Blu-ray player to play Audio CDs!

I find very few reasons apart from cd's looking good on a shelf to use them - they are digital anyway.
Just record/rip them using the best player you like and play those versions digitally. For comparison, you can play CD on a player your choice vs the ripped version and make changes to the amp or DAC tone and filter settings to match the CD tone. Might be the most convenient way to play CD's.
Maybe there is a pleasure in handling physical media I guess. Else people having vinyl also would have done that if it was inconvenient. Different people with different strokes.

Maybe there is a pleasure in handling physical media I guess. Else people having vinyl also would have done that if it was inconvenient. Different people with different strokes.
I have hundreds of CDs, vinyls and cassettes. Some are older than me. Some are not in their best shape.
I also have hundreds, maybe thousands digital files.
Each physical media is signed and dated, some by my dad, before I was born. Each carry a story. Of love and sometimes loss. Of the cities and countries where they are picked up from. Of an old man in a shop in Sheffield or bubbly young girl in Dubai.
They all sing the song and play the music. They also tell stories.

I have hundreds of CDs, vinyls and cassettes. Some are older than me. Some are not in their best shape.
I also have hundreds, maybe thousands digital files.
Each physical media is signed and dated, some by my dad, before I was born. Each carry a story. Of love and sometimes loss. Of the cities and countries where they are picked up from. Of an old man in a shop in Sheffield or bubbly young girl in Dubai.
They all sing the song and play the music. They also tell stories.
Totally agree, it reminds you of the pleasant moments one has spent searching for the physical media or gifted by someone when you play them. I still have the first audio cd which I had purchased & it just makes you feel good & reminds you of that time. Some CD's of bands like the Beetles, The Door's, Carpentors etc have a small booklet inside with short interesting descriptions of the artiste's lives, about their band etc.
Streaming media is also good, does have the convenience & suits those especially on the move. Nothing good or bad as such, just each one's preferences.

Agree. Thats why I wrote "I find very few reasons ". To me the physical aspects of holding a CD don't overweigh the convenience of changing tracks, creating playlists and portability. You can still touch and feel the CD's and covers and inlays but don't have to play them every time. I have about 500 CD's. that I like looking at and opening some jewel cases to feel nostalgic about etc., but don't think sound much different from a digital copy. A wav extract of a CD track should be the same as the original, in principle.
Digital media mangers like roon go some way in providing a richer experience by engaging more than just ears while listening to music.

Last edited:
I have no dedicated CD players like CD6005, have Marrantz PM6005 amp with only Pioneer BDP 170.
If I am using Digital Coaxial Out of that player to feed the Stereo amp is that same when compared to have a dedicated CD Player?
Some people say that there are differences quality when we have such a component!
If anyone here to support them then can you explain why?

Thanks in advance!
19f591ef75d31c017f328436b41d3898.jpg
PIONEER LX series is good in that price range

Any old each channel anloag output bluray disc player is good for audio CDs listing , # Panasonic pioneer, marantz, cambridge audio bluray disc player

Back