best speaker and amp for car???

manu4panjab

hey brothers

as i'm also now upgrading my car music system need some advise which are good value for money

my old ones are sony explode and they are now 4 years old so need new speakers

and also is there anybody who uses speakers on bike too i'm just asking this because today i have saw it on discovery channel programme related to traveling in which a man also have klipsch speakers on his harley davidson bike

Mypics797.jpg

here's for magma

hey bro what is the meaning of plain jane i don't understand please don't mind and right now for past 5 years i have tata indigo ( in couple of months buying honda cr-v):)

and for budget any mmmm medium budget

Last edited:
as shuv has said
we firt require your budget,type of musci

you said car was tata indigo correct?

well then specify above points
For this car there is also one other question

the indigo has stock provisions on the dash board for the front speakers correct?

now my question is
do you want to keep the speakers in the stock location or do you want to fit them in the front doors
Note: if you want to fit them in the fron t doors modifications in the door panel will have to be done
may be some cutting and fibreglassing too.
Are you ready for that or do you want to put speakers in the dash location as they are right now?

P.S and Shuv , stop scaring him
decent ICE can be done in 20k too.....

Buttt, magma, he did say 'medium' budget :) + the setup might soon move to a cr-v. 50K tow minimum banta hay !!

Buttt, magma, he did say 'medium' budget :) + the setup might soon move to a cr-v. 50K tow minimum banta hay !!

arreyyy
correct correct :)

man if he really wants to move that setup to a CRV hell have to modify his doors.
no way i can recommend him 4 inchers for the front now

unless hes cool with letting some money go for the fronts

um, the indigo has options for mounting speakers in the dash and the door. the dash takes 4" ers, and the door takes 5" ers, and 6"ers if you use a spacer ring.

you will have to damp the doors though. the door panels rattle like crazy - I'm speaking from experience :D

arreyyy
correct correct :)

man if he really wants to move that setup to a CRV hell have to modify his doors.
no way i can recommend him 4 inchers for the front now

unless hes cool with letting some money go for the fronts

Minimum 6.5 inches for a sedan or CRV type vehicle. Anything less would not make much for an experience.

if there is a stock location in the front door for 6 inchers then go for it.
if greenhorn says the provsision is there it most probably is
check it out

if theres no provision be ready for some modifications cutting shuttin.

Actually
Manu if you dont wanna reuse your speakers in the CRV and you want a subwoofer in the ndigo i would actually suggest something that others may not agree.
i would suggest using 4inch speakers on the DASH
i find the imaging with this location is superior to the door location.

the stock provision is for 5 inchers. I personally use 5"ers , because 6" were not available at that time.

6" will need some cutting , and will not retain the stock look.
[nop****]http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sound-off-show-off/37515-indica-illusionized.html[/nop****] - check this link to see what it looks like

brothers brothers

my budget will be 30 to 50 thousand and i basically listen to english hip hop and rnb songs

so suggest which should i do and also for honda crv i want speakers for same budget as describe above

do you want to buy a single setup for your indigo which you will later move to your CRV, or you want two setups, one for the indigo, and one for the CRV within this budget ?

what is the budget only for the indigo?

Also do you drive mostly or have a driver
Also would you like a seperate Subwoofer in the boot or no?

For hip hop and R&B i would go ground zero all the way

for the indigo, I suggest 5" components in the front, 5" coax in the back, a bass tube ( yes I know they sound worse than boxed subs, but this being a sedan, and him liking hip hop, should be acceptable)

a 2 channel amp for the bass tube, or a 4 channel if you want to amp the front speakers as well.

A head unit with the the number of pre outs depending on how many channels you plan to amp.

not recommending any specific brands. listen to all of them , and choose what you like. Similarly no idea about the CRV, so not commenting on it

where do you plan to get this done

Hey! You seem to be on spending spree, good for you:clapping:

Since you've made your taste,budget clear & since you like bass big time i guess you should be looking for ground zero, jbl or may be even Image dynamics for speakers. As for the amps i can only think of JBL.

You can ask magma to get u in touch with LBM, he is supposed to be a spl guru for car audio.

All the best
Cheers

Last edited:
50K for both cars?? 60 karo na :)

Ok.

Indigo:
4" front speakers - 2K
6x9" rear speakers - 3K
Head Unit - 7K
Subwoofer + box - 5K
4 channel amp - 8K
Wiring/Install - 2K
Total = 27K

CR-V
6" front components - 6K
6x9" rear speakers - 3K
Head Unit - 7K
Subwoofer + box - 5K
4 channel amp - 10K
Wiring/Install - 3K
Total = 34K

Consider JBL/Blaupunkt for speakers/amp. And Pioneer for Head Unit.

Butttt .. I read in another thread that you love bass and are planning to add some more sub-woofers in your HT setup. So my prediction is, you'll probably end up spending more than what I've mentioned above :D

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back