Black patch in Panasonic 50C300DX LED

sachinv_81

Hello Guys,

Seeking some quick help/guide/assistance from the experts..

I have Panasonic 50C300DX LED tv which is 15 months old. Since today morning I'm see a black vertical patch on the screen. I have attached few pics for better understanding of the issue here

Until last night, it was all working fine.

I googled few threads & Youtube vdos & most of them said it could the issue or lose connection with the ribbon cable attached to the panel.. Don't know whether this the case here? :sad:

Is this something related to the ribbon cable or panel? really worried if its panel issue as you all know how costly that could be.

I have logged a complained with Panasonic & technician will be here tomorrow & seeks some suggestion/comments from the experts here..

Thanks,
Sachin.

Attachments

• IMG-20170326-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20170326-WA0023.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-20170326-WA0024.jpg
    IMG-20170326-WA0024.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG-20170326-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20170326-WA0027.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG-20170326-WA0028.jpg
    IMG-20170326-WA0028.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG-20170326-WA0029.jpg
    IMG-20170326-WA0029.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 112
If everything else seems ok, then you may try this. There may be a self test option in the menu -> help section. Try running that to see if the problem is internal to the tv or external.

Purchasing electronics is always risky, especially LED TVs. Do you have an extended warranty?
Wait for the technician to come and check it out. Let us know the outcome of the inspection

Purchasing electronics is always risky, especially LED TVs. Do you have an extended warranty?
Wait for the technician to come and check it out. Let us know the outcome of the inspection

No extended warranty..

Technician came & did some initial testing & seems the back light could be the cause for the black patch. He suggested 2 option, one to replace the backlight which he was 90% confident as the cause & another was to replace the entire panel.

I got a call from Panasonic service center (Kochi) & got a shock when they said "Sir, plz approve 29k to replace the entire backpanel.. " idiots..

After taking to the ASM, i am sending my TV for the service center tomorrow morning. Backlight should not cost me more then 3-4k..

Thanks,
Sachin.

No extended warranty..

Technician came & did some initial testing & seems the back light could be the cause for the black patch. He suggested 2 option, one to replace the backlight which he was 90% confident as the cause & another was to replace the entire panel.

I got a call from Panasonic service center (Kochi) & got a shock when they said "Sir, plz approve 29k to replace the entire backpanel.. " idiots..

After taking to the ASM, i am sending my TV for the service center tomorrow morning. Backlight should not cost me more then 3-4k..

Thanks,
Sachin.

It certainly looks lol a Backlight issue and n not the lcd panel itself.

No extended warranty..

Thanks,
Sachin.

Hope they don't charge you much..

I had a similar experience with my 4 yr old Sony TV, a vertical line started developing in the TV and the service center updated me to pay 40K to replace the panel :) Decided not to fix it..

Hope it's sorted out without a need to replace the whole panel itself. With such LED/LCD TV problems we're at the mercy of the service centers.
When my 4yr old SONY LCD tv was bleeding colors last year (out of warranty), the SONY service technician changed about 8 mosquito sized chips.. yup! They're so tiny!... and it came about only around 1900/- plus service charge plus onsite visite totalling about 3200/- only. He never had mentioned about replacing the panel. He cited the dust accumulating over the years is the main cause for such problems.
All the best!

hope so i don't have to replace the entire panel.. I will hand over my TV to the service center guy tomorrow & expecting to get it back on Thursday (30th mar) morning with backlight replaced.

Thanks,
Sachin.

hope so i don't have to replace the entire panel.. I will hand over my TV to the service center guy tomorrow & expecting to get it back on Thursday (30th mar) morning with backlight replaced.

Thanks,
Sachin.
Deciding to purchase shinobi pro 49D630D led tv, how would u rate it's after sales and reliability of led tv?

@sachinv_81 Any updates on your issue? I have similar problem with my L Smart TV. LG is asking for 55K to replace the Panel. Please update if its just the back light issue.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back