bittorrent support on asus o!play air

soundnovice

hi all,

i have asus o!play air media player. its connected to internet via wifi. i want to kno if its possible to run bit torrent apps on this. default firmware doesn't support any such feature.

thanks
shivap

Well,

Just this morning I updated the new firmware 1.28 from ASUS with that very same hope. Nope, it is not available.

You can not run bittorrent client on it. I have sent a support request for the same to them. Let's wait and see whether next version introduces that feature or I can get their source to add a client in there.

- Rajiv.

hi
i hav not yet checked which fw version my unit has. ru facing any issues after fw upgradation. i will try to upgrade it too provided it makes real big difference. pls let me kno if ur able to add the torrent app into existing fw.
thanks
shivap

You can check the firmware revision in 'system' tab of Setup. It should be 1.23N or 1.23P (N - NTSC, p-PAL)

I strongly suggest to go for the upgrade since, it has resolved some hang up problems while copying files from media server to local drives.

Also, N/W performance (WiFi) I feel it is better after the update.

It is very easy to update the FW. Just takes a minute to update it.

No torrent updates yet. :(

Happy Streaming..

You can check the firmware revision in 'system' tab of Setup. It should be 1.23N or 1.23P (N - NTSC, p-PAL)

I strongly suggest to go for the upgrade since, it has resolved some hang up problems while copying files from media server to local drives.

Also, N/W performance (WiFi) I feel it is better after the update.

It is very easy to update the FW. Just takes a minute to update it.

No torrent updates yet. :(

Happy Streaming..

thanks rajiv

hav u tried moservices (sites.google.com/site/farvoice/about_en)
the website says it has added sampa support.

thanks
shivap

Back