Best way to treat room modes??

prateekatasniya

Having 10db peak at 40hz in my bedroom theatre.
Cannot put bass traps. Cannot change subwoofer position.
What's the other cleanest option to rectify this issue?
I have thought of
Parametric EQ( hardware)
PEQ software
Graphic EQ hardware or software.
Which product can do this without affecting the sound much.

Usage- Movies 95% music 5%.
System- active speakers- genelec 2.1
Source- laptop aux output. ( In search of new source)

Where can this Mini DSP be acquired from in India? Is there any other alternative to it?

Anyone used Equalizer APO. This can accept REW filters.

MaSh

If you put minidsp just before the subwoofer after avr/amp it shouldn't affect the high frequencies at all.
My system
Laptop aux out-> subwoofer in-> speakers through the subwoofer output crossed at 85hz.
This is a stereo setup.
If I get a DAC then -- DAC output to subwoofer from subwoofer to speakers.

So complete 20hz to 20khz will be affected.

My system
Laptop aux out-> subwoofer in-> speakers through the subwoofer output crossed at 85hz.
This is a stereo setup.

Hmm with MiniDSP, you can do the crossover in it and then split the signal to the Sub and to the Active Speakers from the MiniDSP itself. No need to send the speaker signal to the Sub and then to the speakers.

MaSh

My system
This is a stereo setup.

OK. Well I'm not sure if minidsp affects clarity in high frequencies. A friend uses minidsp for car audio setup and his setup is just top notch. The sq I revealing. Haven't heard any other setup like his. And a lot of that is due to minidsp and it's dsp capabilities, which also acts as the dac as it is fed by allo signature digital transport.
So may be you should consider minidsp. I myself am highly considering buying one or two units for myself.

Where can this Mini DSP be acquired from in India? Is there any other alternative to it?

Anyone used Equalizer APO. This can accept REW filters.

MaSh
diycartaudio had it listed, no more. Amazon price is almost double. I have used EQ APO but added distortion in my system.

Hi prateek....long time bro :)

Since you are using a laptop as the main play back device. There are loads of play back software with EQ in built. That might be the least intrusive solution possible from a SQ perspective. I wouldn't recommend adding an additional box like a mini dsp just for that. The shorter the chain, the cleaner it will sound.

Hi prateek....long time bro :)

Since you are using a laptop as the main play back device. There are loads of play back software with EQ in built. That might be the least intrusive solution possible from a SQ perspective. I wouldn't recommend adding an additional box like a mini dsp just for that. The shorter the chain, the cleaner it will sound.
Hi.. yeah long time.
I wish to upgrade to a good DAC+ preamp+ EQ.
Got to get everything under a lakh.

But yeah.. trying EQ on laptop before getting one is a good idea.

diycartaudio had it listed, no more. Amazon price is almost double. I have used EQ APO but added distortion in my system.

Hmm yeh its been out of stock since long. Amazon is ridiculous. Wish someone put theirs up on Sale (wishful thinking!!).

MaSh

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back