Blown SVS Subwoofer

I have decided on a SVS PB12NSD. Want to try out a cabinet sub vs the previous cylindrical one that I had. Initially I though of getting the PB12 plus, but down the road when I move my HT into a bigger room I will just get another NSD which will help produce smoother bass.
Cheers,
Sid

This is what I got recently (3 weeks back)

SB1000 BLACK Rs. 44,900.00
PB1000 BLACK Rs. 46,900.00
SB12 NSD CHARCOAL Rs. 49,400.00
SB12 NSD PIANO BLACK Rs. 52,700.00
PB12 NSD BLACK Rs. 57,100.00
PC12 NSD BLACK Rs. 61,500.00
PC12 PLUS BLACK Rs. 1,26,400.00
PB12 PLUS BLACK OAK Rs. 1,39,600.00
PB12 PLUS PIANO BLACK Rs. 1,46,200.00
SB13 ULTA PIANO BLACK Rs. 1,44,900.00
PC13 ULTRA BLACK Rs. 1,51,700.00
PB13 ULTRA BLACK OAK Rs. 1,70,400.00
PB13 ULTRA PIANO BLACK Rs. 1,77,000.00

Exclusive of VAT and Shipping

There seems to have go up quite a bit as earlier pricing for pb12nsd was incl of vat and shipping@ 53k

Yes, we know SVS is the best in subwoofer, but I am not sure why there are no stocks. Is it due to less demand for SVS subs ? Or Is there a huge demand for it ? I am afraid the new stocks will have a sharp increase in the price .. :eek:

Yes, we know SVS is the best in subwoofer, but I am not sure why there are no stocks.

All I can say is that finding anything in stock in audio in India is like winning a lottery (doesn't matter if it is mass market or high end). All the websites, advertisements etc. are misleading and I have realised now that till the item is actually picked up/delivered at your location it is out of stock. Anyways one good thing, I am learning patience. "Land of instant gratification" India is NOT!:lol: Patience is a Virtue!
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Ok I got a SVS SBNSD12 yesterday in the piano black finish. Nice looking sub. Why the change from ported to sealed? Partly because no stock of ported and partly because I never had a sealed sub., so wanted to experience it. Saw a couple of movie clips, after dialing in the sub. Nice, subtle and tight. Perhaps I will like this type of subwoofing. Time will tell.
Cheers,
Sid

Ok I got a SVS SBNSD12 yesterday in the piano black finish. Nice looking sub. Why the change from ported to sealed? Partly because no stock of ported and partly because I never had a sealed sub., so wanted to experience it. Saw a couple of movie clips, after dialing in the sub. Nice, subtle and tight. Perhaps I will like this type of subwoofing. Time will tell.
Cheers,
Sid

Sid, what they lack in Raw SPL they make up in articulation

Thanks Arj. Yes I see that, they are more nuanced. Saw a movie yesterday Iron Man 3, lot of explosions, gunshots etc. Though the SBNSD12 was not as loud as my previous 20-39 pc+, the bass was definitely tighter and more taut, having more of that startling jump in your seat effect especially when transitioning from a silent passage. I am debating whether adding another one will beneficial. Anyways I guess I have time to think on that as there are hardly any stocks of SVS in the country for now.
Cheers,
Sid

Thanks Arj. Yes I see that, they are more nuanced. Saw a movie yesterday Iron Man 3, lot of explosions, gunshots etc. Though the SBNSD12 was not as loud as my previous 20-39 pc+, the bass was definitely tighter and more taut, having more of that startling jump in your seat effect especially when transitioning from a silent passage. I am debating whether adding another one will beneficial. Anyways I guess I have time to think on that as there are hardly any stocks of SVS in the country for now.
Cheers,
Sid

Congrats on your new purchase !!!

By the way, what is your room size ? SB12NSD would be too good for rooms of size lesser than 3000 sq.feet.

Congrats on your new purchase !!!

By the way, what is your room size ? SB12NSD would be too good for rooms of size lesser than 3000 sq.feet.

Thanks Shanmune.
Volume of room: 1600 sq.ft. I have to fine tune placement a bit further (by placing sub at listening position and mapping different locations of highest spl with a db meter), but am feeling lazy for now, however I believe with that done it should sound even better.
Cheers,
Sid

Hi all,
Since I am in the same situation, I don't want to start a new thread.
After around 6years of service, my SVS PC 12 PLUS gave up on me. As exactly mentioned by the OP, mine also failed when I was watching a movie.
I have contacted AUDIRE from whom the product was purchased are no more dealers of SVS and they have asked me to contact the Delhi based dealer.
Then I have inspected the driver movement and found the noise mentioned earlier proves that the problem is with the driver.
Amp is fine.
I have sent a mail to fellow FM SIDEWINDER18X who said he could repair. But, No reply.
Any suggestions for the driver repair. Chennai is most preferred one as i can reach by.

Thanks in advance
cheers

I can fix your SVS. For that you will have to post me some pics of that blown driver from all possible angles. Kindly answer few questions related to the faulty driver......
1. Is the cone assemble not moving (stuck) when you press it downwards ?.
2. If its freely moving down & up. Do you find any scrapping noise when
you press the cone assembly up & down ?.
3. Do you find any cracks or tear in any component ..... cone or spider ?.
4. Do you see any adhesive failure in between cone and spider ?, surround
to frame ?, spider to frame ? or in between the termination of the
surround to the cone body.
It is possible to replace the voice coil (if damaged) by re-using the cone assembly again. Spider will also need a change in the doing course.
I can get parts from my sources abroad to fix the SVS, provided if you can
ship it to my workshop in Kolkata.
& by the way 12" Peerless (India) driver will not work as an ideal replacement.
Vicky
Pls pls send me your workshop address..

My SVS PC12 plus, amp is not working. After a brief chat with SVS care, they told its a software problem. Any one here in India, can fix this?

Appreciate any help.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back