Better option than Onkyo HT-3500 ??

amit.ishu

Need your advice on Onkyo HT-3500, I am planning to buy it in near future and my budget is around 30-35K. Can you please suggest me a better option than this Onkyo HT-3500.
My requirement is watching movies only and no matter If I put sound on high end, it should be soft and smooth and bass should be felt on chest not on ear.

In that range I've auditioned Onkyo HT-S3700(upgraded 3500) and Yamaha 1810. These are HTiBs.

Onkyo 3700 sound quality is pretty decent. The surrounds were good. Although, I haven't felt the bass that much, maybe because it contains a passive sub. This might differ from person to person. I would suggest you to audition this.

Yamaha 1810 is good for music. Regarding movies, the sound felt a bit dull.

I recommend you to buy separates rather than going in for HTiBs. You may either raise your budget a little higher or slowly build the setup step-by-step by first going for a 2.1 setup and then later making it 5.1

Raghav

In that range I've auditioned Onkyo HT-S3700(upgraded 3500) and Yamaha 1810. These are HTiBs.

Onkyo 3700 sound quality is pretty decent. The surrounds were good. Although, I haven't felt the bass that much, maybe because it contains a passive sub. This might differ from person to person. I would suggest you to audition this.

Yamaha 1810 is good for music. Regarding movies, the sound felt a bit dull.

I recommend you to buy separates rather than going in for HTiBs. You may either raise your budget a little higher or slowly build the setup step-by-step by first going for a 2.1 setup and then later making it 5.1

Raghav

Thanks Raghav....what would you suggest me if I go with separates AVR and speaker and sub woofer (right now budget is 35K for AVR and 2 speaker and subwoofer ). My room size is 12*15 feet and i do not want big speaker but satellite speaker will be good as they are small in size.

As I mentioned in my previous thread I want sound very soothing and punchy bass that felt on chest not on ear..

I guess you might checkout Denon x500, Denon x1000, Pioneer VSX-329, Pioneer VSX-523 AVRs.

I am afraid, I am not the right person to suggest on individual speakers and sub. Sorry.
You might wait for some expert's advice on that. As far as 5.1 speakers are concerned, you might try out BA xs 5.1. They are having very good reviews.

Raghav

Yes Denon X 500 & BA soundware xs 5.1 is having good reviews but u need to increase ur budget approx 22~24 k for AVR & 23~25k for speakers.
If u feel adding later ..u can prefer a AVR with 2 front speakers(Tower type since u r a movie lover) & sub .later u can add Center channel & surround speakers..
But for all this u require patience,interest and greater budget ..

I would also suggest to go for separates.

But if you are tight with budget then Yamaha YHT 2910 is available for 38k, in store as well as on snapdeal.
Other good option in little bit higher budget would be Denon X510bt with BA sound-ware xs 5.1.

Anthem 710 "nothing else sounds" as good in this price range. Also if you need any info you can call the factory and speak directly to a technical person.
Cheers
I have the 700 and a A2 amp front Chanel with PVA 2 amp for sun deck and a energy powered sub. If you have the extra cash paradigm Sub12 or Sub15 would meet or exceed almost everyone's expectations

DHT X 500 is no more available in PROFX.

Polk RM 6750 (better than denon speakers) and Denon X 500 is avialable I believe it's sold for 50k
As both combined.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back