Best way to stream Radio Paradise and other stations

Sugar

Hi - I love listening to internet radio specially stations like Radio Paradise that offer Flac and Ultra quality streaming with pretty good curation. I find it a great station to discover new musicians. But I find that I need to use the browser on my Mac mini (connected to a DAC) to play this station - the sound is great but is difficult to control remotely unlike Spotify Connect. Would anyone know of a streaming app for radio stations that can play the same high quality?
Many thanks.

Did you try downloading the Radio paradise app from the app store?
Thanks - sometimes I miss the obvious. Solved the problem partially - it allows me to control streaming devices but not the headless Mac mini as there is no RP app on the App Store for Mac mini - but will continue the R&D...Thanks again.

Zen Dac does its job, I bought it to pair it with my headphones but now its connected to my Yamaha amp as a desktop Dac. The down side with this Dac is that it has got only one input which is USB. So I cannot connect my CD player to it. I wish it had coaxial inputs. The build quality is good, decodes MQA, DSD using the BurBrown Chip ( Which I read somewhere that its better than AKM or ESS based Dacs) I use both WASAPI and ASIO drivers. In my experience the WASAPI sounds better even though iFi recommends the ASIO driver. Sounds little bright, but If I use the headphone out of my Yamaha, it sounds little more neutral ( Yamaha's pure direct mode turned on ).

Zen Dac does its job, I bought it to pair it with my headphones but now its connected to my Yamaha amp as a desktop Dac. The down side with this Dac is that it has got only one input which is USB. So I cannot connect my CD player to it. I wish it had coaxial inputs. The build quality is good, decodes MQA, DSD using the BurBrown Chip ( Which I read somewhere that its better than AKM or ESS based Dacs) I use both WASAPI and ASIO drivers. In my experience the WASAPI sounds better even though iFi recommends the ASIO driver. Sounds little bright, but If I use the headphone out of my Yamaha, it sounds little more neutral ( Yamaha's pure direct mode turned on ).
Trying the ASIO drivers after reading your post.

Radio Paradise has a new stream called Radio 2050. It’s got music interspersed with short interviews and talks on socially relevant topics.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back