Blu-ray Disc Rental in Delhi-Gurgaon

Eight1zero

Hi
Can anyone help me locate a library which rents out Blu ray disc in Delhi or Gurgaon region preferably in Gurgaon
Regards

Rent Movies | Buy DVD Movies Online at Lowest Price - Movie Mart has a collection of Blu ray movies for rental with them but don't forget to negotiate the membership fees with them, they charge around 13900 for 96 disks valid for a period of 1 year plus they charge security deposit of 2000 for 2 disks which is refundable, but if you negotiate well they can bring the membership amount down too 9600 for 96 disks and that too for unlimited months plus the security deposit of 2000.

Last edited:
thank you for your help guys

Also as I stay in Faridabad so I have already joined a Blu Ray membership there which charges me 100 for each disks.

i am looking for the same kind of local library from where i can rent BD for 100rs as and when i want to.

ashish has ure oppo arrived? if yes any feedback?

that's damn expensive!!

Rent Movies | Buy DVD Movies Online at Lowest Price - Movie Mart has a collection of Blu ray movies for rental with them but don't forget to negotiate the membership fees with them, they charge around 13900 for 96 disks valid for a period of 1 year plus they charge security deposit of 2000 for 2 disks which is refundable, but if you negotiate well they can bring the membership amount down too 9600 for 96 disks and that too for unlimited months plus the security deposit of 2000.

Ps: do not tell them my name or I told you about this. I know about it because I negotiated a same kind of deal through their owner two days back but I didn't join their membership as all the titles they have are already watched by me either on DVDs or Blu ray so spending this kind of money is a waste for me. Also as I stay in Faridabad so I have already joined a Blu Ray membership there which charges me 100 for each disks.

Rent out a Blue Ray Disc:sad:

Buddy, In Bangy you get some classics on Blue Ray discs at Rs 70/- per disc:)

Great and out of the world picture and Sound quality. All my Indiana Jones series are Blue-ray Discs.

Somehow feel that the rental part is too harsh, why dont you search, you'll get brand new CD's at lower price.

Great and out of the world picture and Sound quality. All my Indiana Jones series are Blue-ray Discs.

Somehow feel that the rental part is too harsh, why dont you search, you'll get brand new CD's at lower price.

That's good to know. Where do you get them in Bangalore? Also what about newer movies( past 2-3 years)

I don't think these are original blu-ray discs. I don't think you can buy a empty disc for that matter.:rolleyes:

I don't think these are original blu-ray discs. I don't think you can buy a empty disc for that matter.:rolleyes:

I remember someone writing that rental companies in Chennai are giving out real genuine Blu-Ray discs at a rental of Rs.50. So it is quite possible.

I am also assuming that Pavan wrote CD by mistake instead of DVD.

Cheers

Pavan,

I guess those must be the ones that are sold in National Market for 40/- per DVD, they carry a label saying recorded from Blu ray.

Regards,

Srisha

I remember someone writing that rental companies in Chennai are giving out real genuine Blu-Ray discs at a rental of Rs.50. So it is quite possible.

I am also assuming that Pavan wrote CD by mistake instead of DVD.

Cheers

Venkat - I would agree with renting it for 50, However he is talking about buying it. These are DVD's written with probably rips, I was tried to be fooled by a shop guy in Spencer.

He said "Sir, this is original Blu-ray DVD"
Me - :confused:

Venkat - I would agree with renting it for 50, However he is talking about buying it.

I guess I misunderstood that statement of Pavan. I stand corrected. The cheapest you can get a original Blu-Ray disc is Rs.900. This is what I saw in Landmark.

Cheers

Just now visited the site of movie mart.
Charges are Rs 5999 for 96 discs , one year validity.

I guess this is for dvds only.

Last edited:
I guess I misunderstood that statement of Pavan. I stand corrected. The cheapest you can get a original Blu-Ray disc is Rs.900. This is what I saw in Landmark.

Cheers

Last time I was in Music World, Spencer I saw few being advertised BOGOF although the collection was a bit poor.

Ps: do not tell them my name or I told you about this. I know about it because I negotiated a same kind of deal through their owner two days back but I didn't join their membership as all the titles they have are already watched by me either on DVDs or Blu ray so spending this kind of money is a waste for me. Also as I stay in Faridabad so I have already joined a Blu Ray membership there which charges me 100 for each disks.

Hi Ashish,
Am from Fbd too.
From where are you getting that membership in fbd?

Which region coded discs are being provided by the rental guys. I am going to buy a blu-ray player soon and want to know buying which region coded will be a better choice from the content perspective.

Pavan,

I guess those must be the ones that are sold in National Market for 40/- per DVD, they carry a label saying recorded from Blu ray.

Regards,

Srisha

I Agree with Srisha. I walked into national market in Bangalore & saw these folks selling disc's claiming to be Blu-ray's.

These disc's are plain and simple DVD's, both in Media & Content.

I actually thought that these folks have recorded 720P AVCHD's on DVD5's and selling them as Blu-ray disc's. But heck, they are just high quality DVD's. The video bitrate is around 3.5Mbps Max at peak.

I did read somewhere, that pirates at Malaysia & Thailand, sell Blu-Ray Rips ( Typical AVCHD on a UDF 2.5 file system) on DVD Media as Bluray at dirt cheap prices ( Ranging between INR 30 - INR 70 )

Hi Ashish,
Am from Fbd too.
From where are you getting that membership in fbd?

Get in touch with the Lasershop in sector 15 market they charge 1000 as life time membership fees (non refundable) and then would take a deposit of 1000 for 10 blu ray disks (can be redemed in unlimited days). Their contact information is 01294008008,01294009009,9811151010.

Last edited:
Which region coded discs are being provided by the rental guys. I am going to buy a blu-ray player soon and want to know buying which region coded will be a better choice from the content perspective.

If a rental library is sourcing its disks from US then it would be region A, otherwise most of the library's in Delhi and NCR are stocking BDs which are sold from the retail shelves so they are either region free or region locked to C.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back