Best way to connect cables to HT for output both on projector and TV

vijay116

I am not sure if this is the right place and if this has been addressed before. Here is my scenario.

I own a yamaha yht-299 AV receiver and I have the following input sources.
Videocon d2h
Bluray disc player
Google chromecast

The outputs are
ACER Projector 110"
Micromax 50 inch TV

The HT has only one output. The dilemma is this. How do I connect my systems so that I can see any input on any output as desired and also at the same time be able to listen to the audio on the HT. This should be optional. If need arises, I don't want to switch on HT at all since it consumes a lot of power to use everyday.

Ok these are the scenarios, Play the videocon d2h both on my projector and on TV. When I play on TV, I would like to have the option of listening to the audio on HT.

Play the Bluray player both on projector and TV. Also while I play on TV optionally listen to the audio on HT.

I know I can do these by manually replacing cables when I want but it becomes cumbersome. If some one has already solved this please do advise.

Once you have the input sources connected, you will get the audio out from the speakers.
You need an HDMI switch with two out ports to connect both displays. Connect the AVR HDMI out to the switch in and the displays to the switch out ports.

Amazon.in: hdmi switch 2 out
hdmi switch 2 out | eBay
Hdmi 1 IN TO 2 OUT Splitter Amplifier FOR Dual Display Full HD | eBay
5 Port Hdmi Switch Switcher Selector Splitter HUB BOX Remote 1080P FOR HDTV PS3 | eBay

Your TV has an AV input. What sort of audio out do the d2h and Bd player have? If they have RCA then you might be able to use the TV audio and keep the HT off using an RCA splitter. Better check on this before you buy anything.
3-Way Audio Video AV RCA Switch Selector Box Splitter w: Amazon.in: Electronics

Last edited:
Thanks NatureLover to take out your time and write this. Appreciate your time. Let me try the options you have given and see how it goes.

HDMI switcher seems to your best best. I believe 299 has HDMI standby pass through,it this works with switcher as well would meet all your requirements.

Looks like YHT 299 doesnt have standby passthrough. Any other ideas to make this work apart from using non HDMI connections

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back