Blu Ray Signal over S Video Any Improvements?

deba

Dear All,

If Blu Ray Output is given in place of standard DVD via S Video to a Standard Definition Projector will I get better Video Quality? Its known that the signal wont be HD (1080/720), but will the output be better than DVD?

I am asking this because my present Projector has only Composite RCA and S Video Input and no HDMI.

Thanks.

The short and simple answer is yes, but the gain will be very small and negligible. Personally I would not bother with Blu-ray, atlest not until I changed the projector, which ought to be your primary goal first. Upgrading to even a very, entry level projector, costing little more than a good BD player, will give you far more in terms of an improved picture, than upgrading to BD in your current setup.

The short and simple answer is yes, but the gain will be very small and negligible. Personally I would not bother with Blu-ray, atlest not until I changed the projector, which ought to be your primary goal first. Upgrading to even a very, entry level projector, costing little more than a good BD player, will give you far more in terms of an improved picture, than upgrading to BD in your current setup.

+1 to this. It will make very small but positive difference.

Only component, or better still, HDMI, will make a significant difference.

But you said that your projector is SD only. So it may not have component or HDMI in.

Blu Ray Signal over Any Improvements?

Can VGA (15 pin D-Sub) Connection carry 720i/p and 1080i/p HD Video Signal.

In other words if I use the component video out put ( Y Cb Cr) of my Blu Ray player and and the D Sub Connector of my Projector , Will I be able to transmit HD Signal to my Projector.

Kindly refer to this link for clarification:

Can a VGA cable carry a HD video signal? - Yahoo! Answers

I have noticed that when I play DVD via S Video of Projector the Video Quality is blurred but when I use Dsub from Computer to the Projector the Video Quality is excellent (very sharp) .

Thanks.

Re: Blu Ray Signal over Any Improvements?

Can VGA (15 pin D-Sub) Connection carry 720i/p and 1080i/p HD Video Signal.

In other words if I use the component video out put ( Y Cb Cr) of my Blu Ray player and and the D Sub Connector of my Projector , Will I be able to transmit HD Signal to my Projector.

Kindly refer to this link for clarification:

Can a VGA cable carry a HD video signal? - Yahoo! Answers

I have noticed that when I play DVD via S Video of Projector the Video Quality is blurred but when I use Dsub from Computer to the Projector the Video Quality is excellent (very sharp) .

Thanks.
Can you please publish your projector model?

All projectors have a native resolution and able to scale down or up to some extent. In your case, suppose your projector native capability is 640x480 (VGA), it may be able to scale up to 800x600 (SVGA) or even 1024x768 (XGA).

As far as I know, 1080p is possible via HDMI only but I am a newbie and may be mistaken.

I also knew that 1080 is possible through HDMI only , but there are few sites saying that its possible through component and vga.

The Projector I am talking about is Mitsubishi XD110, please see this:

Mitsubishi XD110 Projector

Today I have connected my DVD Player component out ( y cb cr) to VGA In of Projector and got much improved video quality.

Will y cb cr to VGA cable be able to transmit 1080p signal ??

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back