Black friday sales in US grab it

picked up 22 so far for a hair less than 200$:yahoo:

Pls.suggest good Bluray Discs.My short list-

1.Batman Begins
2.Superman3
3.Diehard
4.Harry potter
5.Transformer

I am looking for reference BDs with good vidQ & SQ.

1) Cars
2) Fast & furious- 4 films- You will go to hell:lol: with the sound...
3) Transformer 1 & 2
4) Diehard- 4 - You will go to hell :lol:with the sound...
5) Dark Knight
6) Apocalypto
7) Terminator- 4
8) Day after tommorow
9) Crouching tiger hidden dragon( one of the best to check surround system )
10)Transporter 3
11) I robot- Best PQ and sound...
12) Spidey series- all 3 are good

List goes on...Just above will be fun to watch..

Last edited:
Pls.suggest good Bluray Discs.My short list-

1.Batman Begins
2.Superman3
3.Diehard
4.Harry potter
5.Transformer

I am looking for reference BDs with good vidQ & SQ.

Superman 3 is trash -and very old -rest are good - buy get some recent movies..

Movies shot a few years back (like Die Hard) were never shot in High Def so not sure of the quality of the re-mastering. Same is the case for James Bond movies.

The pixar movies are great choices. Any new sci-fi movie would be good. Get the Planet Earth collection from BBC (esp. the Richard Attenborough version and not the Meryl Streep one), I heard its amazing.

Movies shot a few years back (like Die Hard) were never shot in High Def so not sure of the quality of the re-mastering. Same is the case for James Bond movies.

The pixar movies are great choices. Any new sci-fi movie would be good. Get the Planet Earth collection from BBC (esp. the Richard Attenborough version and not the Meryl Streep one), I heard its amazing.

It's David Attenborough - Oh yes it's amazing to watch Planet Earth because of the beautiful cinematography and the narration of Mr. Attenbourough. It takes it to another level. Some of the shots they have achieved is pretty breath taking, surely we wouldn't be able to get there but this will let us appreciate our planet's beauty.

There is another series recently released called Life from BBC Studios which is narrated by David Attenbourough as well. Hopefully get it when it becomes cheap.

Get the Planet Earth collection from BBC (esp. the Richard Attenborough version and not the Meryl Streep one), I heard its amazing.

Got Planet Earth -Richard Attenborough version in 720 P MKV file ..It is mindbogling!!! My 2 yr old kiddo daughter is hooked to the images of fish ,penguins and bears!!!!!

Can you point out some movie atleast one or two which were shot in HD Cam,,,NOPE, except few scenes..

Documentary like IMAX release and BBC planet earth were shot in HD camera..

All the Bond movies were equaly remastered equivalent to the present movies and i own all except QOS..

Regards

Die hard-4 is good

Can you point out some movie atleast one or two which were shot in HD Cam,,,NOPE, except few scenes..

Documentary like IMAX release and BBC planet earth were shot in HD camera..

All the Bond movies were equaly remastered equivalent to the present movies and i own all except QOS..

Regards

Die hard-4 is good

Srini

Normal film used to capture movie captures more information than 1080p, Source here

Film is analog so there are no real "pixels." However, based on converted measures, a 35mm frame has 3 to 12 million pixels, depending on the stock, lens, and shooting conditions. An HD frame has 2 million pixels, measured using 1920 x 1080 scan lines. With this difference, 35mm appears vastly superior to HD.

So it's all up to the conversion and how best it's done.

Srini

Normal film used to capture movie captures more information than 1080p, Source here

Sivaji was shot in 35mm with 4K resln right?? that is outstanding transfer to BD in FHD.

Srini

Normally all movies are recorded in very high resolution than 1080p since it has to be projected to the huge screens in theaters. So its only a matter of format conversion.

Normally all movies are recorded in very high resolution than 1080p since it has to be projected to the huge screens in theaters. So its only a matter of format conversion.

You are correct,I remember Venkat(?) has explained this.

I know this is transgressing from BF sales. However, most movies are shot in analogue because its very hard to get the same resolution with the current crop of digital cameras (you woudl need something like a 4096 x 1028 or higher resolution) and more importantly, they dont allow for selective blurring of images which photographers love to play with. So there is no conversion.

Currently there are only a handful of digital cameras that even come close to analogue quality for movies.

Computer Warehouse in Barton Centre offers a 1TB Seagate for 4100, so I think a 1.5TB at this price is a good buy. If it is available here at this price, I might be interested in knowing where-I may want one more.
Thanks
George

One shop (dont remember the name) in SP road is selling Seagate 1TB HDD for 4K and 1.5TB for 6K (both the prices are inclusive of 4% VAT) which carries 5yr warranty. Most of them dont stock 1.5TB.

I know this is transgressing from BF sales. However, most movies are shot in analogue because its very hard to get the same resolution with the current crop of digital cameras (you woudl need something like a 4096 x 1028 or higher resolution) and more importantly, they dont allow for selective blurring of images which photographers love to play with. So there is no conversion.

Currently there are only a handful of digital cameras that even come close to analogue quality for movies.

I think it makes sense as one is projecting over a large screen the resolution needs to be higher. However, how is that older films look lesser sharper than more recent films. For example, there is a difference in clarity in say Die Hard (the original) and Die Hard 4.

So although the media is still 35 mm, the information captured in the recordings seem to be far superior plus the quality of sound recordings. Is that a fair assumption?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back