Blu-ray Disc Rental in Bangalore

sudhishkv

Hi All,

Good news!!!

Recently MOTHAY started Blu-ray disc rental in bangalore.

The charges are Rs. 1000 for the membeship and Rs.100 per BD(2 days).

Contact number: 26561741.

Cheers,
Sudhish.

I believe reference point on cmh road (near apporva diagnostics) has blu ray rentals. 94484-88246/25257246

apart from mothays ,channel 9 jayanagar stocks brds for rent @75/day
chk it out @9900136895

Hi All,

Good news!!!

Recently MOTHAY started Blu-ray disc rental in bangalore.

The charges are Rs. 1000 for the membeship and Rs.100 per BD(2 days).

Contact number: 26561741.

Cheers,
Sudhish.

have been a member of mothays from the past 8-10 yrs since the LD days
no doubt its a good library ,but i dont find his delivery boys trustable, and sourcing of new titles even on dvds is too damn slow compared to C9

l

Mothays has good collection and I enjoyed about 5 years. But when I have little issue and I escalated twice, they never bother to reply. Shocked to see the attitude with their 5 year old customer. No issues from my side. I just stopped rentting it and I am not going to be the looser except one time life membership fee.

I was just looking for other good renting shop (Both DVD and Blu ray). Let me check it with Channel 9 and thanks for the information.

Hi all,
can we list all the places from where either we can buy or rent the blue-ray discs in Bangalore?

u cud buy from

--landmark (forum)
--planet M (brigade road)
--calypso (jayanagar)
--but the best place with 10-20:/: discount is thro a distributor in SP road-prashanti / prashanth video (cant get the name right)

Mothays has good collection and I enjoyed about 5 years. But when I have little issue and I escalated twice, they never bother to reply. Shocked to see the attitude with their 5 year old customer. No issues from my side. I just stopped rentting it and I am not going to be the looser except one time life membership fee.

I was just looking for other good renting shop (Both DVD and Blu ray). Let me check it with Channel 9 and thanks for the information.

ya sure they do have a vague atitude (especially the pick up boys), probably since they were among the first ones to start rentals they still think they are the only ones out there:lol:

After lots of search here and there I started renting DVDs from seventymm. I pushed them to start renting BD but they are not interested it seems. If more customers requests, I think they shall start.

I heard very bad feedback about seventymm earlier. Even though I enrolled it, and found their services are good. The issues that I faced with them so far are reasonable.

I started renting DVDs from them from March-10. So its been 3 months so far.

The Good:
  • Daily door step deliveries as per my plan (2000 INR, 6 days a week delivery for a year)
  • Good collection (not excellent though)
  • Serves purpose of clearing backlog of movies which you wanted to see in last 10 years but difficult to get them at near by DVD shop - who always gives pirated DVD
  • All DVD are original with 480i resolution and DTS or Dolby 5.1 tracks - fantastic quality
  • My father enjoying movies of 1950-1960s :)
  • supporting customer care group

The Bad:
  • at least 4 miss in delivering movies per month. Though they compensate by giving equal credit into plan but still its annoying when you are waiting to receive movie eagerly and you dont get
  • latest 2 movies in a month dont work well and hangs. Though they compensate by giving equal credit into plan but still its annoying and your day gets spoiled
  • Delivery timings are between 2 PM to 7 PM. Delivery boy comes anytime between this time, so always you have to finish movie before 2 PM and you can't go out during this period. If you are staying in apartment, you can give your DVD to security personnel and they can exchange DVD for you
  • They are slow on sourcing new titles 3-4 months delay, but this is ok to me.

So far, it looks good.

Last edited:
After buying my dad (in bangalore) a bd player, i also set up a bd- rental account for him.

I chose, moviemart, where i also rent my bds from.

the rental price includes to and fro shipping from delhi. you can borrow 4 movies at a time and there is not ime limit for keeping.

my dad has gone through 2 cycles so far, and he's quite happy. ( and do note that he lives on the outskirts of bangalore where courier services are patchy)

price depend on the package but i think the top package the price works out to less than 70/- a BD.

pros- cheap, online, bds are almost always scratchless, keep as long as you want
cons- delay between order and delivery (1 day lead time), someone needs to be home to receive the courier)

hope this helps.

cheers

Reviving and old thread, as Blu ray has been there for a long time. Any new Blu ray rentals in Bangalore which are good and have good service. Thinking of buying a player, but before i do that finding out how the rental scene is. Don't want to end up investing in a player and not getting Blu ray's for rent. I am not interested in buying them. All inputs and suggestions are welcome.

Reviving and old thread, as Blu ray has been there for a long time. Any new Blu ray rentals in Bangalore which are good and have good service. Thinking of buying a player, but before i do that finding out how the rental scene is. Don't want to end up investing in a player and not getting Blu ray's for rent. I am not interested in buying them. All inputs and suggestions are welcome.

Copy paste reply.

Pretty sure you will find many. Try Just Dial... they should hit you up with many.

Also, these 2 found on Google.

Channel9
Bluray Libraries in Bangalore, Bluray Rentals, India | Justdial

I am a member of Channel9, they are having pretty good collection around 600-700 discs i guess.....Also if any one is interested to share some discs for viewing and then return, I am open to that...let me know...

Such rentals are legal if you are viewing at home (private).

Not exactly until and unless the service provider/ rental agency is authorised to do the same i.e. rent movies as well as permission from distributors to do so.

You just cant open a shop and buy bds from flipkart at 50% off and then start giving them on rent. Actually you can do that, but it will be illegal. :yahoo:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back