gen-2 - From here - Shipping Method - India Direct Mail (Very Very Important)

SMSL SMSL SA - 98E - From here - Shipping Method - Priority Line (Very Very Important)
SMSL Sanskrit 6th Gen - From Here - Shipping Method - Priority Line (Very Very Important)
SMSL Sanskrit Pro B - From Here - Shipping Method - India Direct Mail (Very Very Important)

The best most cost-effective way to bring these products here in India is listed below. Please follow the shipping method for fast safe and secure delivery without getting any hassle or extra charges, I mean no charges at all, similar to domestic shipment - (Issued For Public Interest).

SMSL AD18 Gen-2 - From here - Shipping Method - India Direct Mail (Very Very Important)

SMSL SMSL SA - 98E - From here - Shipping Method - Priority Line (Very Very Important)
SMSL Sanskrit 6th Gen - From Here - Shipping Method - Priority Line (Very Very Important)
SMSL Sanskrit Pro B - From Here - Shipping Method - India Direct Mail (Very Very Important)

The first likn SMSL AD18 got Sub out ?. In the site(Banggood) the image showing nothing abt the sub out ? please clarify! And it doesn't say anything about warranty ?.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back