Best screen for Epson 3D 1080P Home Cinema 3010 in Delhi

maverick22

Hi friends

long time reader, first time poster.

Need some advice on best screen available in Delhi for Epson Home Cinema 3010 1080P 3D Projector and where it can be procured.

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 3010 1080p 3LCD Projector - Product Information - Epson America, Inc.

I mainly intend to use it for watching 2D/3D movies, occasional TV viewing and gaming.

I would prefer a motorised screen (preferable without remote) and my budget is around 15-18K.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hi
Bumping up this thread as I have similar requirements in Delhi - need to buy a projector screen too (manual pull down/motorized can consider both options), along with leads on reliable installation services for both projector and screen. Maverick bro, if you find some leads do share it with me

so I had Mr. Chirag visit today. He quoted me Rs.31000 for a Grandview 120" 16:9 motorized screen and about Rs.24500 for ceiling mount + 1xKramer 50ft HDMI cable, 1x50ft power cord, 1xvideo cable + Installation.

He said the HDMI cable can be substituted as follows to bring down the cost-
1. Kramer cable 50ft - 15000 (included in original estimate above)
2. Profi Gold - 9500
3. Liberty Cable 50ft - 6000

He was quite insistent on the HDMI cable and said cheaper ones will not work at 50ft @ 1080p 3D.

Need some advice regarding the above, preferably some cheaper alternatives for procuring the screen and hdmi cable :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:

That seems perfect. Thanks :clapping:

Found a dealer selling Grandview 120" for Rs. 25500. Hope to negotiate and buy soon.

so I had Mr. Chirag visit today. He quoted me Rs.31000 for a Grandview 120" 16:9 motorized screen and about Rs.24500 for ceiling mount + 1xKramer 50ft HDMI cable, 1x50ft power cord, 1xvideo cable + Installation.

He said the HDMI cable can be substituted as follows to bring down the cost-
1. Kramer cable 50ft - 15000 (included in original estimate above)
2. Profi Gold - 9500
3. Liberty Cable 50ft - 6000

He was quite insistent on the HDMI cable and said cheaper ones will not work at 50ft @ 1080p 3D.

Need some advice regarding the above, preferably some cheaper alternatives for procuring the screen and hdmi cable :eek:hyeah:

So correct me if my understanding is wrong. The screen itself is costing around 12k for motorized. Screen and 8k for ceiling mount.

So correct me if my understanding is wrong. The screen itself is costing around 12k for motorized. Screen and 8k for ceiling mount.

The break up of quote given to me by Mr. Chirag is as follows -

1. Grandview 120" 16:9 Motorized = Rs. 31000
2. Kramer/ Profi Gold/ Liberty (15mts. HDMI Cable) = Rs. 15000/ 9500/ 6000 respectively
3. 1xVideo Cable(15mts) +1xpower cable(15mts) + Ceiling mount + Installation = Rs. 8000

So the the total would come to (eg. if I choose Liberty HDMI) = 31000+6000+8000 = Rs. 45000

I have found another dealer offering the grandview for Rs. 25500 so that would help bring down the cost and am going in for the MX wire as suggested above for Rs. 4100.

So the new estimate should be as follows -

1. Grandview 120" 16:9 Motorized = Rs. 25500
2. MX 15mts 22AWG HDMI = Rs. 4100
3. Power cable+Ceiling Stand+Installation = Rs. 8000

Total = Rs. 37600

Don't see any real way of bringing down the cost further without compromising quality or sacrificing the motorized screen for an unmotorized one.

Still open to suggestions as the dealer is coming to my pace today evening to finalise.

Thanks for the help guys :)

Final Damage -

1. Liberty Grandview 120" 16:9 Screen with NICE Tubular Motor (5yr warranty) = Rs. 25000
2. MX HDMI Cable 15mts. 22 AWG 1.4V = Rs. 4200
3. Liberty Ceiling Stand (Aluminium) = Rs. 1500
4. Power Cable 15mts. = Rs. 500
5. Component Video Cable (for connecting old school gadgets) = Rs. 750
6. Installation = Rs. 1500

Grand Total = Rs. 33450

Will get all the items delivered by tomorrow and installed on Wednesday.

Shall post pictures of the final outcome.

How about the projector price ?
From where did you get it ?

And how many life hours for those screens ?

Thanks for the help guys :)

Final Damage -

1. Liberty Grandview 120" 16:9 Screen with NICE Tubular Motor (5yr warranty) = Rs. 25000
2. MX HDMI Cable 15mts. 22 AWG 1.4V = Rs. 4200
3. Liberty Ceiling Stand (Aluminium) = Rs. 1500
4. Power Cable 15mts. = Rs. 500
5. Component Video Cable (for connecting old school gadgets) = Rs. 750
6. Installation = Rs. 1500

Grand Total = Rs. 33450

Will get all the items delivered by tomorrow and installed on Wednesday.

Shall post pictures of the final outcome.

How about the projector price ?
From where did you get it ?

And how many life hours for those screens ?

I got the projector from USA around 6 months back for approx. Rs. 75000 including 4x 3D Epson active shutter glasses.

Turns out the same projector is now available for Rs. 75000 + VAT in India.

Not sure about the life hours of the screen, I went for them as I have read good reviews in this forum as well as others for Grandview screens.

I got the projector from USA around 6 months back for approx. Rs. 75000 including 4x 3D Epson active shutter glasses.

Turns out the same projector is now available for Rs. 75000 + VAT in India.

Not sure about the life hours of the screen, I went for them as I have read good reviews in this forum as well as others for Grandview screens.

I am pretty sure the price of the Epson 3010 in India is around 1 lac+ vat... That too with only 2 3D glasses... If u know a source in India which will sell @ 75k+ Vat pls do share with us...

PS I recently visited Pioneer screens in Mumbai... They make their own brand screens(Pioneer & also 1 more brand)... They also deal in Grandview... According to the price list they gave me Grandview motorized screens come with diff moters & the price varies according to the motor present in the screen... The 120inch varied from 21k-25k depending on the motor.... The best motor type was made in Germany with a name starting with B & had a 5 yr warranty...

I am pretty sure the price of the Epson 3010 in India is around 1 lac+ vat... That too with only 2 3D glasses... If u know a source in India which will sell @ 75k+ Vat pls do share with us...

PS I recently visited Pioneer screens in Mumbai... They make their own brand screens(Pioneer & also 1 more brand)... They also deal in Grandview... According to the price list they gave me Grandview motorized screens come with diff moters & the price varies according to the motor present in the screen... The 120inch varied from 21k-25k depending on the motor.... The best motor type was made in Germany with a name starting with B & had a 5 yr warranty...

Yes I know the price varies according to motors. He quoted me 22k for the screen if I opted for the NICE Synchronous motor with a 1yr warranty. The screen with the NICE tubular motor with a 5 yr warranty was 3k extra at Rs. 25000. I have opted for the latter one.

I shall share the contact details of the dealer tomorrow as his business card is in my office.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back