Best Tweak you have done to your Setup

This is the most common tweak even the company writes in its manual...but i guess people may forget doing this.... changing left & right polarity...of HF, LF cable make the speaker vibrate in opposite direction.... every time i change i hear it improved...change them to normal & sometimes opposite...

Can you clarify this ? Somehow I could not understand it.

I think he means connecting the speakers with reverse polarity.
Have not heard of it before as a tweak that improves the sound though.

This is used many a times in car audio
Does wonders

In fact many head units offer the sub reversal

This is used many a times in car audio
Does wonders

In fact many head units offer the sub reversal

Ali, care to elaborate what it does to improve the sound. How is it done?
Do I just reverse the connections on my speaker posts for some time and then switch back?

Amongst the best tweaks that I have experienced in my set up are:

1. Slowly, meticulously treating the room a little by little... (don't want to over treat it...)
2. Clean all contacts every 6 months to a year!
3. Running the set-up on a dedicated line (from the mains box >> Emerson Liebert >> dedicated lines connecting to only the sockets that power the gear. (Note: all electric wires are heavy gauge, Lapp Cable-- this is a german cable used by many studios...)

Amongst the best tweaks that I have experienced in my set up are:

1. Slowly, meticulously treating the room a little by little... (don't want to over treat it...)
2. Clean all contacts every 6 months to a year!
3. Running the set-up on a dedicated line (from the mains box >> Emerson Liebert >> dedicated lines connecting to only the sockets that power the gear. (Note: all electric wires are heavy gauge, Lapp Cable-- this is a german cable used by many studios...)

The dedicated power line is huge! Sadly most newcomers will do it last rather than as a first step.
To me this was the equivalent of a full component upgrade.

1 cm rosewood cubes on glass panels in the room. Improves mid bass and reduces high frequency ringing. Costs Rs 3 per cube. Need to use only 1 cube per window pane.

The ASI acoustic system resonators also work but they are expensive. So will keep it out of the discussion

I had not understood it at all. Please explain it to me (with photographs if you can).
Thanks for the coming explanation.

The dedicated power line is huge! Sadly most newcomers will do it last rather than as a first step.
To me this was the equivalent of a full component upgrade.

That's so true Nikhil... most people ignore the very basics and then go on a mad chase of upgrades....

Sumanta, interesting blogs you have there.... keep it up!

Can u PM me your number... would love to discuss photography!

Just got myself new speaker spikes made locally based on an existing design.
My PSB speakers came with two spikes - points and rubber coated rounds.

Have to say the DIY spikes are making a huge difference to the sound. Bass transients are much more tighter than before. The over all sound has more definition with a bit more air. Sound stage has opened up as well.

Have to give credit here to a forum member who showed me a concept. Fortunately was able to work with a local machinist who fabricated the spikes for me. I'm pretty happy considering I completely "eye-balled" the dimensions on the spikes. They've turned out looking pretty good on the speakers as well.

Last edited:
Wow, mods are sure touchy about some of the tweaks done.

I thought mods were supposed to be impartial and not impose their own views. I guess another post deletion is in order. :D

I thought mods were supposed to be impartial and not impose their own views. I guess another post deletion is in order.

Its hard to believe that someone so much against the so called "black magic" and "snake oil" will be genuinely resorting to magic to get rid of black magic..

Tell me, was your post anything other than a way of stirring up flames or poking fun at the posters in this thread whose posts, according to YOU, are useless black magic? If not, your post was not a "tweak" but was a "sneer".
If the intention of your post was nothing other than ridiculing the posters, and not contribute to the subject of the thread.. then there was nothing wrong in deleting it.

If these tweaks dont interest you fine, read and move on. This thread is not for utter-smart guys who love to diabolically poke fun at other people's experience and ideas just because they think themselves too smart for those things. There are people who are not happy with just the average. Staying average doesnt take too much of an effort. It is going the last mile which takes the real effort.. much more than everything before it.

Last edited:
Its hard to believe that someone so much against the so called "black magic" and "snake oil" will be genuinely resorting to magic to get rid of black magic..
My friend, to be against "black magic", you have to believe that there is something like black magic. Oh, and where did I say that tweaks in this thread are black magic? What makes you think the tweaks are black magic and snake oil?
Tell me, was your post anything other than a way of stirring up flames or poking fun at the posters in this thread whose posts, according to YOU, are useless black magic? If not, your post was not a "tweak" but was a "sneer".
If the intention of your post was nothing other than ridiculing the posters, and not contribute to the subject of the thread.. then there was nothing wrong in deleting it.
What makes you think my post was poking fun? I thought this thread was about telling people what mods they did and how it improved. For all the time, even though my system is an humble, average one, I prayed that my system should not get any crashes or something else (touchwood) and it has worked so far. That's what my post meant. Why somebody should feel offended into what I believe in? If someone is believing in some tweaks, so do I. I didn't question anyone else's belief in that post.
If these tweaks dont interest you fine, read and move on. This thread is not for utter-smart guys who love to diabolically poke fun at other people's experience and ideas just because they think themselves too smart for those things. There are people who are not happy with just the average. Staying average doesnt take too much of an effort. It is going the last mile which takes the real effort.. much more than everything before it.

Just for the record, I love to be average. I am not the super-smart type, so can't understand many of the things people talk about.

Again, this is an open thread and forum. If my tweak don't interest anyone, then fine, read and move. It applies to others as well. Why delete my post? or feel offended. Last I checked the title was post the tweaks. Now, if this thread title was "Absurd Tweak you have done to your setup" then may be my post might come out as offending to others.
Nevertheless, I believe my tweak is as effective as anyone else's tweak and nobody should feel offended by it. Beauty is in the eye of beholder.

More importantly, mod should allow everyone's view. They should not be selective and suppress some viewpoints.

Last edited:

I thought mods were supposed to be impartial and not impose their own views. I guess another post deletion is in order. :D

what is it that you are referring to??

Back