Black Friday Deal 2017

daljeet_sando

Has anyone done an international purchase today on Black Friday. I am looking for an entry level projector. Which would be the best site to purchase from...suggestions welcome!!

Not exactly entry level but there is Epson 2150 3 LCD model available for $649 (regular 899) from amazon.com.

There is lot of good user feedback both on amazon/BB sites and other AVforums that you can check and take a call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, looks like sold out on amazon but still available on Bestbuy.com

So order till stocks last! [emoji846]

Last edited:
Thanks for your inputs....have ordered Epson 2150 from best buy...costed $690 (with sales tax)...but have to wait a long as the person is coming in Jan only :sad:...

Cool, congratulations! I ordered earlier this month and got it delivered. Didnt get to install yet but quick testing was quite impressive!

EPSON 3lcd models dont have enough black levels
i had epson eh-tw 570 home cinema projector its a garbage for dark scenes
if you tend to have the same black level problem there are lot of advices to improve black levels like grey screen dark paint etc NOTHING WILL WORK
so i bought benq 2150st stunning clarity and i am happy dont think im saying negative just wanna make sure none suffers like me:):):):):)

if possible try to run the projector in usa and look for image quality in dark scenes if its grey return it better be safe than sorry

EPSON 3lcd models dont have enough black levels
i had epson eh-tw 570 home cinema projector its a garbage for dark scenes
if you tend to have the same black level problem there are lot of advices to improve black levels like grey screen dark paint etc NOTHING WILL WORK
so i bought benq 2150st stunning clarity and i am happy dont think im saying negative just wanna make sure none suffers like me:):):):):)

if possible try to run the projector in usa and look for image quality in dark scenes if its grey return it better be safe than sorry

Epson tw-570 and 2150 are not equivalent to be compared. The former has 15000:1 contrast ratio while the 2150 is with 60000:1 contrast ratio.

DLP and LCD technologies are different and caters to different user needs / have different USPs

Though any LCD model cant match DLP for Ultimate blacks but they win hands down if you want to use with some ambient light/ day time viewing in not completely dark room.

Additionally lamp replacement for Epson is about $50 while typical DLP lamps costs at least half of the projector costs!

The colour light output and white light output is same in Epson while in DLP, usually the colour light output is quite less than white light output!

One additional advantage I saw with Epson is with 3D - there is no reduced brightness as with DLP.

There are quite a few user reviews out there and no one seems to have complained about blacks being terrible in the new model 2150.

Am yet to install my projector, will need some more time! [emoji853]

Yes, of course if one is not satisfied, one can (ex)change!

Ultimately whatever floats your boat[emoji846]

I also tend to agree that Epson 2150 is a descent projector at the price point....foremost advantage would be cheaper lamp cost....added to this USB support and Miracast looks to me as a good buy

Epson tw-570 and 2150 are not equivalent to be compared. The former has 15000:1 contrast ratio while the 2150 is with 60000:1 contrast ratio.

DLP and LCD technologies are different and caters to different user needs / have different USPs

Though any LCD model cant match DLP for Ultimate blacks but they win hands down if you want to use with some ambient light/ day time viewing in not completely dark room.

Additionally lamp replacement for Epson is about $50 while typical DLP lamps costs at least half of the projector costs!

The colour light output and white light output is same in Epson while in DLP, usually the colour light output is quite less than white light output!

One additional advantage I saw with Epson is with 3D - there is no reduced brightness as with DLP.

There are quite a few user reviews out there and no one seems to have complained about blacks being terrible in the new model 2150.

update your experience after hooking up the
projector

Could you install your PJ and check how it is performing in dark screens in ambient light condition...awaiting your update as I am confused if I should go for white or dark screens

Sorry for the late reply; I will not be able to install till my house renovation completes; the projector lies safely packed till then

From my reading a grey screen might be preferable; would suggest if you can test on both screens and pick the one suits you better (which is what am planning once am ready)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back