Beware of this Dealer

Mayank Shah

I know someone who recently got swindled to the extent of 88K from this dealer named "Bhalerao Enterprises - Pro Audio"

Dealer website

The dealer received the payment 2 weeks back, has not given any official receipt/invoice nor any status of delivery. They just dilly dally citing some excuse or the other.

"We will get back to you after checking with sales team" is their most common excuse.

Very much possible. I tried contacting them many times and couldn't get in touch. Just kept getting excuses.

I know someone who recently got swindled to the extent of 88K from this dealer named "Bhalerao Enterprises - Pro Audio"

Dealer website

The dealer received the payment 2 weeks back, has not given any official receipt/invoice nor any status of delivery. They just dilly dally citing some excuse or the other.

"We will get back to you after checking with sales team" is their most common excuse.
Ohh.. thank you for informing.

Would be great if someone from Mumbai can visit and check them out.
Below from their website.

Bhalerao Enterprises
Virat Dham 18, Swami Vivekanand Nagar,
Near A.V.M School,
Kulgaon, Badlapur (E).
Mumbai - 421503.
Maharashtra, India.
E-mail: info (at) bhaleraoenterprises (dot) com
Hours: Mon. – Fri., 10 AM – 06 PM, Sat., 10 AM – 04 PM

No idea about the dealer. But I am surprised that there’s a pro audio shop in Badalapur. It is a small suburb about 50 odd km from Mumbai. Most people in Badalapur would travel to Thane or Mumbai to buy branded apparel.

I do not understand why would someone hand over that kind of money without doing their due diligence first? Was it an online transaction? if it was done say at their location then would you not be insisting on a proper invoice which holds some legal value?

Guy's get proforma Invoice or quotation with genuine GST no and make payment with reference, that will help in any kind of claims.

No idea about the dealer. But I am surprised that there’s a pro audio shop in Badalapur. It is a small suburb about 50 odd km from Mumbai. Most people in Badalapur would travel to Thane or Mumbai to buy branded apparel.
Bang on Sachin!
I have been keeping a track on such kind of dubious etailers.
This Bhalerao Pro Audio outfit boasts that it is an authorised dealer of Genlec hardware among other stellar brands.
And yet their office is based out of Badlapur???
There is another shady outfit (The name skips me) whose registered office is based out of *gasp* Mira Road. Will try digging out the name.

I am surprised that Badlapur which is a village kind of a place will have any pro audio dealers unless its some Ahuja or a local make. Its a fake for sure.

Guys, Bhalerao is a legit company. They are the official dealer for Metric Halo products for India and UAE. They are listed on the Metric Halo site. They primarily service studios and the like.

Dealer website

That's sad to hear. FWIW, I bought a pair of JBL active speakers from them a couple of years ago. The experience was good.

Note: No affiliations with the dealer, just sharing my experience.

Would be great if someone from Mumbai can visit and check them out.
This is not a fake company. I came across them while looking for Active Speakers and they are official dealers for many products. I had queries around the speakers I was looking at and because of this thread, I also asked about this case.

I was told that the money was refunded. I guess this issue seems to be more of Customer Service. (Maybe @Mayank Shah can confirm and update it here)

Why are some of us so quick to denigrate a dealer just because of the place where they are located? I knew the likes of some of us are snobbish about various things audio but locations? Really?!

Why attribute to snobbery? Why not just plain disbelief/pre-conditioning? Using strong label in an argument against labelling is kind of ironic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Online business models don't require city locations
Suburbs offer cheap warehousing and low overheads

Only issue is sometimes online websites bite of more than they can chew

For example they advertise things for sale that they don't have in their possession and need to source and sometimes because there are hundreds of such items they find out that when they try to source it , it's out of stock even from their vendor partners
Hence delays

All things said
Bhalerao is legit
And all's well that ends well
However I do understand frustration when a frank reply is not given and dilly dallying is done

Why attribute to snobbery? Why not just plain disbelief/pre-conditioning? Using strong label in an argument against labelling is kind of ironic.
So snobbery is a "strong" label and is not OK to attach. And, disbelief/pre-conditioning is a "weak"/"less-strong" label, which is OK to attach? By which book?
Dung, called by any name still stinks! :p

So snobbery is a "strong" label and is not OK to attach. And, disbelief/pre-conditioning is a "weak"/"less-strong" label, which is OK to attach? By which book?
Dung, called by any name still stinks! :p

Disbelief/preconditioning is a description of the probable cause for a reaction while snobbery is a label. While the former is specific to the situation, the latter is a gross character trait. One of those comments were mine - I can attribute it to disbelief/preconditioning, but not to snobbery. I’ve lived for almost 20 years in Ambernath, adjacent town to Badalapur and am proud of their heritage and appreciative of their development. My disbelief was limited to the probability of a high end pro audio shop there. And when objective data was provided by some other FMs (who didn’t use the opportunity to sneer at fellow FMs), that disbelief turned to acceptance. I am realising that in the days of online business, physical location may not be as much of a constraint as it was say a decade ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disbelief/preconditioning is a description of the probable cause for a reaction while snobbery is a label. While the former is specific to the situation, the latter is a gross character trait. One of those comments were mine - I can attribute it to disbelief/preconditioning, but not to snobbery. I’ve lived for almost 20 years in Ambernath, adjacent town to Badalapur and am proud of their heritage and appreciative of their development. My disbelief was limited to the probability of a high end pro audio shop there. And when objective data was provided by some other FMs (who didn’t use the opportunity to sneer at fellow FMs), that disbelief turned to acceptance. I am realising that in the days of online business, physical location may not be as much of a constraint as it was say a decade ago.
Actually, I saw NO data provided by anyone which would turn disbelief to acceptance. In this age where the Internet and the data available on it is a "pull out of the pocket" away, there is no call/excuse for sticking with preconceived notions and articulating them. What would you call persisting with preconditioning despite readily available data to the contrary? Of course not bothering to search can also be attributed to preconditioning and so can the original sin! We can play around with semantics all we want but at the end of the day - "Dung, called...". Over and out! :p

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back