Best stereo setup for ~1 Lakh to be connected to TV

abhi09

Budget ~ 1Lakh
Use: Video games and tv shows + movies (No need for music, will listen to it on my headphones)
Sub: Will attach a sub later (My heart's set on the PB 1000 pro)

Would prefer connecting through the TV's optical out(makes more sense, right?)

Would need speakers + amp/ AVR

Budget ~ 1Lakh
Use: Video games and tv shows + movies (No need for music, will listen to it on my headphones)
Sub: Will attach a sub later (My heart's set on the PB 1000 pro)

Would prefer connecting through the TV's optical out(makes more sense, right?)

Would need speakers + amp/ AVR

I think you should go for a 5.1 setup , that would be better for games & movies alike since you are not going to be listening to music at all. Go with a taga harmony 606/506 5.0 speaker setup (i hope there is space to host floorstanders) , AVR like Denon X1400/1600H and subwoofer (Polk HTS 10/12, BIC America PL-200 ii).. If you cannot host a floorstander/bookshelf you can look at satellites like 5.0 like Polk TL-1600 and so forth.

If stereo is a must as suggested above go for active setups from Klipsch, KEF or Sonodyne. Go for a setup with good bass response or add a subwoofer later , as that will be important to enjoy games and movies

Suggets look at stereo receivers which are meant to be used along with TVs.

Two options are :

Denon DRA800H

Marantz NR1200

Speakers - you are spoilt for choice.

I would pick Q Acoustic 3030i :

Remember to buy good stands.

You can add a sub later.

I think you should go for a 5.1 setup , that would be better for games & movies alike since you are not going to be listening to music at all. Go with a taga harmony 606/506 5.0 speaker setup (i hope there is space to host floorstanders) , AVR like Denon X1400/1600H and subwoofer (Polk HTS 10/12, BIC America PL-200 ii).. If you cannot host a floorstander/bookshelf you can look at satellites like 5.0 like Polk TL-1600 and so forth.

If stereo is a must as suggested above go for active setups from Klipsch, KEF or Sonodyne. Go for a setup with good bass response or add a subwoofer later , as that will be important to enjoy games and movies
If I go for an active setup, how will I add other passive speakers later. Is it easy to do so?
Suggets look at stereo receivers which are meant to be used along with TVs.

Two options are :

Denon DRA800H

Marantz NR1200

Speakers - you are spoilt for choice.

I would pick Q Acoustic 3030i :

Remember to buy good stands.

You can add a sub later.
I'm looking to get Tower speakers as they sounded better to me. But audition time isn't sufficient for me. I was thinking the flexibility of 5.1 is also beneficial?
QA Acoustics 3050i + Marantz NR1200.
Gaming is excellent on these.
I haven't had a chance to hear them. How would you compare them to the Wharfedale 12.3 or the Oberon 5's?

Do you have the space and room size for a proper 5.1 setup?

Or you can start with floorstanders + avr. Add more speakers and sub later.

HDMI will be preferable output option both for movies and games.

Do you have the space and room size for a proper 5.1 setup?

Or you can start with floorstanders + avr. Add more speakers and sub later.

HDMI will be preferable output option both for movies and games.
I have a small 14x12 room. That's exactly what I am thinking. Starting with floorstanders + avr and then proceed.

I was thinking of getting optical out from tv to amp. Especially because I've read all the AVR's have issues with Hdmi 2.1 and since I have a PS5 that's a deal breaker.

I was thinking of getting optical out from tv to amp. Especially because I've read all the AVR's have issues with Hdmi 2.1 and since I have a PS5 that's a deal breaker.
That's a really complicated way to connect a console. Just plug the console into the AVR.. Job done.

3050i are much cheaper than the Oberon 5 I believe & would work well for movies & games alike. Unless you intend to use the setup for stereo listening spending more on the speaker setup will yield very less benefits. If music is not at all intended to be listened on the setup, you can settle with Taga Harmony 5.0 and an AVR as well.

Would agree with all of the above :
- Dali > QA > WD
- However, for your budget and intended purpose, QA is best suited (and cheaper)
- QAs are really good, and very enjoyable speakers
- Simplest to connect is via HDMI ARC rather than Optical. That way, you can see the receivers menu onscreen
- Go for a 2.0 setup for now. You ca add a sub later
- For a 1 lakh budget you will get a far better 2.0 setup, than a 5.1

First option can be the Q acoustics 3050i and Marantz PM6006 combination. For AV setup, instead of PM series amplifier, get a Marantz receiver of your choice. However, please do understand that receiver's stereo sound quality can not match the amp's in the similar price range, however you get more flexibility in case you want to expand /upgrade your system. Streaming capability is not that important for you, because you can do that from your tv also. In your smart tv /Amazon Fire Tv, install spotify app and take the feed out through your optical in amp or thru ARC HDMI in receiver. Another option is to get the Sony N9200 home theatre. This unit is seriously capable of keeping its stand against any other 5.1 setup under 1 lakh. You get very nicely integrated wireless (partially) speakers here and a subwoofer with 4k+3d blu ray player also in 50-55k. But, what I like about this unit is how well it reproduces stereo. In my opinion, for your needs, this is the best bet. No hastle of continuous matching of new components, one shot you can test it anywhere nearby you and enjoy for a long time.

That's a really complicated way to connect a console. Just plug the console into the AVR.. Job done.
It is but almost all of the AVR's have issues with HDMI 2.1. That's why the workaround. I can also use HDMI eARC

Dali> QA> WD
YMMV.
However all of them pair well with Marantz.
Thanks. Looks like I'll go for the Dali
3050i are much cheaper than the Oberon 5 I believe & would work well for movies & games alike. Unless you intend to use the setup for stereo listening spending more on the speaker setup will yield very less benefits. If music is not at all intended to be listened on the setup, you can settle with Taga Harmony 5.0 and an AVR as well.
Yeah they're cheap by about 10-15k I think, but at that budget I think I'll go #yolo if the Dali's are noticeably better. I haven't gotten a chance to audition the QA's so that's that.

First option can be the Q acoustics 3050i and Marantz PM6006 combination. For AV setup, instead of PM series amplifier, get a Marantz receiver of your choice. However, please do understand that receiver's stereo sound quality can not match the amp's in the similar price range, however you get more flexibility in case you want to expand /upgrade your system. Streaming capability is not that important for you, because you can do that from your tv also. In your smart tv /Amazon Fire Tv, install spotify app and take the feed out through your optical in amp or thru ARC HDMI in receiver. Another option is to get the Sony N9200 home theatre. This unit is seriously capable of keeping its stand against any other 5.1 setup under 1 lakh. You get very nicely integrated wireless (partially) speakers here and a subwoofer with 4k+3d blu ray player also in 50-55k. But, what I like about this unit is how well it reproduces stereo. In my opinion, for your needs, this is the best bet. No hastle of continuous matching of new components, one shot you can test it anywhere nearby you and enjoy for a long time.
I get your point. At that point I don't want to close myself to the option of getting a 5.1

I can slowly build the system over time too. Are the Sony's really great? I feel bad for not even considering them, and they look like a steal. However I don't need a Bluray player as I already have a game console capable of doing that.

It is but almost all of the AVR's have issues with HDMI 2.1. That's why the workaround. I can also use HDMI eARC

Thanks. Looks like I'll go for the Dali

Yeah they're cheap by about 10-15k I think, but at that budget I think I'll go #yolo if the Dali's are noticeably better. I haven't gotten a chance to audition the QA's so that's that.

I get your point. At that point I don't want to close myself to the option of getting a 5.1

I can slowly build the system over time too. Are the Sony's really great? I feel bad for not even considering them, and they look like a steal. However I don't need a Bluray player as I already have a game console capable of doing that.

The selling for QA 3050i is about 60k-62k , if the Oberon 5 can be had for 70k and thereabouts go for it. Noticeably better factor would come only when you audition stuff, i have not heard the Oberon 5 but have listened to their Zensor 3 bookshelfs and I found the Concept 20 from QAcoustics better so what is better is very individual/ demo room setup specific

My view - the Dalis will sound better only when paired with the right amp.
To really outshine the QA , you will need a high quality stereo amp.

Building a good system within a budget, is all about balance.
Finding components that match well, and are at suitable price points.

Hence everyone is reccomending QA 3050i speakers and Marantz NR1200 stereo receiver.
Its a really good combo at good price.

For the next step up, in my view , you have to double your budget.
For example - Dali Oberon 5s + Marantz PM7000N amp.
Thats going to cost you Rs 2 lacs.

Just my 2 paisa...

The selling for QA 3050i is about 60k-62k , if the Oberon 5 can be had for 70k and thereabouts go for it. Noticeably better factor would come only when you audition stuff, i have not heard the Oberon 5 but have listened to their Zensor 3 bookshelfs and I found the Concept 20 from QAcoustics better so what is better is very individual/ demo room setup specific
Yeah, personally I find an audition of 30 minutes to not be sufficient :(

My view - the Dalis will sound better only when paired with the right amp.
To really outshine the QA , you will need a high quality stereo amp.

Building a good system within a budget, is all about balance.
Finding components that match well, and are at suitable price points.

Hence everyone is reccomending QA 3050i speakers and Marantz NR1200 stereo receiver.
Its a really good combo at good price.

For the next step up, in my view , you have to double your budget.
For example - Dali Oberon 5s + Marantz PM7000N amp.
Thats going to cost you Rs 2 lacs.

Just my 2 paisa...
Do you think a Marantz 5015 to be sufficient for the Oberon's?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back