BIC America PL200ii subwoofer not being serviced even in Warranty ! Shame on Pristine Note.

Finally I contacted the service center they asked me I have to pay 15k for the new amplifier. warranty and didn't apply. finally giving back the old amp i got it for 12.5k. I connected back to sub and its working ok.

I opened up and saw the socket is made in such a way, you literally cant separate from the board. Wish I had taken a photo. Finally I contacted the service center and they asked to pay 15k for amp no warranty was valid. Though it had four years warranty. Giving back the old amp they gave it for 12.5k. I fixed it back and its working. Thank you
Finally I contacted the service center they asked me I have to pay 15k for the new amplifier. warranty and didn't apply. finally giving back the old amp i got it for 12.5k. I connected back to sub and its working ok.

I opened up and saw the socket is made in such a way, you literally cant separate from the board. Wish I had taken a photo. Finally I contacted the service center and they asked to pay 15k for amp no warranty was valid. Though it had four years warranty. Giving back the old amp they gave it for 12.5k. I fixed it back and its working. Thank you
Two months down the line the new board took off. It's not getting switched on. Tried changing the fuse. Fuse is ceramic, tested it, its fine. Still not working opened up and saw nothing visible damage. Finally BIC america is the last one to consider at present in India. Settling for Polk HTS 12

I remember long back when BIC Subwoofers was selling like hotcakes there was an FM reported that driver was faulty within warranty period and the replacement was sent without even physical inspection (only picture sent). Sad to see it has changed completely.

it was highly praised sub,The amp and also the drive failed within 1 year span that PRISTINENOTE PVT LTD replaced
while they sold they informed 5 years warranty for amp and 8years for drive but now they are refusing(EVEN NOW IN AMAZON.IN ITS LISTED WITH 5Y ON AMP AND 8Y ON DRIVE https://www.amazon.in/Bic-Acoustech-PL-200-II-Subwoofer/dp/B074131NKS LOL) and only honor 1 year warranty
they fail often BETTER STAY AWAY FROM BIC SUBS AND ESPECIALLY FROM PRISTINENOTE PVT LTD

Even I face the same issue from PristineNote. The sub that I purchased for my friend is less than one year old and for the second time it is not working and they are refusing to provide any warranty support on the BIC Pl200-II subwoofer. Shame on PRISTINENOTE.
I would not purchase anything from PRISTINENOTE or BIC brand or will I recommend them to anyone henceforth.

12.5k just because of a stuck female pin? You should have tried tweezers first.

Hi Everyone.
when I bought BIC PL200, I was happy to know that it offers 5 years warranty on Amplifier and 8 years on woofers.
recently my sub amp had issue as fuse keeps blowing even after replacing with new one.
When contacted the authorized service i.e. Pristine Note, I am shocked to here their claim
They are saying due to large warranty claims in INDIA, BIC has decided to honor warranty for only one year it seems.
so even though my sub is in warranty, it cant be replaced with new amp and I am supposed to buy new one from them.
Is this a joke ?
When I bought the sub, I was promised 5 years of warranty. can a company change the rules as it benefits ?
How should I proceed now ??
Does this mean, we should avoid BIC brand going forward in India as company itself is saying their amp's are not designed for voltage fluctuations in India ?
The same is happened to me, prestine in Mumbai store is doing fraud....they do not support.

This is indeed a sad experience faced by our FMs. I never had an issue with the BIC H100 ii which was my first sub from BIC. Sold it after 3 years of use and it is still being used by the buyer who is now become my good friend. Its more than 7 years now.

I had traded up to the BIC PL 200 and used it for a good 4 years till I upgraded to a SVS SB1000. The BIC PL 200 is still running strong, infact I had the same warranty 5 years on Amp and 8 years on Woofer Driver which I replaced once before I sold the sub. When I purchased the sub way back I ensured that Pristine put their stamp and sign with date on the papers with clear warranty details mentioned.

I also took a mail confirmation from them on the same quoting the model and serial number of the subwoofer. This way I ensured that all documentation was available from a warranty standpoint.

I am a bit shocked with the way Pristine is handling this. Things change with time I guess and after CV19, things have never been the same for everyone!
Prestine is a fraud indeed. My sub is breakdown and they are just telling the stories and not responding appropriately. It's just1.5 year approx and falling under 5 years of warranty... Very sad experience ....

I remember long back when BIC Subwoofers was selling like hotcakes there was an FM reported that driver was faulty within warranty period and the replacement was sent without even physical inspection (only picture sent). Sad to see it has changed completely.
Significantly changed ,infact unit is falling under warranty though they are feeling reluctance in providing services. Prestine Mumbai is just seems to be afraid.

Prestine is a fraud indeed. My sub is breakdown and they are just telling the stories and not responding appropriately. It's just1.5 year approx and falling under 5 years of warranty... Very sad experience ....

Hi,

As for me I took everything on email so its documented. If you have documented warranty like how I did then they have to honour the same. I ensured a rubber stamp on my owners manual with date and also an email which confirmed the warranty from them.

You can write to them with a cc to BIC America informing them to provide a replacement. BIC America being copied on the mail would respond back for sure.

By going through these pists sone times getting feel to buy any indian products. Any goid ibdian subs

Brands which have been in the market for 25 years + and used by many of us before moving to foreign brands.

Space Audio

Best suggestion is to buy pre owned (used) subwoofers which are available at reasonable prices and work well if used properly for years.
yes. Iam using klipsch sub. Now Indua need a global brand of its own with good service and pricing. I feel we Indians are underrated byvfireign companies . Like in other countries warreny for the same products are ubder 3 to 5 yrs warrenty but here only 1 year warrenty. same in the case of safety measures in Cars.

yes. Iam using klipsch sub. Now Indua need a global brand of its own with good service and pricing. I feel we Indians are underrated byvfireign companies . Like in other countries warreny for the same products are ubder 3 to 5 yrs warrenty but here only 1 year warrenty. same in the case of safety measures in Cars.

Yes warranty is limited in India for foreign big brands when compared to other countries. Fortunately SVS sub I have is covered for 5 years and all this is taken in writing over emails with a copy to the US headquarters. Whenever I make any such large investments, I ensure all this.

Yes Indian brands are sometimes underestimated by most of us. I started off my journey with Norge Arphi almost 20 + years back. Over the years moved to foreign products and still somehow surviving

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back