Can we watch 3d movies in home theatre with Epson EH TW9400 projector?

suryacheed

1. Can we use any generic 3d glasses or specific epson glasses?
2. My current plan is to have apple tv pro for all streaming and no disk reader as I have huge collection of 7.1 bluray content from torrents on ssd. Can I stream 3d movies from streaming services (very very limited collection) and home sharing from my mac? Or do I need to have 3d bluray disk player and 3d disks?
3. Don't think so but just making sure. Is there any setting in projector to convert 2d movies (streaming/bluray/homesharing ssd) to 3d on the fly and watch them in 3d with glasses? Or 3d in itself is a format of the content and can't do 3d->2d or 2d->3d locally.
4. We only have to look at projector if it's capable of showing 3d content right? Or do I have to check compatibility of AVR or any other components? HDMI cables are pretty pricey with 2.1 channel it seems. Do I need to look for compatibility in cables too?

Update: Based on my research till now, I realised, 3d is such a frowned upon thing and people kinda hate it when someone new talks about 3d. 😂 But I liked 3d movies (avatar and random movies which came even before avatar) when I was a kid. Although all the 3d movies I watched last 5 years were kinda meh. Not sure if I just grew up or movie makers not making good 3d movies. 😅

Update 2: Looks like for passive 3d, we need to have 2 projector setup and a silver screen with 2.0 gain. For active, this projector works but need to have active glasses costing like 5k per pair.

Last edited:
1. Can we use any generic 3d glasses or specific epson glasses?
2. My current plan is to have apple tv pro for all streaming and no disk reader as I have huge collection of 7.1 bluray content from torrents on ssd. Can I stream 3d movies from streaming services (very very limited collection) and home sharing from my mac? Or do I need to have 3d bluray disk player and 3d disks?
3. Don't think so but just making sure. Is there any setting in projector to convert 2d movies (streaming/bluray/homesharing ssd) to 3d on the fly and watch them in 3d with glasses? Or 3d in itself is a format of the content and can't do 3d->2d or 2d->3d locally.
4. We only have to look at projector if it's capable of showing 3d content right? Or do I have to check compatibility of AVR or any other components? HDMI cables are pretty pricey with 2.1 channel it seems. Do I need to look for compatibility in cables too?
3d tv is almost a separate ecosystem. so, you may have to run a full trajectory from the source of material to your Eye glasses . Any mismatch in between will break the 3d experience.

for me, the only gripe is they are just not bright enough to enjoy - including when using active glasses. since then I have used 2d only though the media is a 3d and works.

now, I don't even care for 3d. It was just a passing phase.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back