Beware of Sofa studio Bangalore

Really shocked and sorry to hear about that Real.

Like one of our forum members said big cities like Bangalore has lots of these goons who feeds on victims like this.

What you are going to do is absolutely the right thing shud never leave such people without any action being taken against them. I can assure you that you will feel a lot relieved if the consumer court takes some action against them.

It would be also wise if you can consult anybody in the police department whom you know of regarding this and then take it from there.

I do think that any forum member from bangalore can also help you out with their contacts if any regarding these.

Gather all the evidences and witnesses and then move forward.

the good news is that this thread is now the 3rd hit on Google, if you search for Sofa Studio Bangalore, and the 9th hit if you search just for sofa studio. It pops up as "Beware of Sofa studio bangalore", which I am sure will do no good to this crook's reputation.

@Square_wave and All, Thanks for your thoughts and wonderful support! I am overwhelmed. Please feel free to forward my case to friends thro email and word of mouth..
Well, i have decided to fight it out by going to the consumer court firstly and then by posting it out in newspapers.
I agree with all you have said "No point venting my frustration on the sofa by tearing it up- it is just an object"- and the creation was our baby.In the absence of directions from the seller, me and my wife painstakingly designed the whole thing.
I just remember a scene from Spiderman- where the hero aids in the escape of a convict only to see the convict kill his uncle. Today I let him go, just like somebody earlier would have let him off the hook- and tomorrow this guy is going to prey on some other hapless customer. With all your support and wishes, I shall file a case with all the available evidence in the consumer court by this weekend.
Money was not a big thing- but the priceless loss has been the many precious moments trying to fight him out and to brood over the incident-something which i would have spent more fruitfuilly preparing to welcome my child.
I am determined to not let this happen to someone else and I will fight it out to the best of my ability.
I will keep posting on this thread as things move.
Once again, i thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your kind words.

# 1 - it was your fault/mistake that you parted with 50% down and I hope you realize that. My friend, this is India and for every 10 good guys around there are 100 crooks.
# 2 - It does not hurt to be a little suspicious each time you deal with unknowns.

Having said that no one deserves to be treated the way you were. I'm glad you are not taking this lying down - KICK SOME BUTT!!!!!
I've forwarded your story via e-mail to all my friends working out of Bangalore and have asked them in turn to forward it to all they know.
BTW - Congratulations to you and your wife.

I agree with all the folks who have told you to go to the cops. Please do go and lodge a complaint. Anything to nail the bas%@#$

Hi folks

Getting up to action on the episode what our friend has gone through is no big deal. Concluding to beat the guy up is not a good idea. He looks like he has mastered all consiquenses. So betting up these kind of guys and getting into more problems need to be avoided. Best is to safely get your work done and forget about it. Simple people like us will not have a greater solution than that. For example: I vacated a rented premises and I am due my advance payment and its already 14months since have vacated. If I get to action then go to court and give my land lord more oppurtunity to buy time would be a foolish idea. Instead I am taking the payments in bits and pieces since last 3 months. No alternative.

GOD BLESS US

Shyam

I can understand your feelings, realactive.

I wanted to change the fabric of my sofa from leather to cloth.

I was cheated by the worker who :
took a loong time to come and complete the order.
he wasted a loooot of my expensive cloth.. ordering al lot more meter than required... he had just taken a mobile pic of the sofa, shown to his workers and told me the cloth required on phone.

But in end i made him pay for part of the cloth he wasted.
I didnt give hime ANY advance.. he came for full payment; i told him i am going to deduct for the fabric WASTED. He shouted and went away. I didnt bother ; then two of his men came and meekly took the payment and went away. I of course got a bill signed from these workers that they got full and finaly payment for making and not to bother me again for payment.

But the process spoilt my love for my sofa and partly took away my joy of renovating my sofa. So i too feel like reactive,... sell it off :(

The workers/manual laborers/ repairmen / painting men/ elctricians/carpenters are all VERY RISKY people. You have to be extra careful when employing them.
Partly educated GOONS like realactivex met, aree most dangerous.
They understand our need/good behavior and exploit it.

thnks.

PS i have nothing against the workmen as such.

Last edited:
in this serious topic I do not want to crack joke but I remembered a fable -
This is the story I Read about Chankya.....
When King Vikramaditya was returning from a victorious war , it was decided to construct a victory arc or gate below which the grand return of king will be celebrated.
The workmen completed the work much before the deadline
Chankya smelt the rat ,asked how it is possible get the arc inspected and found that it is designed such that it will collapse at the same time of kings arrivalall the concerned people were caught and punished.
When asked how he suspected the people he said IF CARPENTERS,MASONS,TAILORS ETC ARE FINISHING THEIR WORK BEFORE THEIR COMMITED DATE REMEMBER THERE IS SOME PROBLEM!
Anyway like you I suffered badly because of carpenters creativity in fact I realized that we have to ask them to copy a design and results are marginally betteranything custom is disaster. Now due to AV stuff, Electronics, Books ,mags I have weird needs and so I am living with many disasters..
My advise in this situation is not to go to cops ,as is police go to this person then he will do something in retaliation. But if you have anypehchaan with cops pls complain.
Forum might think that I am a coward but like you I am a father of a daughter..and I think that made me coward.
In fact I fired my driver on first of a month after discovering that he is drunkard and sometimes used to drive drunk. And he had audacity to ask next months salary ,standing at the door of my apartment and I had to pay on my wifes insistence ,to avoid further possible TROUBLE
Only good outcome of this situation is that I forced myself to learn driving!

P.S. Couple of carpenters I found are really good One is Harrison Ford ( He was a carpenter) and director John Carpenter!!:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::D

The second option is to ruin his reputation and make the world know his true colours: which is what i intend to achieve by these post. We are 4000 members and we all have friends. I guess that is how the word usually spreads. Over time, I am sure people are going to research about him on the web before staking their hard earned monies.
Regards

Congrats! Your efforts are paying rich dividends! :clapping:

As of date, just Google - Sofa Studio Bangalore - and your thread/ topic here (Beware of Sofa Studio Bangalore) is listed 4th in the search result!!
Now Google - Sofa Studio India - the result is still better...3rd!

HiFiVision's outreach is phenomenal!:clapping:

Have added tags below, as I want to see it in number 1.
Guys, please click on "edit tag" at the bottom and add more tags for better search result in Google.
Only 2 tags per user can be added.

Last edited:

As of date, just Google - Sofa Studio Bangalore - and your thread/ topic here (Beware of Sofa Studio Bangalore) is listed 4th in the search result!!

Guys, please click on "edit tag" at the bottom and add more tags for better search result in Google.

Great idea Reju, I've added a couple.

Guys try to add the word "review" too as many will come searching for reviews on Google. I've done it, but other variations on it will be even better.

UPDATE: I just realised that searchwiki changes (my idea below the dotted line ----- ) have no impact on google's ranking, so sorry about that! But one thing we can do to pump up the rankings for this page is to link to this thread from other pages, including blogs, websites, and so on, so people here who have blogs and websites of their own, you could put in a link (even an invisible link) to this page on your sites, so that we can push up this page's pagerank.

---------
One more thing you can do is, if you're logged into a Google account, when you search for sofa studio, or sofa studio bangalore, and get this thread as a result, you have the option of moving the thread up using the arrow icon next to the search result, please everyone move this thread right to the top for searches for sofa studio, sofa studio india, and sofa studio bangalore, let's make sure this guy doesn't cheat anyone any more.

cheers

Last edited:
Dear sir,
I was sad to hear your ordeals with a crook in the guise of a businessman.In the first instance when he reported that your advance cheque has bounced within half an hour after you had given the cheque you could have asked for the instrument which has bounced.Probably he would have been caught off hand.Please check if you could sue him in a consumer court with the available records for causing mental agony.If that is so that would be the best option.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Dear sir,
I was sad to hear your ordeals with a crook in the guise of a businessman.In the first instance when he reported that your advance cheque has bounced within half an hour after you had given the cheque you could have asked for the instrument which has bounced.Probably he would have been caught off hand.Please check if you could sue him in a consumer court with the available records for causing mental agony.If that is so that would be the best option.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

There is an old saying.. "no one can cheat you unless you allow him".. something like that..

we always should be careful while selecting freelancers for any jobs. some time back my next door neighbor called a carpenter to do some interior work. he did half way and when he got a bigger job, he left it and fled. he also took some amount. later the owner had to find another carpenter to finish job.
i got my new flat recently and i had to do the interiors, learning from above i selected a carpenter, by visiting three houses where he did the job before and i personally talked with those ppl. and he turned out to be a very good carpenter with best workmanship and honesty. he took his money only after he finished his work.

so mater better cautious next time.

Good news...the following searches now hit number ONE on Google:

1. Sofa Studio India.
2. Sofa studio Bangalore Review.
3. Dayanand sofa or Sofa Dayanand

Now they are in trouble!:clapping:

Ek aur aam aadmi busy hone ki wajeh se ek bully ko ignore karke waapis apne kaam pe lag gaya

kya hoga is desh ka...

(But I would've done the same! Atleast you've tried something (AND GOT RESULTS!) to alert people searching for Mr. Danav, I would've just cribbed about it and that's that, kudos man!)

THIS SOFA NEEDS REPAIR!!!! - gutted by my dogs!

and i know WHOM I MUST AVOID!! - Sofa studio bangalore will definitely not get my custom!:lol:

Last edited:
i'm so glad that we are one against a goon like sofa studio, 4 goons can never match 4000 of us....its a matter of time before he has to shut shop.... i think you have done something no law, police force or consumer court can ever do...disrepute him for life.... i'm already spreading the word to all my contacts to beware of such goons.

God bless our efforts.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back