Best VFM AVR.... ?

zelda

I am in the market for a VFM AVR.I am so confused ...coz I have many options to choose from. My original requirement was a entry level receiver with 5.1 , front USB( which can play music) and HDMI pass through when receiver is off. So I was aiming at Pioneer VSX-329 which was around 20k. But I always wanted Yamaha 3XX series. Never looked at 4X series as it was too expensive for me. I also came to know about Yamaha YHT-299 which is essentially Yamaha 375 + NS-P20 speaker package which I thought is a Great VFM. So I complied all the available options and lowest available prices as given below

1) Pioneer VSX-329 available for 18K from distributor. (great VFM)
2) Yamaha RX-V375 available for 30k from LULU hypermall, Kochin .
3) Yamaha RX-V475 available for 34k from LULU hypermall, Kochin .
4) Yamaha RX-V477 available for 33.4k from Amazon.in
5) Yamaha YHT-299 Package for 34k from dealer.
6) Yamaha RX-V477 offer for around 30k from a FM.

What would be the best option for me?

I would avoid any of the starter Pioneer model of AV receivers. As a long term purchase, it is better to go for a VSX-824.

Another option to your list - Yamaha HTR-3067 (which is the same as RS-V377) available for ~Rs 25K from ProFX MG Road.

I thought that 377 was not available in India. That's the info from the dealers :lol:.

I thought that 377 was not available in India. That's the info from the dealers :lol:.

Yes, 377 is not available with the dealers. Instead they are keeping HTR equivalent. If you are particular about Yamaha, rx-v477 is a good model or wait for the new feature packed RX-V379

My cousin does have a pioneer 329 i thinks its a gud receiver, i personally own a denon x1000. The sound signatures of both the receivers are different though, denon has warmer sound than the pioneer

I am in the market for a VFM AVR.I am so confused ...coz I have many options to choose from. My original requirement was a entry level receiver with 5.1 , front USB( which can play music) and HDMI pass through when receiver is off. So I was aiming at Pioneer VSX-329 which was around 20k. But I always wanted Yamaha 3XX series. Never looked at 4X series as it was too expensive for me. I also came to know about Yamaha YHT-299 which is essentially Yamaha 375 + NS-P20 speaker package which I thought is a Great VFM. So I complied all the available options and lowest available prices as given below

1) Pioneer VSX-329 available for 18K from distributor. (great VFM)
2) Yamaha RX-V375 available for 30k from LULU hypermall, Kochin .
3) Yamaha RX-V475 available for 34k from LULU hypermall, Kochin .
4) Yamaha RX-V477 available for 33.4k from Amazon.in
5) Yamaha YHT-299 Package for 34k from dealer.
6) Yamaha RX-V477 offer for around 30k from a FM.

What would be the best option for me?

My friend got the following quotes from yamaha music square, edapally.
htr 2067- 24000
rxv477- 40,400
rxv 577- 46,700
wait for -79 series to be launched in India.

When chatting with their staff, he mentioned they had demo room at lulu. After that being wind up, their demo pieces are there for sale.

Last edited:
My friend got the following quotes from yamaha music square, edapally.
htr 2067- 24000
rxv477- 40,400
rxv 577- 46,700
wait for -79 series to be launched in India.

When chatting with their staff, he mentioned they had demo room at lulu. After that being wind up, their demo pieces are there for sale.

I got similar quotes from Thompson. However i got a second hand 477 from a forum member.....:yahoo: So the search is over ......For now.Dont know when i will bite the upgrade bug again :indifferent14:

Another option to your list - Yamaha HTR-3067 (which is the same as RS-V377) available for ~Rs 25K from ProFX MG Road.

Out of stock...I checked it. The info from another dealer is that Yamaha HTR-3067 will no longer be available...Yamaha stopped it..:sad:

I got similar quotes from Thompson. However i got a second hand 477 from a forum member.....:yahoo: So the search is over ......For now.Dont know when i will bite the upgrade bug again :indifferent14:

Congrats Zelda on your purchase. Where is your location? Bangalore or kochi or ... What about speakers?

regards
girish:)

Congratulations!

Please post your impression on 477 and BS22 combo.
Is it driving the speakers comfortably?
What volume DB level is needed to get a good sound out from BS22?

Congratulations!

Please post your impression on 477 and BS22 combo.
Is it driving the speakers comfortably?
What volume DB level is needed to get a good sound out from BS22?

I was out of station for a few days and yet to setup the entire system. Also waiting for a Nvidia 750 GPU. I will be using my PC as the source and a new generation GPU was required for audio streaming via HDMI. Let you know my thoughts by this weekend.

I am working in Bangalore. Using pioneer andrew jones speakers... ;)

Hi, will you please advise the sound quality of Pioneer's A J speakers on music and movies. I m also planing to go for floor standing speakers of AJ series.

Hi, will you please advise the sound quality of Pioneer's A J speakers on music and movies. I m also planing to go for floor standing speakers of AJ series.

Excellent performance and great value for money.I will buy the center channel of the same family tomorrow.Currently I an using a denon center channel but not satisfied with the performance. Also planning to buy the Floor standers FS52 soon. :yahoo:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back