Big problem in denon 1908

neo_49

I m using DENON 1908 from last four months and last week i have connected my pc (GIGABYTE 78GM) to receiver with HDMI and after watching HD movie (TRANSFORMER) in end of movie i heard loud sound from surround speaker (like crackle) after disconnecting pc i conect hdmi to dvd player DV600 there is same sound and some time receiver hang ,after this i disconnect all input cable from denon and start FM but still some problem loud distortion from speaker ,i thing i m in big trouble this DENON is from grey market ,need experts help please.
REGARDS

hey neo,

not sure if this would help, but if it seems to be a problem with AVR, could you try to reset the microprocessor ??

instructions i found on the guide :

a) turn the power using <POWER>
b) Press <POWER> while simultaneously pressing <SPEAKER A> and <SPEAKER B>
c) Once the display starts flashing at intervals of about 1 second, release the two buttons.

regds,

You can connect fronts in surr socket of AVR & check if same problem repeats.(connect surr spk to frt socket)

If frts ar ok then prob with surr if they distort @ the same time.
If surrounds are not full ranged & if you keep setting 'LARGE' ,Chance is that it can get damaged.I have seen this problem with jamo surr with Onkyo 505 Demo (LORD of the RINGS)

Other chance that output stage may got damanged.Try factory settings(restore)
In Onkyo,there is one way which gives factory setting.
(press & hold VIDEO 3 & Standby button same time)

Is the receiver connected through an inverter or UPS?
If yes, take it to the service center. The digital circuits are damaged.

Thanks,
Sharad

You can connect fronts in surr socket of AVR & check if same problem repeats.(connect surr spk to frt socket)

If frts ar ok then prob with surr if they distort @ the same time.
If surrounds are not full ranged & if you keep setting 'LARGE' ,Chance is that it can get damaged.I have seen this problem with jamo surr with Onkyo 505 Demo (LORD of the RINGS)

Other chance that output stage may got damanged.Try factory settings(restore)
In Onkyo,there is one way which gives factory setting.
(press & hold VIDEO 3 & Standby button same time)
Thanx for replay,but if i disconnect surround speaker then that sound come from front SP.
REGARDS

I think i have solved my problem ,two days back i have installed two small fans inside receiver and thank god there is no any kind of distortion or sound from speakers,may be there is problem with ventilation in my new furniture, thanx for helping.
REGARDS

My setup is looks like this ,i have changed location of receiver to cpu,
REGARDS

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 247
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
i am experiencing the same problem....it started 2 weeks ago......initially it was distorted sound from surround spkrs.....but now loud distortion even from the front towers wen playin on 5.1.....really annoyin....confused

i am experiencing the same problem....it started 2 weeks ago......initially it was distorted sound from surround spkrs.....but now loud distortion even from the front towers wen playin on 5.1.....really annoyin....confused

Are you playing at normal volumes and does it happen at certain point when watching movies or listening to music? It appears that your AVR may be clipping due to certain impedance levels.

What are your speaker specs?

I have found similar problem with Onk 330.
The centre ch get distorted 10min later I start watching movies.
At lower vol it even stops working for moment & starts after vol is raised.

I did servicing & engineers told me signal even after 1hr run also recorded clear on machine & spks too.I upgraded Tan cetre(90w).
Now I am finding if it is the spk or the amp.But same happens rearly with surr Rt too(ols spk)

Are you playing at normal volumes and does it happen at certain point when watching movies or listening to music? It appears that your AVR may be clipping due to certain impedance levels.

What are your speaker specs?

YES. it happens at certain times only, wen listenin to music.....after tat distortion...thers no sound from the speakers at all for some time...wer as the avr is still on.. i 'm havin JAMO S606.(5.0)

Even I am experiencing the same problem for almost a year with AVR1508...when i contacted Profx last year, they said they wont do servicing for AVRs not bought from them..I bought it in dubai....so profx has started do serviciing of ext products????

YES. it happens at certain times only, wen listenin to music.....after tat distortion...thers no sound from the speakers at all for some time...wer as the avr is still on.. i 'm havin JAMO S606.(5.0)

With Onk,it plays fine for initial 10min ,then centre starts distorting,did servicing from Onk service centre ,they told signal is seen ok on metre,
still prob is persisting,they told they will visit Home soon.Lets see.

I listen at moderate(30level)still the prob.

i called up an engineer for denon....he said tat the ventilation should not be compromised n e wer.>>>>> then he reduced all my equalizer settings for each individual spkers....since after tat(2weeks) , i havent heard that distortion again.

i called up an engineer for denon....he said tat the ventilation should not be compromised n e wer.>>>>> then he reduced all my equalizer settings for each individual spkers....since after tat(2weeks) , i havent heard that distortion again.

Hi VIC,

R u from chennai?...If so can u giv me the ph.no of the engineer from denon....I am struggling with this problem almost a yr...pls help me.

Hi VIC,

R u from chennai?...If so can u giv me the ph.no of the engineer from denon....I am struggling with this problem almost a yr...pls help me.

i liv in mumbai......but did u try reducing ur EQlevels....n also the ventilation (whether it is free or chhocked up

i liv in mumbai......but did u try reducing ur EQlevels....n also the ventilation (whether it is free or chhocked up

Yeah I hve tried reducing the EQ levels...but nothing happend....also I dont hav ventilation problem...n even my system doesnt get heated up...

Sometimes I am not getting any prob with DTS track....but I always get distortion/cracking noise with DD, DD PLII, DTS NEO 6 etc...if I set my fronts as small....no sound at all...If i set my fronts as large...then sound is being output....If run DD and then DTS...then I get prob with DTS also.....I am totally helpless....Since i bought this in Dubai....profx is not ready to solve my problem(I checked with them last yr)....

If anybody works with Profx chennai and member of this forum...pls help me...

Yeah I hve tried reducing the EQ levels...but nothing happend....also I dont hav ventilation problem...n even my system doesnt get heated up...

Sometimes I am not getting any prob with DTS track....but I always get distortion/cracking noise with DD, DD PLII, DTS NEO 6 etc...if I set my fronts as small....no sound at all...If i set my fronts as large...then sound is being output....If run DD and then DTS...then I get prob with DTS also.....I am totally helpless....Since i bought this in Dubai....profx is not ready to solve my problem(I checked with them last yr)....

If anybody works with Profx chennai and member of this forum...pls help me...

try this guy...hes' in mumbai but might help you out if he has some contacts in chennai,..

Company Name Lakozy Electronics Pvt Ltd
Contact Person Priyesh Patel
Address La-Kozy Mansion,21,Chowpatty Seaface, Mumbai, Maharashtra, INDIA PIN-400007
Phone no. 23697001
Fax 23698001
URL Welcome To Lakozy Electronics Pvt Ltd!

Re: Big problem in denon AVR1612

Running with one HDMI to an older Toshiba LCD TV.
Experiencing problem with the front right speaker...on and off crackling noise..could this be because the TV does not support ARC technology?
in Thailand so the store I brought it from do not have a clue what I'm talking about and no idea what the problem is ! Feeling prettty stupid and angry right now...

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back