Blu-Ray v/s Media Player

Thank you reignofchaos. What about the 1080p movies that are available via torrent sites? If downloaded into the media player, do you actually get a 1080p quality picture?

Yes absolutely, Provided Player is 1080 P compatible. Most newer player are 1080P.

Real Video Files are 720P compatible but they are rare.

A typical 1080P File, In mkv format with x264 codec having DTS/DD audio plays fine.

Yup it'll play 1080p. However the picture quality of the media players is far inferior to a proper pc. Please do be aware of that.

Yup it'll play 1080p. However the picture quality of the media players is far inferior to a proper pc. Please do be aware of that.

Is there are Review/ Side by Side comparison for that, I doubt this?

Same file thru, Laptop and Xtreamer as for PQ were same, Although the Lappy was with VGA cable at 1080p resolution.

Is there are Review/ Side by Side comparison for that, I doubt this?

Same file thru, Laptop and Xtreamer as for PQ were same, Although the Lappy was with VGA cable at 1080p resolution.

You have to compare both with the same HDMI input using same TV settings. I have my xtreamer sitting in the closet after getting my AMD fusion based HTPC. The very same content looks far more vibrant with better blacks on the PC compared to the Xtreamer. You have to see it in person to appreciate the difference in picture quality.

Last edited:
But can a media player play 3d sbs(side by side) mkv @1080p can able be to play via hdmi 1.4 Any supported media streamers plz let me know {sorry if this is off topic}

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back