• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Better soundcard than Xonar D2X?

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier
Im thinking to buy a good soundcard for my HTPC but is there any soundcard better than D2X available in India? I have used D2X its simply superb but need a higherend soundcard.

humblebee

ASUS Xonar Essence stx II...make sure its stx II not just STX
Also i dont think Essence ST is available anymore...anyways STX II is same

Hassan Khani

Checkout sound cards from htomega.com I have Claro II from htomega got 15 years back and it is still working without any issues. The sound is extremely good. You can find multiple reviews on different models of their sound card.

spirovious

Checkout sound cards from htomega.com I have Claro II from htomega got 15 years back and it is still working without any issues. The sound is extremely good. You can find multiple reviews on different models of their sound card.
D2X share same chip/processor of claro l think.Dont know the actual sound quality difference Asus has one card which has ess9023 chip for fronts.

swash

ASUS Xonar Essence stx II...make sure its stx II not just STX
Also i dont think Essence ST is available anymore...anyways STX II is same
Is there any significant difference between STX and STX II performancewise ?

diyaudio

With speakers, going for a higher end sound card may not yield sonic benefit. The speaker most likely will be the weakest link