Better picture quality from projector when power supply is from inverter, Why ?

bobby0909

Hi everyone,

I am posting this based on what I have been observing for the last few months. And I just wanted to know what's the reason for it.

Sometimes while watching a movie through my home theatre setup the grid supply goes off and there is a seamless transition to the home inverter setup, kept in UPS mode, without anything getting switched off.

What I have been noticing is that the picture quality from the projector increases quite a bit, very much noticeable, when the power supply is from the home inverter. There is an increase in brightness, sharpness, colour saturation and overall clarity.

Now when the power supply from the grid is restored, the system seamlessly switches back to grid supply and the picture quality from the projector reverts back to the previous state.

The audio quality through the AVR is the same in both the scenarios.

I would like to stress that the grid supply in my area is good without any low or high voltage fluctuation issues.

Now my question is what could be the reason for the projector performing better when the power supply is from the home inverter. Or what should I do to get the same quality from the projector when the power supply is from the grid.

Kindly guide

Hi everyone,

I am posting this based on what I have been observing for the last few months. And I just wanted to know what's the reason for it.

Sometimes while watching a movie through my home theatre setup the grid supply goes off and there is a seamless transition to the home inverter setup, kept in UPS mode, without anything getting switched off.

What I have been noticing is that the picture quality from the projector increases quite a bit, very much noticeable, when the power supply is from the home inverter. There is an increase in brightness, sharpness, colour saturation and overall clarity.

Now when the power supply from the grid is restored, the system seamlessly switches back to grid supply and the picture quality from the projector reverts back to the previous state.

The audio quality through the AVR is the same in both the scenarios.

I would like to stress that the grid supply in my area is good without any low or high voltage fluctuation issues.

Now my question is what could be the reason for the projector performing better when the power supply is from the home inverter. Or what should I do to get the same quality from the projector when the power supply is from the grid.

Kindly guide
Most probably, cleaner AC. What model of inverter is yours?

One theory I can come up is, your line quality, if it has a minor dc element in it, else how the line is distributed which has an equipment bringing in a disturbance. If yours is DLP, this might be showing up considerably.

My projector is Epson Home Cinema 2150 3LCD projector. I have a voltage stabiliser and have surge protectors in the power loop.

I have seen a square wave APC UPS mess up the picture quality of TV and projector but none of my sinewave inverters showed any degradation in picture quality or an improvement.

APC smart 1.5kva(using for av equipment)
Sukam 3.5kva(in storage since my house has community generator backup)
Luminous solar 800va(currently using for benq 4k projector and desktop pc)
Amaron 800va
These were all good.

My picture quality is rock steady no matter if power comes from inverter or DG or from the electrical board.

Attachments

• tenet cap.jpg
    tenet cap.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 33
You should get your line checked for frequency and voltage. These two alone will not help if there is lot of dirty power coming. But get these checked first.

Hi folks,

I got my wiring checked by a local electrician. According to him there are no issues.

Now I have decided to use the power supply from the inverter to the projector & AVR throughout the movie watching time irrespective of whether there is power from the grid or no power from the grid. The electrician has made a separate wiring for this. The subwoofer will be connected to the grid supply only.

Now my question is ..is it a safe practice to adopt.....will it damage the projector..

Kindly guide

Hi folks,

I got my wiring checked by a local electrician. According to him there are no issues.

Now I have decided to use the power supply from the inverter to the projector & AVR throughout the movie watching time irrespective of whether there is power from the grid or no power from the grid. The electrician has made a separate wiring for this. The subwoofer will be connected to the grid supply only.

Now my question is ..is it a safe practice to adopt.....will it damage the projector..

Kindly guide
I don't think anything will happen to the projector if you are running it through pure sinewave UPS as you mentioned. There is also a chance your projector power circuit(SMPS?) is not filtering properly. The only way to easily check that is to try with a borrowed projector or a power conditioner(Furman or equivalent) and see if there is any improvement while using EB power supply. Most of these projectors work on 110v as well as 220volts(just like cellphone chargers) so I don't think it is a low voltage problem.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back