Best Tweak you have done to your Setup

Have to say the DIY spikes are making a huge difference to the sound. Bass transients are much more tighter than before. The over all sound has more definition with a bit more air. Sound stage has opened up as well.

Forgot to add something here. I first used the spikes on the bare floor for some time but found that the sound stage was somewhat "thin" (for lack of a better word). I then used steel pads/buttons below each spike which immediately brought back the meat into the sound stage. The whole stereo image immediately become a lot more fleshed out and much more to my liking.

Note: I've been advised to use another material like brass, copper or wood for the floor buttons.

Last edited:
1 - Speaker placement tweaks
2 - Right kind of isolation / coupling of speakers and stands
3 - Cleaning up the power using a sinewave UPS.
4 - Appropriate cables for the system. Experimentation is key. You will be amazed at what can be achieved.

The most important (and expensive)component in any music system is the room..and this is perhaps the component we most ignore and try to compromise with as well.
this is a good article to read once in a while...if your speaker is not sounding as good as what is is supposed to, maybe it has not been setup right

here is one for small rooms. having personally tried it, can vouch for it
DECWARE - Article about Setting up a Listening Room without Treatments

but please read this first

Last edited:
A carpet for me! It's not something fit for a middle level indian house due to 'dusty' reasons , but despite of some tiring cleaning every month, I find the best tweak I ever made was getting it and convincing my wife why I need that odd looking thing in that room!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back