Best speaker package under 20k

hauntedhunter

Hi,

Please suggest me a good speaker package under 20k ( For 2 front +2 surround + 1 center ).

I looked into Jamo S 406 HCS speaker package . How are these ?

( I plan to use them with Onkyo 304E receiver and mostly for DVD movies and classic rock music )

Please suggest.

Thanks

pretty decent....i've listened to them with a variety of material ranging from UFO to The Who to Rush to Dream Theater, and they've done a competent job. I haven't tried them with movie soundtracks. They are not audiophile grade, but the sound is warm and has a fair bit of thump.....plus it has the looks of "serious" speakers :)..... all in all, for 17k (which is they price for which they are selling it on futurebazaar) you'd be hard pressed to get a better 5 speakers setup for this price.

Of course you could increase your budget and go for a pair of high quality speakers, and then expand your system slowly.

Hi

If you decide to go for JAMO S406 set, then shop at Reliance Digital, they offer less than 15k.
by the way, i tried also to find a better speaker set and could not find anything better than JAMO S406 upto 30K for 5 speaker set.
worth looking at is speaker's launched by Pioneer, i dont remember the model name but you can find them at display at Pioneer shops and dont try to find info on net, nothing available. they are just launching it availability will be after a month
they offer 5.1 ( 12" SUB :)) for 18K and 22K.

Pioneer is not really a speaker manufacturer, and I doubt their speakers would be any better than something from Sony or Samsung. I do not imagine this would sound better than the Jamo 406 HCS package. Do listen to them of course, and then decide. But 15k sounds like a steal for the 406 package.

Hi

If you decide to go for JAMO S406 set, then shop at Reliance Digital, they offer less than 15k.
by the way, i tried also to find a better speaker set and could not find anything better than JAMO S406 upto 30K for 5 speaker set.
worth looking at is speaker's launched by Pioneer, i dont remember the model name but you can find them at display at Pioneer shops and dont try to find info on net, nothing available. they are just launching it availability will be after a month
they offer 5.1 ( 12" SUB :)) for 18K and 22K.

Please let me know if anyone finds out about the Pioneer model number?

But this includes a DVD player. I am looking for pure 5.1 speaker system only. NO receiver. No player.

I cant say whether it will be the BEST package under 20K, but do visit your nearest Croma and check their DCE offer out.
Extremely impressive looking speakers - they are selling it for 20K.
I know there must be some catch somewhere but I couldnt find anything out of place - go check them out and see if they suit you ...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back